PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from the baseball sword fight

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-01-2014, 09:25 PM
After watching this weekend, Ive come to the conclusion that....

Collins should be our catcher. Period.
Humphries is our DH. Period.
Garner has to be in the lineup.
Hendo and Armstrong arent awful, like people think. They need to play.

Who do you bench? You almost have to bench Detz???? Britton shouldnt play at all.

Oh, and Ross Mitchell should have his number retired. Ive been going to DNF since 1987 and he is next level. I need 5 innings, I dont want hurst, bj wallace, dubose or maholm....give me Ross

I seen it dawg
03-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Shit I agree on all points. We need to be allowed 11 hitters in the lineup.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Maybe move hump to 3rd and dh garner.

Hump was hitting rockets today. I mean the hardest hit balls ive ever seen

Can detz play 2b and move pirtle to ss? Id hate to take detz completely out of lineup

smootness
03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Maybe move hump to 3rd and dh garner.

Hump was hitting rockets today. I mean the hardest hit balls ive ever seen

Can detz play 2b and move pirtle to ss? Id hate to take detz completely out of lineup

I wouldn't put Detz at 2B, but I love what he brings to the table. The easiest answer to me is to put Humphreys in the OF.

Coach34
03-01-2014, 09:39 PM
problem is Detz cant play 2nd- and Pirtle doesnt have the arm to play SS

I seen it dawg
03-01-2014, 09:45 PM
They are sitting on the office right now trying to figure out how to get those bats in the lineup. Humphreys and Collins plays I think. Garner may be odd man out right now.

Dawg61
03-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I prefer last year's regional MVP and OBP god Alex Detz in the lineup. Only way you keep him off the bases is by putting him on the bench.

CadaverDawg
03-01-2014, 10:02 PM
You could always rotate Garner and Detz according to pitching matchup if you were going to do that, but I am still in the Detz camp. He will get the bat going, and his eye at the plate is too good to take out of the lineup. Garner's sample size is still too small in my opinion. He looks like a future stud, but he has some Vlad Guerrero in him right now....he gets up there and hacks. That's not always a bad thing, but not always a great thing either. Detz is valuable to this lineup.

Agree completely on Hump and Collins. And Henderson is a gamer that needs to be starting in the outfield every game.

Rea - locked in at 1B
Pirtle - locked in at 2B
Heck - locked in at SS
Hendu - locked in at RF
Vick - locked in at LF
CT - locked in at CF
Collins - locked in at C

Not locked in -
Detz
Hump
Garner

2 of the 3 will play every game, with 1 at 3rd and 1 at DH. My choice right now is Detz and Hump, but Garner has had some moments here early on. Play the hot freshman bat at the time, but don't take the Senior leadership out of the lineup

slickdawg
03-01-2014, 10:08 PM
After watching this weekend, Ive come to the conclusion that....

Collins should be our catcher. Period.
Humphries is our DH. Period.
Garner has to be in the lineup.
Hendo and Armstrong arent awful, like people think. They need to play.

Who do you bench? You almost have to bench Detz???? Britton shouldnt play at all.

Oh, and Ross Mitchell should have his number retired. Ive been going to DNF since 1987 and he is next level. I need 5 innings, I dont want hurst, bj wallace, dubose or maholm....give me Ross

Ross is a modern day Jon Harden, and hell yes, if the game is on the line, give him the ball.

Todd4State
03-01-2014, 11:16 PM
The only way I know to get them all in is to put Reid at SS and leave Detz at third. And that may not be a good idea because I think it would hurt us defensively. With all the baseball stats out there, it's hard to quantify what a guy like Heck contributes in terms of saving runs with defense even if he isn't driving them in with his bat.

maroonmania
03-01-2014, 11:28 PM
You could always rotate Garner and Detz according to pitching matchup if you were going to do that, but I am still in the Detz camp. He will get the bat going, and his eye at the plate is too good to take out of the lineup. Garner's sample size is still too small in my opinion. He looks like a future stud, but he has some Vlad Guerrero in him right now....he gets up there and hacks. That's not always a bad thing, but not always a great thing either. Detz is valuable to this lineup.

Agree completely on Hump and Collins. And Henderson is a gamer that needs to be starting in the outfield every game.

Rea - locked in at 1B
Pirtle - locked in at 2B
Heck - locked in at SS
Hendu - locked in at RF
Vick - locked in at LF
CT - locked in at CF
Collins - locked in at C

Not locked in -
Detz
Hump
Garner

2 of the 3 will play every game, with 1 at 3rd and 1 at DH. My choice right now is Detz and Hump, but Garner has had some moments here early on. Play the hot freshman bat at the time, but don't take the Senior leadership out of the lineup

Problem is I haven't seen enough of Humphreys at 3rd to compare his defense with that of Detz but assuming they are roughly equal or close to equal you could play Detz at 3rd against RH pitching and have Detz and Humphreys (or Garner) in those matchups and then against LH pitching play Humphreys at 3rd and DH Garner giving you 2 RH hitters in the lineup with power assuming both Humphreys and Garner continue to hit well. They may neither have the OBP that Detz has but both have much more power than Detz.

Bucky Dog
03-02-2014, 10:05 AM
The only way I know to get them all in is to put Reid at SS and leave Detz at third. And that may not be a good idea because I think it would hurt us defensively. With all the baseball stats out there, it's hard to quantify what a guy like Heck contributes in terms of saving runs with defense even if he isn't driving them in with his bat.
I have been wondering if putting Reid at SS is even a possibility because of his arm. That's where he played until his senior year because of Tommy John surgery forcing him to first base and DH. He hasn't seemed very comfortable on the hot corner yet but am not sure how healthy his arm is. I know he is at third but many times SS take a better arm to play. Todd is he completely healthy to even give SS a shot?

Bark
03-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Collins is a stud. Will have ups and downs but his arm behind the plate is as good as we've had in a long time. VERY valuable.
Armstrong has to be in the lineup somewhere solely for his speed...maybe not an everyday guy but significant playing time
Heck has locked up SS.
Detz needs to be in the lineup.

TheRef
03-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Can I just say this? It's a very good thing to be trying to decide which bat to put in the lineup. That means we have plenty of people who we can place and go with.