PDA

View Full Version : Dak vs. Bo

Dirtbagdawg
02-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Who's the better QB? I've seen some discussion on twitter about it, both fan bases going at it. Bo obviously has better stats, but Dak has played in fewer games. I don't think it's even close and I've never
been impressed with Bo. Thoughts?

Martianlander
02-28-2014, 05:51 PM
I'd pick Dak 100% of the time. Also look at it this way, if you were playing school yard ball who would you pick? Dak-no contest!

I seen it dawg
02-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Really?

Coach34
02-28-2014, 05:58 PM
It's not even close. Captain Bubble Screen is not the QB Dakota is. That will be obvious to everyone by October- hell, it is to most now. It drives the Reb fans crazy on SECRant that everybody picks Prescott over Sunshine

engie
02-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Who's the better QB? I've seen some discussion on twitter about it, both fan bases going at it. Bo obviously has better stats, but Dak has played in fewer games. I don't think it's even close and I've never

Look at yards per play and tds per play. It's not that close...

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Dak's name is being kicked around for the Heisman trophy. Wallace Will be working at Target in October of 2015.

hailmari
02-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Bo runs their offense well, but he wouldn't last long at most other sec schools. Dak can play anywhere but maybe Bama (just because of their style).

Dawg61
02-28-2014, 06:12 PM

Bo Wallace can't throw a football farther than thirty yards. What's next? Who has better teeth, Dan Mullen or Hugh Freeze?

Dirtbagdawg
02-28-2014, 06:35 PM
I just saw a discussion on twitter today and thought I'd bring it up. I think
Every Mississippi fan knows Dak is better, but none will admit it. I really think Brian Johnson
will help take Dak to the next level.

MSU97
02-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Obviously I will say dak is the better qb and it is true as far ability is concerned. As mentioned bo can't throw the ball 30 yds or he would have done a lot more with moncrief. I will say bo is able to run the system he is in to a certain extent but dak is the no brainer in this. Now I would like to see who would win the better teeth competition between Dan and freeze!

Dawg61
02-28-2014, 07:06 PM
I just saw a discussion on twitter today and thought I'd bring it up. I think
Every Mississippi fan knows Dak is better, but none will admit it. I really think Brian Johnson
will help take Dak to the next level.

They say it for the same reason they say LSU is their biggest rival. Don't take the bait.

hells bells
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
They say it for the same reason they say LSU is their biggest rival. Don't take the bait.

Bo has better hair, so he gets the Breck girl hair award. Dak dual threat is much better.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Dak's name is being kicked around for the Heisman trophy. Wallace Will be working at Target in October of 2015.

I don't think Target hires shaggy-haired mulletheads.

Todd4State
02-28-2014, 09:13 PM
The discussion on twitter should be who is better between Dak and Eli. Not Dak and Bo. Bo is the definition of a system QB.

scottycameron
02-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Is it just me???? Seriously. I wonder about this. Nobody else see's it? Am I like a troll whisperer or something, just born with it?

Joe Schmedlap
02-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Dakota every day and twice on Saturday. But, prior to the arm/shoulder injury, Bo was very effective IMO. I still wish he had signed with State. Since we never truly utilized Tyler Russell to his strengths, we would have been better off in 2012 with Bo taking at least half our offensive snaps. That's my opinion anyway.

jimbo352
02-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I think Dak has way more potential, but he has to live up to it next year. I think he will. I'm gun shy when it comes to propping up bulldog QB's, but I think Dak will finally be the one live up to the hype.

I have nothing bad to say about Bo. He has done really well for a Juco QB, and he works well in that offense. To be honest, I think he could have done really well in Mullen's offense.... Does anyone wonder if his arm will ever fully heal? He looked weak as hell at the end of the season, adn we shut him down..

Todd4State
02-28-2014, 10:24 PM
I think Dak has way more potential, but he has to live up to it next year. I think he will. I'm gun shy when it comes to propping up bulldog QB's, but I think Dak will finally be the one live up to the hype.

