PDA

View Full Version : D.J. Jones

GreenheadDawg
03-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Anybody know where we stand with him. We need a big time DT in this class. It sucks that most of the elite juco talent leaves MS every year because they have no ties to MS.

BeastMan
03-03-2014, 09:11 AM
He already has a crazy offer sheet and his initial rating (not long ago) was a high 4 star. Big year and he's a 5 star. I haven't heard 1 of the MSU site guys or any sources express any big MSU interest on his part. He hasn't done many interviews yet and his recruitment has been a silent one thus far. I'm not expecting too much other than MSU making a push for him this fall.

GreenheadDawg
03-03-2014, 10:02 AM
That's what I figured. Was just hoping I guess

Ifyouonlyknew
03-03-2014, 10:11 AM
South Carolina, Alabama, & Tennessee are his top 3 most likely in that order. The kid is from South Carolina so that's their in. Bama is Bama. Tennessee was his only SEC offer out of high school. We will recruit him hard but odds not in our favor.

maroonmania
03-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Also, are we still a major player with TD Moton or has that ship sailed?

smootness
03-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Also, are we still a major player with TD Moton or has that ship sailed?

It looks like he's spending a lot of time at Texas A&M; everything I've seen recently has it between them and LSU.

Westdawg
03-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I would love for us to sign Moton, but there are SEVERAL really good players in state this year, as well as some national guys that we are in on.
I would really like to see what the DT from Canada looks like in camp. I can tell you that his video and his measureables are VERY VERY great.