PDA

View Full Version : Vandy up 4-0, Top 3rd on SC

Coach34
05-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I think they are about to hurt SC's feelings this weekend

msstate7
05-04-2013, 11:40 AM
I think they are about to hurt SC's feelings this weekend

Yep. USC lucky it isn't worse. Vandy had bases loaded with 1 out and hit into dp in the 1st

msstate7
05-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Does anyone have worse uniforms than vandy? Those things are horrible

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Vandy is basically unbeatable. A shame them and lsu dont have to play this year

Todd4State
05-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Vandy is basically unbeatable. A shame them and lsu dont have to play this year

SEC Tournament showdown? I think Vandy is better having seen the two.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:04 PM
But I thought we sucked for losing to Vandy in close games at their place last weekend? That's what some of our "fans" told me anyway.

We're seeing exactly what I expected, and this is why I wasn't worried when we lost to them last weekend. They are damn good. If we take care of business this weekend, we should be comfortably back as a host come Monday.

Would be really nice if Auburn and Kentucky would wake the **** up though.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:07 PM
But I thought we sucked for losing to Vandy in close games at their place last weekend? That's what some of our "fans" told me anyway.

We're seeing exactly what I expected, and this is why I wasn't worried when we lost to them last weekend. They are damn good. If we take care of business this weekend, we should be comfortably back as a host come Monday.

Would be really nice if Auburn and Kentucky would wake the **** up though.

I didnt think we sucked, but we did suck situational hitting Friday and sat. Vandy is clearly a better team than us, but I'm still upset we didnt get 1 win. We had chances...

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I didnt think we sucked, but we did suck situational hitting Friday and sat. Vandy is clearly a better team than us, but I'm still upset we didnt get 1 win. We had chances...

When we get a double play ball when the opponent has bases loaded and 1 out, do you credit Graveman or Ross for getting the ground ball and our D for turning it? Or do you say, "damn, they are terrible at situational hitting"? Sometimes the other teams pitchers and defense are why we can't get a key hit. It's not always that we just suck in key situations.

Last week was a combination of both in my opinion. But you have to give some credit to them for getting us out when we had RISP, not just blast our team for not getting a clutch hit. Apparently USC is terrible at situational hitting AND every other kind of hitting by your logic....bc they have been locked down through 2 games by the same staff we faced last week.

Just sayin. #Perspective

FFF
05-04-2013, 12:16 PM
When we get a double play ball when the opponent has bases loaded and 1 out, do you credit Graveman or Ross for getting the ground ball and our D for turning it? Or do you say, "damn, they are terrible at situational hitting"? Sometimes the other teams pitchers and defense are why we can't get a key hit. It's not always that we just suck in key situations.

Last week was a combination of both in my opinion. But you have to give some credit to them for getting us out when we had RISP, not just blast our team for not getting a clutch hit. Apparently USC is terrible at situational hitting AND every other kind of hitting by your logic....bc they have been locked down through 2 games by the same staff we faced last week.

Just sayin. #Perspective

Bingo. Very well said.

2 of vandy's 3 starters will go in the 1st round. Lsu doesn't even have that kind of pitching.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Just sayin. #Perspective

I give them credit, but we were like 1 outta 6 in scoring runner from 3rd with less than 2 outs. They were good. I'm not slighting them, but we've been bad in those situations all year.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I give them credit, but we were like 1 outta 6 in scoring runner from 3rd with less than 2 outs. They were good. I'm not slighting them, but we've been bad in those situations all year.

We blew those same chances on Sunday against guys that aren't 1st rounders.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:28 PM

I was unfair there. We're 4th in sec games in sac flies. This stat I think is the problem: 3rd in the sec in grounding into dp's.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:43 PM
FYI...

South Carolina just had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and got nothing against Beede. Still 4-0 in the 6th. It ain't just us, especially against those guys. And I'm glad, bc we need them to get swept at home

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:47 PM
FYI...

South Carolina just had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and got nothing against Beede. Still 4-0 in the 6th. It ain't just us, especially against those guys. And I'm glad, bc we need them to get swept at home

I'm rooting for them too. Beede got a break on that 2-0 pitch. Should've been 3-0, but yes he got out of it

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:50 PM
FYI...

Cadaver I know you watch/listen to like all the games. You've gotta admit we struggle when bases are loaded and big situational hitting spots. I'm not saying we're gonna continue to, but we have so far. Today would be great time to change that

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Cadaver I know you watch/listen to like all the games. You've gotta admit we struggle when bases are loaded and big situational hitting spots. I'm not saying we're gonna continue to, but we have so far. Today would be great time to change that

Yea, we have. No doubt. But I also look at it this way...we have got to be doing something right to have so many innings with guys in scoring position. So I feel like the hits will start falling. And typically once they start, they will come in bunches if you've constantly got guys on base.

I'm calm about it because I would much rather those hits start falling here towards the end of the season and going into postseason play, than against Vandy or LSU in the regular season. I wish we could do it all of the time, but it just hasn't happened. But once again, the guys are getting in scoring position, so it's a matter of time.

But I agree that we haven't gotten a lot of clutch hits lately.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Yea, we have. No doubt. But I also look at it this way...we have got to be doing something right to have so many innings with guys in scoring position. So I feel like the hits will start falling. And typically once they start, they will come in bunches if you've constantly got guys on base.

I'm calm about it because I would much rather those hits start falling here towards the end of the season and going into postseason play, than against Vandy or LSU in the regular season. I wish we could do it all of the time, but it just hasn't happened. But once again, the guys are getting in scoring position, so it's a matter of time.

But I agree that we haven't gotten a lot of clutch hits lately.

My biggest hope is that our best baseball is in front of us this year. I believe lsu and vandys have peaked, meanwhile we haven't

CadaverDawg
05-04-2013, 12:59 PM
By the way, Beede is throwing a no hitter through 6 innings at Carolina. That should make you feel better about how we hit against him.

msstate7
05-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Bases loaded in 2nd inning. Come on porter make me look stupid

msstate7
05-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Bases loaded in 2nd inning. Come on porter make me look stupid

Nice job porter