I have nothing bad to say about Bo. He has done really well for a Juco QB, and he works well in that offense. To be honest, I think he could have done really well in Mullen's offense.... Does anyone wonder if his arm will ever fully heal? He looked weak as hell at the end of the season, adn we shut him down..

If it hasn't healed at this point, it probably won't ever heal.

Political Hack
02-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Bo is a great QB. he just doesn't have that strong of an arm, hasn't really taken over the field and made his own checks like a field general would, can't accurately throw with any semblance of zip on the ball, and whines a good bit. But other than that he's pretty decent. He's won an SEC road game twice. That's something. right?

Coach 57
02-28-2014, 11:21 PM
C34 is right. Now that Moncrief is gone (deep threat) most SEC DBs are going to crowd the LOS & play man/press coverage. It helps nullify the bubble screens. And the bubbles only work when the safety MUST be honest by having a legit deep threat in front of him.

This debate is stupid! Dak has a cannon for an arm, Bo has a water pistol. Bo's mechanics are all jacked up too. Dak is refining his. Guys there is a reason Mullen went and got Brian Johnson and the fact that he's making pretty good money here. We have guys chock full at this position who plan on changing the QB historic culture (or really lack there of) in Starkville. It starts with Dak! You'll see !

Todd4State
02-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Bo is a great QB. he just doesn't have that strong of an arm, hasn't really taken over the field and made his own checks like a field general would, can't accurately throw with any semblance of zip on the ball, and whines a good bit. But other than that he's pretty decent. He's won an SEC road game twice. That's something. right?

He gave us #Wallacing

dogshiek
03-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Bucky told us that Bo plays out of love not hate. I hate those bastards.

hacker
03-01-2014, 10:00 AM
why is this a thread

Dirtbagdawg
03-01-2014, 10:44 AM
why is this a thread

Because it's February and this is a message board and there are little topics to discuss this time
of year considering baseball is the only sport going on at the moment. (Our pathetic basketball team isn't worth discussing).
Smart ass.

justwin
03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Bo has beat Texas & lsu as a junior. That's the measuring stick

Coach34
03-01-2014, 12:43 PM

He got Texas in dissaray the week they fired Manny....but the LSU win was solid

msstate7
03-01-2014, 12:48 PM

Dak beat Bo while playing less than 50 minutes in the game. Measure that...

Coach34
03-01-2014, 12:53 PM

you mean less than 15 minutes...Dakota came in with 10 mins left in the game

justwin
03-01-2014, 12:55 PM
True, but it's Texas. Im looking forward to seeing what dak does as a jr. If Msu can't beat lsu this year, we never will

He got Texas in dissaray the week they fired Manny....but the LSU win was solid

justwin
03-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Dude, it's ole miss...they suck. I don't care about om as Msu will do that 80% of the time under Mullen. I care about beating lsu

ShotgunDawg
03-01-2014, 12:58 PM
From an evaluation standpoint, this isn't close. Ole Miss fans will argue about Bo's stats being better, but that's because bubble screens increase your completion percentage and passin yards dramitcally with little to no talent needed.

Every one of Dak's tools is better than Bo's. Dak is simply a much higher grade athlete. However, I don't want my post to dog Bo, because I think Bo does a good job and actually has very good instincts on the field. However, if we were picking a team, everyone would pick Dak

Move on next question.

justwin
03-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah, but you have to factor in Dak's durability issues. Thus far, he's missed an entire spring and several critical games last year. As much as we give Bo crap about his arm, he hasn't missed a game and gotten beaten up with far less talent than what Dak has around him. His durability has to be taken into consideration.

I think the jury is still out on Dak and we'll be able to truly measure him by what he does this year. Under Saint Mullen, all of his QBs have their best year their junior year. I have VERY high expectations for Dak in 2014 to the tune of 10 wins including a win vs LSU. If he doesn't get to that level based on his supporting cast, Dan's offense built for him yada yada, defense, the absence of a small tenured RB wasting rushes, new stadium, a new QB coach perfect for him, leadership, etc. To me, 8 wins or less is a major disappointment. Actually, this is the first year that I've ever truly believed we should get to 10 regular season wins. A lot of other years, I've dreamed it, but this year is a legitimate shot. Sorry, I expect Dak to beat several of the SEC teams this year. I've seen MSU win bowl games and beat every team they're supposed to including OM, but we're betting the farm on getting to the next level with Dak. All indications he has what it takes between the ears now it's time to do it. If he can't beat LSU, then tough to give him the nod over Bo or Relf or Russell.

