PDA

View Full Version : Brackey Brett Defends DeVinner to CL

BeastMan
02-27-2014, 11:45 AM
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2014/02/26/junior-day-weekend-an-awkward-one-as-byron-devinner-returns-to-campus-on-sunday/

?I think the perception is that Byron is guilty, that?s not the case,? Brett said. ?Byron is a person we interviewed, but was not involved in any violation. We found no wrong doing on his part.?

Thoughts?

TexasDawg
02-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Fire Bracky

starkvegasdawg
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Devinner would have to be the only person Bracky could interview and not find any wrongdoing. I'm sure he could interview my 6 year old daughter and find an NCAA violation somewhere to punish Will Redmond for.

dickiedawg
The man, who is one of the reasons Mississippi State is on probation, was in Starkville last weekend. Byron De?Vinner posted pictures from his Twitter account regarding the visit to campus.
This is a truly atrocious lede. It looks like it may have been edited- who woud construct a sentence like that? Yuck.

smootness
Well, technically he's right. De'Vinner isn't the one who actually committed a violation...he just blasted the fact that a violation committed everywhere and threw us under the bus.

hells bells
02-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Fire Bracky

18 game suspension for that ridiculous statement. Repay his salary.

FISHDAWG
02-27-2014, 12:06 PM
so does anyone here want to see us offer his nephew ? .... with the crap he pulled, I personally would hate to see this happen.

PassInterference
02-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Well, technically he's right. De'Vinner isn't the one who actually committed a violation...he just blasted the fact that a violation committed everywhere and threw us under the bus.

That's if you believe De'Vinner's side of the story which Bracky certainly does.

The Croom Diaries
02-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Bracky looks at everything through the prism of right and wrong and not 'what's best for Mississippi State'. In his view D'Vinner is a fine fellow because he assisted the compliance problem in finding a violation so punishment could be handed out and MSU could disassociate with ___ and ___. We all see it as D'Vinner crossed us and we shouldn't be doing favors for anyone who crosses us. That is the fundamental flaw of our compliance department, and to some extent our athletic department as well.

Bracky: Welcome to our campus people who publicly try to bring us down!

/closes door

Now what can we do to take down our own fans?

Niblett: I have an idea!

Goat Holder
02-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Bracky looks at everything through the prism of right and wrong and not 'what's best for Mississippi State'.

Do you realized what you just typed?

I would think you'd want both.

smootness
02-27-2014, 12:13 PM
That's if you believe De'Vinner's side of the story which Bracky certainly does.

Has anyone accused De'Vinner of any actual violations? Everyone just hates him because he's the one who publicized it, which is fine.

level set
02-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Since we have come to the point of gross commercialization of our athletics department, we may as well go all in and run it like any other business.

Name one business that would keep an employee that allows this kind of behavior?

Goat Holder
02-27-2014, 12:15 PM
I agree. At the end of the day, MSU did commit violations. Devinner just ran his mouth.

DLGDawg
02-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Pimp on the street says....I'm just helping these girls

chef dixon
02-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Seems like this guy has a lot of power over a chunk of recruits that we would like to get so its kind of a tough situation. I honestly don't give a damn if he showed up on campus, as I'm pretty sure our staff is smart enough now to know what they are dealing with. I'm just ready for the season to get here already.

Johnson85
02-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Bracky looks at everything through the prism of right and wrong and not 'what's best for Mississippi State'.

Bracky does not look at it through the prism of right and wrong. He wouldn't be able to cooperate with the NCAA if he was just worried about right and wrong. I don't know anything about how Bracky operates, but from people's descriptions, it looks like he is just a rule follower. Doesn't matter how other people treat the rules, whether they're enforced consistently, or whether they're immoral, he just follows the rules without much thought.

And i'm not even sure he looks at it that way, because a rule follower would look at D'Vinner as somebody that is out to make money off of high school athletes, and when he stuck his hands out and didn't get the money he wanted, he ratted a kid out and cost him a year and a half of his college career. I could understand a lot of things, you want to try to extort college football programs, hell it's a dirty business and whatever let's you sleep at night. But 17 a guy that would throw a high school kid under the bus like that. I'm not as worried about what will happen to MSU, but he's out there hurting vulnerable kids, and MSU shouldn't take part in it just because he has access to good recruits. If D'Vinner looses access to colleges, there will be another conman willing to 'help' those kids out that will not throw them under the bus b/c he has a hissy fit.

Political Hack
02-27-2014, 12:38 PM
blackmail and extortion are criminal offenses, not an NCAA violation.

The NCAA has no standing to issue a "violation" to anyone other than a school. It's technically impossible for him to commit a violation. That's a stupid statement.

He asked for money. Took money. asked for more. got denied. and then told a little bit of truth and a whole lot of lies.

The Croom Diaries
02-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Bracky does not look at it through the prism of right and wrong. He wouldn't be able to cooperate with the NCAA if he was just worried about right and wrong. I don't know anything about how Bracky operates, but from people's descriptions, it looks like he is just a rule follower. Doesn't matter how other people treat the rules, whether they're enforced consistently, or whether they're immoral, he just follows the rules without much thought.

That's what I meant. Right and wrong according to the rule book.

