PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Houston Classic- baseball

MsStateBaseball
02-27-2014, 10:30 PM
We will play Houston, Baylor and Nebraska. LSU and TAMU also in it. Played at Atros Field.

TheRef
02-27-2014, 10:38 PM
We will play Houston, Baylor and Nebraska. LSU and TAMU also in it. Played at Atros Field.

I approve this message.

bully99
02-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Saw that earlier today. Looks like Cohen is getting out of his comfort zone, playing some games away from Dudy. But I think the ncaa is awarding more credit to road games now.

MsStateBaseball
02-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Correct. RPI is awarded for wins on road more than home wins.

messageboardsuperhero
02-27-2014, 10:51 PM
We're stepping up our OOC scheduling, no doubt. I think we're also playing in a tournament in New Orleans with USM and a few other teams next year. Then of course we have Arizona making the return trip to Starkville.

Then we'll be playing in the Dodgertown Classic (w/ UCLA, USC, and other premier programs) in 2016, and we also have a home-and-home series set up with Oregon for the 2016-2017 seasons.

ETA: And I LOVE playing those games on the west coast- that's potentially some big time recruiting exposure.

Todd4State
02-27-2014, 11:06 PM
The tournament in Houston is the most prestigious college baseball early season tournament out there. That's for baseball programs that are considered elite, and I think MLB Network covers some of the games. It would be awesome to have a big showing there.

The Dodgertown Classic is also one of the most prestigious as well, and as MSBSuperhero said, we are invited to that one as well.

The one that we are playing in New Orleans is new, I think.

Todd4State
02-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Saw that earlier today. Looks like Cohen is getting out of his comfort zone, playing some games away from Dudy. But I think the ncaa is awarding more credit to road games now.

We had to build ourselves back up to get to where we could handle a more difficult schedule. You don't win 21 games and then go out and try to take on Florida State home and home.

But with two of those tournaments, it's because we have built up our national profile.

bully99
02-27-2014, 11:11 PM
Florida Gulf Coast beat Florida 2 1 tonIght.

messageboardsuperhero
02-27-2014, 11:13 PM
The tournament in Houston is the most prestigious college baseball early season tournament out there. That's for baseball programs that are considered elite, and I think MLB Network covers some of the games. It would be awesome to have a big showing there.

The Dodgertown Classic is also one of the most prestigious as well, and as MSBSuperhero said, we are invited to that one as well.

The one that we are playing in New Orleans is new, I think.

I just had a thought- how cool would it be for Dakota Hudson to have his big, national coming out party on MLB Network at the Minute Made Classic?

Todd4State
02-27-2014, 11:17 PM
I just had a thought- how cool would it be for Dakota Hudson to have his big, national coming out party on MLB Network at the Minute Made Classic?

And how cool would it be in front of 10,000 MSU fans? We should make it a goal to outnumber the LSU people and have MLB Network talk about it.

Even in Houston, we should outdraw Baylor and Houston- much less Nebraska.

missouridawg
02-27-2014, 11:18 PM

As a Houston resident and Rice masters graduate, I'm a little disappointed we didn't pull the Owls. Love that we are playing in this event though.

bully99
02-27-2014, 11:37 PM
This years tournament is this weekend. MLB network doesn't list any games. , but looks like csn Houston and the longhorn network will cover some games. All six teams this year are from Texas.

bully99
02-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Next year will be the first time Rice has not played in the tournament, started in 2001 . They said Rice had some kind of conflict.

RBritt
02-28-2014, 09:10 AM
I may make this trip next year missouridawg. I'm sure Chris and Ben will be there.

Drugdog
02-28-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm in for Houston and New Orleans.

bannedwayne
02-28-2014, 09:39 AM

DUNK CITY