PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why I can't get the games lately on the radio?

Goat Holder
03-01-2014, 06:43 PM
TuneIn usually works, but all the stations I use aren't streaming it. Basketball game was on though?

Jacksondevildog
03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
The games today are not on statewide radio. I don't see why they would not. We only played for the national championship last year. Every single baseball game for Mississippi State should be on the radio. At times, I feel like our athletic department is very progressive. Other times, I feel like it's the town alderman for the town of Mayberry.

Drugdog
03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
TuneIn usually works, but all the stations I use aren't streaming it. Basketball game was on though?

You can hear every game and watch every game for $40 thru Hailstate.

Goat Holder
03-01-2014, 07:29 PM
F*ck paying for free radio. I'll let you do that.

Dawghouse
03-01-2014, 07:40 PM
That probably answers your question though. If all the games were available for free how would they be able to survive financially.

jbjones
03-01-2014, 07:45 PM

I'm of this train of thought. I'm glad I live locally. I'd go nuts. I think tomorrow's game is a network game. Over the past 3 or so years, I've noticed that these early season games are pretty much all local. It's kind of BS. I really would like to hear a vaild agrument as to why all games aren't on the statewide network.

Goat Holder
03-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Radio has always been free, and paid for by advertisements, which you still get even when you stream.

I seen it dawg
03-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Tell you what...tell them you are the Goat and they will do whatever you want

WPDawg
03-01-2014, 08:06 PM
I dont think they have ever carried early games (thinking back as far as the early 80s). Because the listening numbers dont grow until SEC starts up. So today's world is better than ever because of HailState.com. It does cost but better than not having it if you are wanting to listen. Just wish I could stream it on my blackberry....

jbjones
03-01-2014, 08:29 PM
... So today's world is better than ever because of HailState.com. It does cost but better than not having it if you are wanting to listen. ...

I totally disagree. All Football games are networked. Why one of our most popular, and most successful, sport teams aren't on the State network for every game is shameful.

Goat Holder
03-01-2014, 08:33 PM
If I wanted to watch, I'd do Hailstate, but I go to games, and the others I like to listen on the radio.

Goat Holder
03-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Shouldn't you be in the game thread throwing out useless nuggets like how Hendo should be on the bench? Oh wait I forgot, you're drunk right? Isn't that typically your excuse for stupidity on the board?

bully99
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I've been bitching about this for years, emailed Ellis, Stricklin and radio stations, but they just ignore you. We use to have the largest college baseball radio network in the country, but it's a shell of that today because they want you to buy hailstate.

Not having Fridays game on is a disgrace. NO basketball conflict, but you can Damn well know tsun game was on FREE RADIO. Our empty suit AD won't do anything about it.

Goat Holder
03-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Yeah, Ole Miss is definitely always on. I usually find them on the stations that used to carry State. I figured it was a moneymaking scheme behind HailState but I guess I was hoping that it wasn't.

I'm not a Stricklin hater, but I don't think this one is a good decision.

I've also noticed lately you can't call into the ticket office. Busy tone all damn day Friday. Not sure what's up there.

Drugdog
03-01-2014, 09:08 PM

For $40 bucks I watched the game on my TV thru Hail State
and Apple TV. Really enjoyable watching in HD.

Drugdog
03-01-2014, 09:15 PM
In think it is funny when people bitch about not getting the game. I was there last night. On the way I was tuned into Hailstate radio. Today I am home and watched both games.

For 40 bucks! Seriously folks that's it.

Drugdog
03-01-2014, 09:17 PM
I've been bitching about this for years, emailed Ellis, Stricklin and radio stations, but they just ignore you. We use to have the largest college baseball radio network in the country, but it's a shell of that today because they want you to buy hailstate.

Not having Fridays game on is a disgrace. NO basketball conflict, but you can Damn well know tsun game was on FREE RADIO. Our empty suit AD won't do anything about it.

Free radio was good but HD TV is better.