Coach34
02-27-2014, 01:06 PM
"I think the perception is that Charles Manson is guilty, that's not the case, Brett said. Charles Manson is a person we interviewed, but did not commit any murder. We found no wrong doing on his part."- Bracky Brett

Original48
02-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Who is ole miss' head compliance guy? I just want to compare his tweets with Bracky's to see if they are even CLOSE to being as sophomoric and cartoon-like.

Todd4State
02-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Here's the thing:

Bracky's perception is about how our fans view DeVinner is wrong. I don't know anyone that thinks that he committed the violations. The problem is he lied and took money in an attempt to hurt MSU for his own gain. To me, that is worse than him committing a violation on our behalf. THAT is why so many of our fans hate DeVinner.

The other problem here is our compliance staff chose to believe a known liar- and a guy that can't keep his story straight and is obviously out for himself. That doesn't make any sense to me. MSU is just going to all of a sudden assume that he is now telling the truth about this to Bracky? If Bracky had any balls he would have called DeVinner out during the process and we probably would have gotten most if not all of the charges dropped. Bracky is supposed to be out for "right and wrong" correct? And he's going to believe a liar?

Now, whether people believe it or not, if we can disassociate boosters, you better believe we can not allow DeVinner into our locker room. Tennessee has already done so- and again, we're believing a guy that Tennessee BANNED- and if the other schools in the SEC band together, or even most of them, we can shut this guy down.

As it is, Bracky has opened a can of worms where any slimeball that wants to make a buck can turn us in, lie, and then he is going to believe them.

Johnson85
02-27-2014, 02:03 PM
That's what I meant. Right and wrong according to the rule book.

Bracky is either (a) a dick that thinks D'Vinner is a-ok or (b) terrible at PR.

How hard would it have been to say "we have many high school athletes on official and unofficial visits and we don't have a policy of trying to dictate who potential recruits can bring with them on these visits. While we are aware of the fact that D'Vinner has been banned by UT from their campus, he is not restricted by the NCAA from interacting with recruits and we will not attempt to limit his interactions with recruits other than to appropriately protect MSU's interests."

If he is scared to touch the D'Vinner issue, just quit after the first sentence. But imply that the scumbag was somehow innocent by focusing on rules he is not subject and ignoring the fact that he's basically a street agent.

PassInterference
02-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Bracky is either (a) a dick that thinks D'Vinner is a-ok or (b) terrible at PR.

c) a former high school teacher that is out of his league in big time D-1 NCAA football compliance

War Machine Dawg
02-27-2014, 02:07 PM
My signature should say it all.

BeastMan
02-27-2014, 02:12 PM
As it is, Bracky has opened a can of worms where any slimeball that wants to make a buck can turn us in, lie, and then he is going to believe them.

Nailed it Todd

War Machine Dawg
02-27-2014, 02:13 PM
c) a former high school teacher that is out of his league in big time D-1 NCAA football compliance

Bingo. Once aGAIN, literally every other SEC school has either 1) a lawyer or 2) a former NCAA Compliance Office official running their compliance department. We have a ****ing HS PE Teacher. Let that marinate.

PMDawg
02-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Has anyone accused De'Vinner of any actual violations? Everyone just hates him because he's the one who publicized it, which is fine.

Umm plus he lied like a ****ing rug and made up a dozen violations that we DIDNT commit all in the name of covering his own ass and paying us back for somehow disrespecting his retarded fat ass.

bannedwayne
02-27-2014, 04:09 PM
blackmail and extortion are criminal offenses, not an NCAA violation.

The NCAA has no standing to issue a "violation" to anyone other than a school. It's technically impossible for him to commit a violation. That's a stupid statement.

He asked for money. Took money. asked for more. got denied. and then told a little bit of truth and a whole lot of lies.

Not to be a dick, but why have no criminal charges been filed?

engie
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Not to be a dick, but why have no criminal charges been filed?

Rumor is that they have... Hence why you see NO MENTION of the "De'Vinner Foundation" anymore on anything attached to him personally...

Good chance he ends up in a Tennessee jail for tax evasion in the case of his "nonprofit" foundation that was heavily donated to by the Tuohy's among others -- while never actually filing nonprofit paperwork.

bannedwayne
02-27-2014, 04:16 PM
Rumor is that they have... Hence why you see NO MENTION of the "De'Vinner Foundation" anymore on anything attached to him personally...

Good chance he ends up in a Tennessee jail for tax evasion in the case of his "nonprofit" foundation that was heavily donated to by the Tuohy's among others -- while never actually filing nonprofit paperwork.

That's news to me, thanks for the update.

Dawgface
02-27-2014, 05:29 PM
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2014/02/26/junior-day-weekend-an-awkward-one-as-byron-devinner-returns-to-campus-on-sunday/

Thoughts?

Bracky is an idiot for letting this clown back on campus. We have some serious problems in our administration if they endorse Bracky's view on the matter.

Dawg61
02-27-2014, 06:21 PM
I'd rather have Ole Miss run our compliance department than Bracky.

Political Hack
02-27-2014, 07:23 PM
not from me. no need to drag an innocent young man through more BS when you could simply swallow your pride and let him move on with his life. When said young man graduates, assuming the statute of limitations hasn't run out, options will be reviewed at that point.