PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Softball Update

curmudgeon
03-03-2014, 11:02 AM
No one else has given it, so I will.

Softball Dawgs went 5-1 in something called the Mississippi Gulf Coast Classic and now sit at 19-1 on the season.

Their loss was to the first team they have played this season, the 12th-ranked Baylor Bears. Baylor won 1-0 in extra innings. This brings the Softball Dawgs to 1-1 on the season in extra innings, they defeated the Blackbirds of Long Island University 1-0 earlier this season in extra frames.

In 19 of their 20 games this season, MSU pitching has held their opponents to one run or less (9 shutouts, 10 1-run). The mighty mighty Memphis Tigers scored two runs on them this weekend in a 3-2 thrilling win for the Softball Dawgs.

Four games in Starkville this week. A midweek game against UAB followed by the opening SEC series of the season against the No. 8 Kentucky Lady BatCats.

Goat Holder
03-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I wish MSU baseball would do a Gulf Coast Classic once the new stadium gets built down there. In my opinion, MSU should not leave the State of Mississippi to play OOC weekend baseball unless it's a tournament like the Houston Classic next year or the one out in LA the following year.

Back to the tittydawgs, I'm liking some Vann Steudamann. Would love nothing more than MSU to because a base(hard and soft)-ball destination school.

Maroon Blood
03-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the update. Softball is a great sport and the young ladies on our team are outstanding players and individuals.

Sacrifice
03-03-2014, 03:29 PM
I am ate up with fast-pitch softball...Absolutely love it!!! I love what coach vann is doing with this team. Is there anywhere I can catch a game on tv or the internet?