As for Dak, he needs to take a page from Bo and really get the ball out of his hands more quickly and to players timely so they can make a play via quicker pitches or pulls on the run option or really selling screens and quick hitters to the RBs out of the backfield or the WRs dragging across the field. There's about 5-6 plays a game where he needs to give to a playmaker vs keep it to protect his durability. He's done it enough so far to show he's capable, but if he evolve to that level, he could be dangerous....Johnny Football dangerous.

From an evaluation standpoint, this isn't close. Ole Miss fans will argue about Bo's stats being better, but that's because bubble screens increase your completion percentage and passin yards dramitcally with little to no talent needed.

Every one of Dak's tools is better than Bo's. Dak is simply a much higher grade athlete. However, I don't want my post to dog Bo, because I think Bo does a good job and actually has very good instincts on the field. However, if we were picking a team, everyone would pick Dak

Move on next question.

SignalToNoise
03-01-2014, 01:31 PM
I was just about to come into this thread and write that no MSU fan would choose Bo over Dak, but as usual, I am never disappointed by the MSU fanbase.

Thanks for being that guy, justwin.

And we have to play LSU in their house this year, so why would losing to them at their stadium this year mean we will never beat them? Qualify that statement with something, please.

msstate7
03-01-2014, 01:43 PM
you mean less than 15 minutes...Dakota came in with 10 mins left in the game

Dak played 10+ mins
Bo played 60+ mins

Difference of 50 mins. Yeah my post was worded weird though

Coach 57
03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Waiting on a reply to Signal's post. It is a VERY relevant post. The issue is this is the consensus of most MSU fans.

justwin
03-01-2014, 01:49 PM
So, you think I would choose Bo over Dak? You missed my point. My point is I have a higher expectation for Dak than any QB Mullen has had @ MSU. You do realize that MSU fans and espn is comparing him to Tebow in some small way? So, if he's going to get Tebow-esque love then he needs to produce just like Bo has against LSU and Texas.

As for LSU, we haven't beat them in 15+ years both at home and away with QBs not as good as Dak. So, just b/c we play them on the road despite MSU having the better defense, better returning OL, better QB, better system for the QB (you do realize Cam Cameron is a NFL qb coach with a dual threat QB this upcoming year), better RBs in terms of experience, LSU losing a ton to the draft...again, etc. But hey, we're playing them on the road so we can already start making excuses now in Feb.

Go ahead and tell me why we're going to lose to LSU this year?

You're welcome for holding Dak to a higher standard.

I was just about to come into this thread and write that no MSU fan would choose Bo over Dak, but as usual, I am never disappointed by the MSU fanbase.

Thanks for being that guy, justwin.

And we have to play LSU in their house this year, so why would losing to them at their stadium this year mean we will never beat them? Qualify that statement with something, please.

justwin
03-01-2014, 01:54 PM
no more excuses for losing to relevant SEC teams anymore. I've heard nothing but "wait until 2014" on this board for over a year due the reasons I mentioned. Now, you're telling me the MSU fans consensus is that we still don't think we can beat LSU despite all of the pieces being in place to do so. Walk the walk...Dak

Waiting on a reply to Signal's post. It is a VERY relevant post. The issue is this is the consensus of most MSU fans.

ShotgunDawg
03-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah, but you have to factor in Dak's durability issues. Thus far, he's missed an entire spring and several critical games last year. As much as we give Bo crap about his arm, he hasn't missed a game and gotten beaten up with far less talent than what Dak has around him. His durability has to be taken into consideration.

