PDA

View Full Version : Is Woodruff gonna be the guy tonight?

thedawg
02-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Im pulling for him.. Last week was average which is better than terrible... He really need him to be great and be the mfin man... So is he gonna do it?

messageboardsuperhero
02-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Yep, and I'm interested to see if Michigan State will save Justin Alleman (their ace who was drafted in the 18th round a couple of years ago) for us, or if they'll pitch him in game 1 today. Michigan State said he would go in game 1, but we'll wait and see if that actually comes to fruition...

msstate7
02-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Yep, and I'm interested to see if Michigan State will save Justin Alleman (their ace who was drafted in the 18th round a couple of years ago) for us, or if they'll pitch him in game 1 today. Michigan State said he would go in game 1, but we'll wait and see if that actually comes to fruition...

I hope they save him for us. We need to face quality pitchers to get ready for sec play

TheRef
02-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Sparty's bats are good this year. Everyone is interested to see how our pitching does against them. I think we may have some fun against this Michigan State team if we can play some stout defense.

engie
02-28-2014, 11:10 AM
I think Woody is still another start away from being "back". He'll be closer this week than he was last week -- but in start 2 he was grabbing too much plate with his fastball and he still doesn't quite have his command back on his offspeed stuff. He had one of the sharpest 1-7 breakers I've seen his freshman year. Still trying to work the kinks out of that one as well.

It's a confidence and relaxation issue with him. Once he really settles in, all that will come to him, and he will dominate...

thedawg
02-28-2014, 11:23 AM
I would be ok with a similar night as to what he had last week albeit against better competition tonight... We just cant go backwards and not get out of the second tonight

Lefthandersrule
02-28-2014, 11:27 AM
I hope he keeps builing on each outing! A quality start this week will be great. I hope our bats stay hot!

bully99
02-28-2014, 12:47 PM
MSU Green is scheduled to pitch their ace...Alleman today against Eastern Illinois. E. Illinois record isnt very good, but they've played Arkansas, Louisville, and La. Lafayette, so I'm not sure how good or bad they are.

thedawg
03-01-2014, 10:54 AM
He didn't do it.... It wasn't catastrophic.. He has some value on our staff but it's not as our ace