PDA

View Full Version : Yale beat LSU...Illinois beats Fla

Coach34
03-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Fresno beats A&M...Georgia beat Binghampton to get a game closer to .500 on the season

Todd4State
03-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Georgia is rebuilding. They are MSU circa 2009 right now. Yale beating LSU surprises me. Florida has struggled this year. I wouldn't be shocked if they end up firing O'Sullivan.

Jacksondevildog
03-02-2014, 08:37 PM
No excuse to not win 2 of 3 in our first series of the year in Athens.

bully99
03-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Just looking at the games and scores it looks like vandy is the class of the sec. Their pitching has been nasty. Would probably put uscE right behind and lsu third. I think the next week is very important to our season.

601Dawg
03-03-2014, 08:29 AM
If we go 5-0 this week we Are in business going into SEC play

msstate7
03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
If we go 5-0 this week we Are in business going into SEC play

5-0 will be a tall task

smootness
03-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I'd take 4-1 in a heartbeat. The bottom line is that if we can get Woodruff to gain a little more command and keep the bats going the way they have been lately, we should compete to win the conference.

I know the 4 early losses put a bad taste in some people's mouths, but this team is turning into what we thought they'd be. And they will continue to improve, especially considering the number of young guys we have contributing.

Sandman14
03-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Wait? I thought UGA was a top 10 job and MSU isn't?

Coach34
03-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Didnt they just hire a new coach to rebuild?

Jacksondevildog
03-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Anything more than 2-2 in Arizona will be gravy. We need to beat USA wednesday night (which will be a tough task).

engie
03-03-2014, 10:22 AM
And as of today, there are 2 undefeated teams left in the country. South Carolina and Tennessee.

As I said early on, keep an eye on Tennessee this year. This should be a "coming to the party" season for them in year 3 under Serrano...

bully99
03-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Seton Hall swept 3 games at Arizona over the weekend. Totally dominated. Outscored Arizona 24 to 5. So Arizona gonna be down or angry about getting broomed.

Goat Holder
03-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I agree on O'Sullivan. He missed his opportunity in 2011, they were easily the most dominating team in the country that year, and they let South Carolina pull the rug right out from under them (almost let us do it as well). He'll never have that type of talent on one team again. And Florida isn't scared to fire successful coaches, see Pat McMahon. Pat achieved a #2 finish as well as O'Sullivan. Two average seasons in a row and they run your ass.

Goat Holder
03-03-2014, 11:03 AM
I think South Carolina is going to drop back down to average without Tanner. I agree Serrano will eventually win, but I don't put too much stock in OOC records....at all. Never have since 2006 when we were #1 then fell so far that LT had to pull strings to get us in a regional without even making Hoover. LSU was Top 5 a few years ago, maybe 2011, until SEC play then proceeded to not make a regional.

bully99
03-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Don't agree about USCe. 2 national championships, brand new stadium, huge crowd support. Lots of money and resources, large recruiting base on the east coast.

Imagine if we had won national titles and upgraded our facilities over the years, how much better our program would be.

Goat Holder
03-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Still got to have the coach.

But no doubt, I definitely see why you and everybody else would disagree with me, no big deal there. I just didn't like how the new guy ran the team last year. I didn't see the same 'invincibility' that Tanner-coached teams had.

bully99
03-03-2014, 11:26 AM
They were one game away from going to Omaha last year.And if the current coach fails, at this point in their history, coaches would be falling all over themselves for that job. Everything is in place for them to win for a long time.

Sandman14
03-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Didnt they just hire a new coach to rebuild?

What's that got to do with anything? That's what every shitty baseball program does after a couple losing seasons.

Check out this broshure:

http://www.thegeorgiabulldogclub.com/pdfs/UGA_FFR_brochure.pdf

Funny, though, there is no timeline listed, and all improvements are referenced as "considerations."

UGA isn't a bad baseball program. It's just not one of the premier programs in the SEC.

engie
03-04-2014, 01:04 PM
What's that got to do with anything? That's what every shitty baseball program does after a couple losing seasons.

Check out this broshure:

http://www.thegeorgiabulldogclub.com/pdfs/UGA_FFR_brochure.pdf

Funny, though, there is no timeline listed, and all improvements are referenced as "considerations."

UGA isn't a bad baseball program. It's just not one of the premier programs in the SEC.

Great -- this stupid argument again.

Come see me in 2 years and tell me how "not elite" they are...

smootness
03-04-2014, 01:16 PM
It's going to be tough for Georgia to ever be a truly elite baseball program. I'm telling you, their fans just do not care. At all. I don't care how much the university increases funding or tries to build something; if the fans don't care, it's not going to happen. Good coaches won't come, and if they do, they'll leave. Good players won't come.

Jack Lambert
03-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I think South Carolina is going to drop back down to average without Tanner. I agree Serrano will eventually win, but I don't put too much stock in OOC records....at all. Never have since 2006 when we were #1 then fell so far that LT had to pull strings to get us in a regional without even making Hoover. LSU was Top 5 a few years ago, maybe 2011, until SEC play then proceeded to not make a regional.

I just wonder with the weak OOC games and many of the SEC losing these games is going to hurt the RPI for the SEC?

Sandman14
03-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Great -- this stupid argument again.

Come see me in 2 years and tell me how "not elite" they are...

I'm telling you right now like I told you a year ago: you are wrong. I take every chance I get, whenever the topic of UGA comes up, because I love it when smart people (baseball-wise, anyway) make incredibly dumb arguments (such as "UGA is a top 5 baseball coaching job"). I'll be saying it now and saying it 10 years from now. They will have runs here and there, but they won't ever have the tradition and pedigree of the top dawgs in the SEC, despite the fact that they did luck their way into a national title in 90.