I think the jury is still out on Dak and we'll be able to truly measure him by what he does this year. Under Saint Mullen, all of his QBs have their best year their junior year. I have VERY high expectations for Dak in 2014 to the tune of 10 wins including a win vs LSU. If he doesn't get to that level based on his supporting cast, Dan's offense built for him yada yada, defense, the absence of a small tenured RB wasting rushes, new stadium, a new QB coach perfect for him, leadership, etc. To me, 8 wins or less is a major disappointment. Actually, this is the first year that I've ever truly believed we should get to 10 regular season wins. A lot of other years, I've dreamed it, but this year is a legitimate shot. Sorry, I expect Dak to beat several of the SEC teams this year. I've seen MSU win bowl games and beat every team they're supposed to including OM, but we're betting the farm on getting to the next level with Dak. All indications he has what it takes between the ears now it's time to do it. If he can't beat LSU, then tough to give him the nod over Bo or Relf or Russell.

As for Dak, he needs to take a page from Bo and really get the ball out of his hands more quickly and to players timely so they can make a play via quicker pitches or pulls on the run option or really selling screens and quick hitters to the RBs out of the backfield or the WRs dragging across the field. There's about 5-6 plays a game where he needs to give to a playmaker vs keep it to protect his durability. He's done it enough so far to show he's capable, but if he evolve to that level, he could be dangerous....Johnny Football dangerous.

Dak has been hurt one time, one time, and it wasn't even structural. That hardly signifies a trend. You also said that Bo doesn't have the weapons around him that Dak does, WHAA? OM had possibly the best WR core in the country last season. Can Dak please have that?

The main point is that OM would be a better team with Dak than Bo. He is better than Bo. For anyone with any objective sense, this isn't debatable.

smootness
03-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Holding him to a higher standard has nothing to do with who is better. And you still didn't really answer the question.

Anyone who takes Dak in our system over Bo Wallace in any system is crazy, IMO.

But his point on LSU was that it doesn't make sense to use a year in which we play them on the road as a 'must win' year. Beating someone on the road is tougher than beating them at home; it always is. Using the stat that we haven't beaten them anywhere in 15 years isn't relevant; that doesn't mean it's just as easy to beat them on the road as it is at home. If anything, it proves that it will be incredibly difficult anywhere, but especially on the road.

Teams who end long losing streaks against someone usually don't do it on the road. That said, I definitely think we can beat them this year.

justwin
03-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Yeah, but he missed several games despite one injury. MSU has better RBs than OM. Our top two WRs in Lewis and Wilson had very comparable stats to Moncrief/Treadwell on about 40 less receptions right? So...how is OM's WRs so much better...it's the recruiting star thing right?

And yes, I'd take Dak any and everytime over Bo whether we're playing football or checkers or hopscotch. The main point of the conversation is obvious since every MSU would take Dak.

My point is Dak is being the anointed by this entire board and even Nat'l media as a legit QB. With the 2014 schedule, it's time an MSU qb lives up to the hype.

Dak has been hurt one time, one time, and it wasn't even structural. That hardly signifies a trend. You also said that Bo doesn't have the weapons around him that Dak does, WHAA? OM had possibly the best WR core in the country last season. Can Dak please have that?

The main point is that OM would be a better team with Dak than Bo. He is better than Bo. For anyone with any objective sense, this isn't debatable.

justwin
03-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Again, I'd take Dak. It's obvious. What MSU fan wouldn't? I think Dak can and should win 10 this year. Bo's max is 8 playing regardless of whether he plays for OM or MSU. Holding him to a higher standard has everything to do with who is better...it's implied. Tebow winning multiple NCs made him better right?

Agree. I'd take Dak in their system as well.

My point is that MSU is a better team b/c of the other reasons mentioned VS LSU this year. His point & yours is regardless of MSU having a better team, we can't win on the road there.

Yes, it's LSU or bust in 2014. Otherwise, MSU won't pierce the 8 win bubble.

Holding him to a higher standard has nothing to do with who is better. And you still didn't really answer the question.

Anyone who takes Dak in our system over Bo Wallace in any system is crazy, IMO.

But his point on LSU was that it doesn't make sense to use a year in which we play them on the road as a 'must win' year. Beating someone on the road is tougher than beating them at home; it always is. Using the stat that we haven't beaten them anywhere in 15 years isn't relevant; that doesn't mean it's just as easy to beat them on the road as it is at home. If anything, it proves that it will be incredibly difficult anywhere, but especially on the road.

