PDA

View Full Version : Let's see if I've got this right. Capt Bubble Screen is great because.....

blacklistedbully
03-03-2014, 06:21 PM
His INT's went way down last year while his yards stayed high. Rebs expect him to be even better this year because, unlike last year when he was unable to throw long, he'll be fully recovered and able to throw like he did in 2012.

So, they are acknowledging he had to resort to short passes (bubble-screens up the ying-yang) this past year, a year in which his INT's went way down. But they are not getting that the very fact that he had to throw all those bubble-screens is probably a bigger factor in the lower INT's than any development on his part. He threw a whole bunch more safe, short passes, and relied on his WR's, particularly Moncrief, to turn those into big yards and/or TDs.

Reason would seem to dictate that a Bo Wallace again able to throw down-field is a Bo Wallace more likely to throw INT's, not less. While I can understand that a QB can develop and get better with experience, I remain skeptical of Sunshine primarily because he's not coming from a point of increased experience throwing down-field. If anything, I expect him to be rustier in that department than he was coming into his intercept-fest of 2012. If CBS truly is 100% in 2014, I think we're more likely to see something closer to 2012 than 2013, maybe even worse without Moncrief.

Coach34
03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
The Confederates are really upset at all the Dakota love going on by national writers and publications

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2014, 07:32 PM
He is great because he plays for ole miss by damn. Don't you know on field results are irrelevant to success and greatness in Oxford?

Political Hack
03-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Captain Bubble Screen is going be Captain Pick if he tries to throw downfield.

codeDawg
03-03-2014, 07:55 PM
I would be much more concerned about their defense than their offense next year. The offense is just missing too many pieces. Scheme won't be as much of an advantage as it was two years ago.

Johnson85
03-04-2014, 08:49 AM
His INT's went way down last year while his yards stayed high. Rebs expect him to be even better this year because, unlike last year when he was unable to throw long, he'll be fully recovered and able to throw like he did in 2012.

So, they are acknowledging he had to resort to short passes (bubble-screens up the ying-yang) this past year, a year in which his INT's went way down. But they are not getting that the very fact that he had to throw all those bubble-screens is probably a bigger factor in the lower INT's than any development on his part. He threw a whole bunch more safe, short passes, and relied on his WR's, particularly Moncrief, to turn those into big yards and/or TDs.

Reason would seem to dictate that a Bo Wallace again able to throw down-field is a Bo Wallace more likely to throw INT's, not less. While I can understand that a QB can develop and get better with experience, I remain skeptical of Sunshine primarily because he's not coming from a point of increased experience throwing down-field. If anything, I expect him to be rustier in that department than he was coming into his intercept-fest of 2012. If CBS truly is 100% in 2014, I think we're more likely to see something closer to 2012 than 2013, maybe even worse without Moncrief.

He probably will be better next year, even if his interceptions tick up because he has the armstrength to take shots down field. But I'm not sure how much it will show in the stats with him losing Moncrief. I think treadwell will be good too, but at best he will be as good as Moncrief was two years ago and I don't know that his secondary receivers will be any better.

Coach34
03-04-2014, 09:12 AM
people conveniently forget they lose Logan also. He and Moncrief were their top two WR's yardage-wise

RossDawg82
03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Bubble screens, quick slants, or any other short route is their offense. They wont throw deep with him behind center unless there is a breakdown in the secondary. It is the same offense than was run in Houston with QB Case Keenum or however you spell his name.

TexasDawg
03-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Bo Wallace aka Captain Bubble Screen aka The Wet Noodle aka The Pike Punching Bag

EAVdog
03-04-2014, 12:10 PM
His Offensive Line will need to protect him longer if he wants to throw down field more. Something they didn't do very well in their last few games. They say it was because Tunsil was hurt, and it always hurts to lose a starter, but that just shows how thin they are there. Our D-Line whipped their O-Line pretty good in the Egg Bowl.

Pollodawg
03-04-2014, 12:28 PM
If his arm wasn't up to snuff last season, why would it be this season. Will it be ever again. Those are the kinds of injuries that have ended careers....

DawgPoundRock
03-04-2014, 12:39 PM
He will be jevan snead this year..I think by game 4 the fans will be calling for kinkade. They may win those games but not by the margin you would think. Vandy will give them trouble and so will Hud. Memphis could be a trap game seeing they will play like its their super bowl

jimbo352
03-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Meh... We will find out this Fall...

He's a senior QB with 2 years experience, He'll probably be a better(maybe healthier) QB next year. Dak will be coming back with more experience and confidence because of the way the season ended... Nothing ground breaking.