PDA

View Full Version : J'Mar Smith

It_Could_Happen
02-27-2014, 04:50 PM
There was a SDS article on twitter about his visit with us posted on twitter today. Sounds like the kid is pretty good. You guys think we get him?

TexasDawg
02-27-2014, 04:59 PM
He's definitely ours to lose

Squidawg11
02-27-2014, 05:00 PM
There was a SDS article on twitter about his visit with us posted on twitter today. Sounds like the kid is pretty good. You guys think we get him?

If Bama doesn't offer, he is ours. If they do, then I do not like our chances.

engie
02-27-2014, 05:13 PM
It's a really good chance that he's the QB in this class. And he's a pretty good one at that...

hells bells
02-27-2014, 10:10 PM
It's a really good chance that he's the QB in this class. And he's a pretty good one at that...

Have watched J'Mar for two years. Do not doubt how good he is, run and touch pass talent along with good on field decisions. His Dad will have a lot to do with his decision. If Bama offers I think he would go unless Dad thinks different. Mullen and staff should pursue until the end.

Goat Holder
02-27-2014, 10:29 PM
We ought to be able to beat Alabama for this guy. He's from Meridian, right? Especially if Prescott is successful this year.

Dawg61
02-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Have watched J'Mar for two years. Do not doubt how good he is, run and touch pass talent along with good on field decisions. His Dad will have a lot to do with his decision. If Bama offers I think he would go unless Dad thinks different. Mullen and staff should pursue until the end.

Isn't he a dual-threat QB? Why would any DT QB pick Bama? I mean I get that they are Bama but still. I like our chances vs anyone with Mullen's QB history and what we show on the field at the QB position currently.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-27-2014, 10:50 PM
His dad is Kenny Smith who played at Bama. He grew up on Bama that's why a Bama offer would be hard to beat.

Todd4State
02-27-2014, 11:11 PM
Lane Kiffen becoming the OC at Bama should help us a little bit in this case. When they hired him- they started to recruit J'Mar as an athlete whereas Nussmeir recruited him as a QB.

It basically comes down to this: Does he want to play QB for us or TE/LB for Alabama?

Dawg61
02-27-2014, 11:13 PM
His dad is Kenny Smith who played at Bama. He grew up on Bama that's why a Bama offer would be hard to beat.

https://warosu.org/data/lit/img/0040/93/1378515714709.jpg

engie
02-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Yeah -- he won't be playing QB for Alabama. I don't know that he even gets an offer as an athlete from them really...

Todd4State
02-28-2014, 12:18 AM
He may or may not get an offer from them- I think it's going to depend on what their class looks like and if they have a spot or not for him. I'm sure they will let him grayshirt at worst. Typically Alabama does not let legacies get away from them if they can help it.

Political Hack
02-28-2014, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't anticipate a Bama offer for him.

MzTerry
02-28-2014, 04:54 AM
He may or may not get an offer from them- I think it's going to depend on what their class looks like and if they have a spot or not for him. I'm sure they will let him grayshirt at worst. Typically Alabama does not let legacies get away from them if they can help it.

Nice, going out on a limb there.

1bigdawg
02-28-2014, 09:44 AM
I don't believe Bama offers him as a QB as he does not fit their system.

I also don't know if he is a talent we wait a long time for. If we get another commit at QB, then that slot will be gone.

Dirtbagdawg
02-28-2014, 11:19 AM

Kid plays like Russell Wilson. Same build. Can run, solid arm
Only a matter of time in my opinion.

engie
02-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Bama is Bama too -- they rarely, if ever, offer a kid at a position that he isn't currently playing in hopes of him making a transition. Auburn is for the most part the same way. That's how Dez Harris slipped through the cracks in 2013 -- and he'll be a household name for us momentarily...

HancockCountyDog
02-28-2014, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't anticipate a Bama offer for him.

Yeah he is a damn good QB, but he doesn't fit anything Bama does. If we push hard for him, I think we get him. I think we are going to be extremely selective with our QB signee this year.

HancockCountyDog
02-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Bama is Bama too -- they rarely, if ever, offer a kid at a position that he isn't currently playing in hopes of him making a transition. Auburn is for the most part the same way. That's how Dez Harris slipped through the cracks in 2013 -- and he'll be a household name for us momentarily...

How is he looking? Is he 100%? I heard great things about him before his senior year, then he had an injury.

engie
02-28-2014, 11:48 AM
How is he looking? Is he 100%? I heard great things about him before his senior year, then he had an injury.

McKinney level physical freak at linebacker. Really close to being the fastest player on the team at 6'4 235...

defiantdog
02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
I hope we push hard for him. I know a lot of you want Gardner Minshew more than J'Mar, but J'Mar fits our system better. I would like having Minshew on our team as well, but he'd most likely fall into the same rut Tyler Russell did. He'd be a hell of a player that does a lot for the team, but isn't the best for our offense.

Smith has the potential to run like Dak (more downhill than elusive), and throw like Russell. But I guarantee if he becomes a 4* in the Fall, the rest of the fans will forget about Minshew. And I don't see Bama utilizing him. The only reason they offer him a scholy is to scrimmage with the second team.... like this guy - http://247sports.com/Player/Blake-Sims-10770?Institution=24096