Teams who end long losing streaks against someone usually don't do it on the road. That said, I definitely think we can beat them this year.

smootness
03-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Did I say we can't win on the road at LSU? No, in fact I actually explicitly stated that we can.

Your point was that if we don't beat them this year, we never will...considering the game is on the road, that is an absurd statement.

I agree with you that Dak hasn't really proven himself over the course of a full year yet, but I also think saying that he should win 10 games is a bit much.

justwin
03-01-2014, 02:24 PM
True, you did say that.

It's not absurd if we have the best team in 15 years against one of their worst. They will reload and it will get harder. We lost most of our OL, DL, and #50 after 2014.

Well, let's look at the schedule shall we?

USM -win
UAB - win
USA - win
LSU - should win
TXAM - win
Aub - could win
UK - win
Ark - win
UTM - win
Bama - loss
Vandy - win
OM - win

what am I missing?

Did I say we can't win on the road at LSU? No, in fact I actually explicitly stated that we can.

Your point was that if we don't beat them this year, we never will...considering the game is on the road, that is an absurd statement.

I agree with you that Dak hasn't really proven himself over the course of a full year yet, but I also think saying that he should win 10 games is a bit much.

smootness
03-01-2014, 02:29 PM
You're missing the fact that we can't just pencil in wins against a team like Texas A&M. And while we'll be better than Ole Miss, it's in Oxford; so I think we have a very good chance to win it, but it's the Egg Bowl, you can't just say 'win'. And saying we should beat LSU, on the road, when we haven't beaten them in 15 years anywhere, is a bit crazy.

We're going to be good next year, and our schedule is more favorable than usual. But we've won 10 games once in the last...what...70 years?

I'm just not ever going to enter a season saying we should win 10, especially not until we do it every once in a while. These other teams will reload, like they usually do. We don't really know what LSU will be.

justwin
03-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I get it. Like I said earlier, I've dreamed of it in years past due to your same reasons. the only difference is this year is I'm saying we should due to the fact we're better across the board. TXAM is losing Johnny, Evans, and a LT and in Vegas. We're going to win the Egg bowl b/c we have bigger RBs that will wear down their DL.

comparing any previous MSU team in the last 70 years is a disservice to the 2014 squad. No comparison whatsoever. All the pieces are in place in 2014 individually and collectively coupled with the schedule.

been where you are too many times in the past.

You're missing the fact that we can't just pencil in wins against a team like Texas A&M. And while we'll be better than Ole Miss, it's in Oxford; so I think we have a very good chance to win it, but it's the Egg Bowl, you can't just say 'win'. And saying we should beat LSU, on the road, when we haven't beaten them in 15 years anywhere, is a bit crazy.

We're going to be good next year, and our schedule is more favorable than usual. But we've won 10 games once in the last...what...70 years?

I'm just not ever going to enter a season saying we should win 10, especially not until we do it every once in a while. These other teams will reload, like they usually do. We don't really know what LSU will be.

Coach34
03-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Holy shit

Moncrief is about to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick...and Treadwell will be at least that. We will be lucky to have a WR drafted period. Their talent level at WR is twice what we have

smootness
03-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Holy shit

Moncrief is about to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick...and Treadwell will be at least that. We will be lucky to have a WR drafted period. Their talent level at WR is twice what we have

Kiper is now saying late 1st to early 2nd. His workouts have been insane.

Coach34
03-01-2014, 06:13 PM
no more excuses for losing to relevant SEC teams anymore. I've heard nothing but "wait until 2014" on this board for over a year due the reasons I mentioned. Now, you're telling me the MSU fans consensus is that we still don't think we can beat LSU despite all of the pieces being in place to do so. Walk the walk...Dak

I certainly agree that we need to beat a Texas A&M and/or Auburn at home. If we lose both of them 2014 will be a disappointment

Dawg61
03-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Moncrief & Treadwell don't get invited to the Jarvis Landry & Odell Beckham dos grande fantastico wide receiver fiesta.