PDA

View Full Version : Porter is in the lineup today.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Hallelujah

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:07 PM
But so is Robson. Porter at DH, Robson in LF. Here's the lineup...

Frazier SS
Detz 3B
Renfroe RF
Pirtle 2B
Rea 1B
Bradford CF
Porter DH
Ammirati C
Robson LF

Pollo on the hill

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:09 PM
But so is Robson. Porter at DH, Robson in LF. Here's the lineup...

Frazier SS
Detz 3B
Renfroe RF
Pirtle 2B
Rea 1B
Bradford CF
Porter DH
Ammirati C
Robson LF

Pollo on the hill

Big day for pirtle. State 6-3

Will James
05-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Robson's due. I think he'll get on a couple times.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:23 PM

One thing about it, if he can get on a few times...he will score with that speed ahead of Frazier, Detz, and Renfroe. I hope you're right.

What's your prediction for the weekend?

HereComesTheSpiral
05-04-2013, 12:28 PM
If we take both today, I see a sweep. I don't like the double headers.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:31 PM

I would love for robson to get it going.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:31 PM
If we take both today, I see a sweep. I don't like the double headers.

Going out on a limb there, man!*

Just kidding.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:32 PM
One thing about it, if he can get on a few times...he will score with that speed ahead of Frazier, Detz, and Renfroe. I hope you're right.

What's your prediction for the weekend?
2 outta 3

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:35 PM
2 outta 3

The only thing that worries me is that they have a ton of RH hitters. Pollo should be ok, but I wish he wasn't matched up against Turnbull when they have a RH dominant lineup. We are probably going to need to score 5 or 6 to win game 1. We need our bats to get hot early and put some pressure on him.

I was thinking we would win 2 of 3, but now I'm feeling a sweep. Game 1 is the biggie. I think Graveman throws a complete game in game 2.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:38 PM
The only thing that worries me is that they have a ton of RH hitters. Pollo should be ok, but I wish he wasn't matched up against Turnbull when they have a RH dominant lineup. We are probably going to need to score 5 or 6 to win game 1. We need our bats to get hot early and put some pressure on him.

I was thinking we would win 2 of 3, but now I'm feeling a sweep. Game 1 is the biggie. I think Graveman throws a complete game in game 2.

All those righties could mean we'll see bracewell first outta bullpen

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:47 PM
All those righties could mean we'll see bracewell first outta bullpen

Butch said on his radio interview that Bracewell would play a major role this weekend against this RH dominant lineup. I look to see Fitts out of the bullpen early too if Pollo or Lindgren get in any early trouble. I wish we could get up big in a few games and get guys like Shelly, Cox, and Gentry in. I really thought Shelly would see a little playing time in SEC play, but for whatever reason he hasn't. I think he will end up being a really good one for us. I could see him making a huge jump next year.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Butch said on his radio interview that Bracewell would play a major role this weekend against this RH dominant lineup. I look to see Fitts out of the bullpen early too if Pollo or Lindgren get in any early trouble. I wish we could get up big in a few games and get guys like Shelly, Cox, and Gentry in. I really thought Shelly would see a little playing time in SEC play, but for whatever reason he hasn't. I think he will end up being a really good one for us. I could see him making a huge jump next year.

I like fitts a lot

Will James
05-04-2013, 12:57 PM
2 of 3 but a sweep ain't a crazy prediction.

Gotta score.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Hallelujah
Your boy came up big

War Machine Dawg
05-04-2013, 01:30 PM
It'd be nice to see both Bracewell and Fitts get some solid work this weekend. I also like giving Robson a shot in LF. He can't be worse than Henderstrong. Been wondering for a few weeks why we haven't tried this.

I say 2 of 3. Sweep if we take the DH today.

Will James
05-04-2013, 01:32 PM

:)

His BABIP is low as hell AND he has speed. Robsons bad luck has changed.

Quaoarsking
05-04-2013, 01:40 PM

You are pretty good with stats. You know there's no such thing as "due."

msstate7
05-04-2013, 01:42 PM

Maybe not, but he called it. No denying that

HereComesTheSpiral
05-04-2013, 01:45 PM
If we really open it up, I think it would be a great opportunity to throw fitts, Shelley, gentry, Cox. Gonna need them come tournament time and regionals.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 01:46 PM
If we really open it up, I think it would be a great opportunity to throw fitts, Shelley, gentry, Cox. Gonna need them come tournament time and regionals.
I agree 100%

Will James
05-04-2013, 01:48 PM

Technically a low outlier BABIP on someone with Robsons speed is an indicator of "due"

Thats what I was going on.