PDA

View Full Version : Ray better beat South Carolina, or it will get bad.....

Goat Holder
02-27-2014, 11:04 AM
First year 10-22, 4-14 with a win over a tournament team in Ole Miss to give some hope, one victory in the SECT.

Second year 14-17, 4-14 (add a win and/or loss for SECT) with no big wins but some hustle.

That's about bottom line to have ANY fan support for next year. Our record APPEARS to be better, and may fool some fans, but we all know our schedule was about 3-4 wins easier this year than last. My evidence? North Carolina, Marquette, Texas, Providence vs. TCU, FGCU, Utah State and UNLV.

So I'd say we didn't make much improvement, but we've stabilized, and I can live with that. We all agree that Ray gets next year to be competitive and contend for the NIT (making it would cement him for another 2 years or so).

But.....if we lose.....at home.....to South Carolina. That will be bad. The staunchest supporters will question whether or not he really is the Roundball version of Croominator.

Jacksondevildog
02-27-2014, 11:11 AM
I've heard that the SEC will NOT let us turn in a non-conference schedule next year like we did for this year.

Coach34
02-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Not to anybody that has any sense. 1 basketball game in this season isn't going to sway people one way or the other. There are two groups now:

1. Stands Lovers that won't support him no matter what/Unrealistic Ray haters because he hasn't rebuilt the team with 1 recruiting class

2. Those that are willing to wait to see what he can do with a full team in Year 3

Goat Holder
02-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I take it you've never been in politics? Need to appeal to both factions in order to succeed. Group 2 will support him next year, and I fall into that group. He could make life a lot easier on himself if he'd do something he SHOULD do - that being, win a game against a shitty team at home - to help appease some of the guys in Group 1. Even the Stans haters know reality, they are just loudly frustrated with the situation, which is understandable. But lose this game.....well, they'll have a point.

Hate to break this to you, but if he aims to only please Group 2, he'll be looking for a job a year from now.

gtowndawg
02-27-2014, 11:32 AM
the "I don't care who the coach is, just win baby and everything will be cool" category.

civildawg
02-27-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm on group 2 but it doesnt look like things will improve much next year

dawgs
02-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Not to anybody that has any sense. 1 basketball game in this season isn't going to sway people one way or the other. There are two groups now:

1. Stands Lovers that won't support him no matter what/Unrealistic Ray haters because he hasn't rebuilt the team with 1 recruiting class

2. Those that are willing to wait to see what he can do with a full team in Year 3

i'm in neither group. stans had to go. i'm supporting ray, but i just don't see signs on the court or in recruiting that give me hope for improvement.

DownwardDawg
02-27-2014, 02:13 PM
the "I don't care who the coach is, just win baby and everything will be cool" category.

I'm in the 4th category: We still have a basketball team??!!?! WTF!?

ghostofjackie
02-27-2014, 02:14 PM
To me, I don't even think we should be having this argument until this time next year. If we get through the midpoint next year and the team is not showing improvement throughout the year, then Ray better have his resume' together. It seemed like we were showing improvement every game until the game at Ole Miss. It all started falling apart.

Dawg61
02-27-2014, 06:05 PM
If this ain't bad already I don't ever ever want to see bad. This is bad enough.

Homedawg
02-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Speaking of South Carolina, should frank Martin be fired too? It's apparent he's an idiot and can't coach just like RAy*****

Dawg61
02-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Speaking of South Carolina, should frank Martin be fired too? It's apparent he's an idiot and can't coach just like RAy*****

Yes

Dawgface
02-27-2014, 06:32 PM
To me, I don't even think we should be having this argument until this time next year. If we get through the midpoint next year and the team is not showing improvement throughout the year, then Ray better have his resume' together. .

Agree.