PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs. Mount St. Mary's Game 2

It_Could_Happen
02-26-2014, 06:05 PM
State up 3-1 after 3. Gave up an early run in the first, but answered back. I don't really know what to think about us giving up these early runs every game.

DanDority
02-26-2014, 07:05 PM
State up 4-1, heading to the 6th.

Dawg61
02-26-2014, 07:16 PM
This is an exciting game thread

DanDority
02-26-2014, 07:20 PM
If you think this tread is exciting, you should checkout the game!!!!

DanDority
02-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Preston Brown looked good in the start with 7K's, and Will Cox has looked good in relief. Bats are still a little heavy.

MabenMaroon
02-26-2014, 07:51 PM
B8 10 -1 and still going; a lot of singles the past few innings.

Dawg61
02-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Ole Miss is struggling with ULM again. Tied 3-3 b9

CJDAWG85
02-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Nice couple of wins this week. Good to see us scoring some runs. How many RBI's does Rea have now?

State82
02-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Ole Miss is struggling with ULM again. Tied 3-3 b9

UM won again in walk-off fashion, 4-3. Also, Evansville beat Vandy today 8-3. I don't remember more top ranked teams losing as much early as they have so far this season. Everybody is having their issues early. Which is a good thing for us.

DanDority
02-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Nice couple of wins this week. Good to see us scoring some runs. How many RBI's does Rea have now?

19 I believe

Dawg61
02-26-2014, 08:14 PM
UM won again in walk-off fashion, 4-3. Also, Evansville beat Vandy today 8-3. I don't remember more top ranked teams losing as much early as they have so far this season. Everybody is having their issues early. Which is a good thing for us.

Missouri lost to Campbell tonight 6-3. I've never heard of that school. Ouch

Bothrops
02-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Tough teams coming up the next two wknds. Mich St., UC Santa Barbara and Arizona. Damn

bully99
02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
USM beats Alabama 2-1 Bama now 4& 3

Arizona lost one of their top pitchers, needs Tommy John surgery.

Todd4State
02-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Tough teams coming up the next two wknds. Mich St., UC Santa Barbara and Arizona. Damn

Winning a few of those will make up for the Holy Cross debacle. Especially with four of those on the road.

And I believe we have South Alabama coming up as well.

Todd4State
02-26-2014, 10:22 PM

Everybody goes through the same thing early in the year. I think part of the reason we did so well last year compared to this year is because the schedule was easier and we also had fewer questions coming into the year.

messageboardsuperhero
02-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Winning a few of those will make up for the Holy Cross debacle. Especially with four of those on the road.

I just hope those Holy Cross games don't come back to bite us in the ass come hosting selection time. It would be really big if Holy Cross finished the year with an RPI around 150 (they finished 200 last year)- that would make those loses look more respectable.

And I believe we have South Alabama coming up as well.

I'm pretty sure South Alabama won't be as good as last year. They lost a lot off that team.

SignalToNoise
02-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Help someone that hasn't been able to watch or listen to a single game- are we just shellacking hapless Mt Saint Mary's or are things starting to come together?

Todd4State
02-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Help someone that hasn't been able to watch or listen to a single game- are we just shellacking hapless Mt Saint Mary's or are things starting to come together?

I think some of both. I don't think St. Mary's is very good- but we're also playing a LOT better. Fewer errors, better at bats, etc.

Todd4State
02-26-2014, 11:27 PM
I just hope those Holy Cross games don't come back to bite us in the ass come hosting selection time. It would be really big if Holy Cross finished the year with an RPI around 150 (they finished 200 last year)- that would make those loses look more respectable.

I'm pretty sure South Alabama won't be as good as last year. They lost a lot off that team.

It certainly could hurt us- but at least we split and didn't lose the series. With Western Carolina, Cal-Santa Barbara on the road, Arizona on the road, USM, Ole Miss at neutral site, and then the SEC- we should be OK.

It also seems like a lot of the other top teams are having issues as well.

bully99
02-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Watched the games the last two days and I wasn't impressed with the offense. Most of the hits were ground ball or bloopers over the infield. Not much hitting with authority. St Mary's run came today on a botched double play ball to Detz. He threw the ball into the dirt. He just struggles throwing.
No St Mary's is not very good.

mstatefan91
02-26-2014, 11:39 PM

They certainly did not have the best infield. Multiple bad throws to first base and balls off of gloves but that being said, we were actually getting the stick on the ball and fielding much better the past two days.

messageboardsuperhero
02-26-2014, 11:42 PM
It certainly could hurt us- but at least we split and didn't lose the series. With Western Carolina, Cal-Santa Barbara on the road, Arizona on the road, USM, Ole Miss at neutral site, and then the SEC- we should be OK.

It also seems like a lot of the other top teams are having issues as well.

I'm glad we got to play them. Winning that series will hopefully end up being like another SEC series win for us in the committee's eyes.