PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch the tweets from Bjork and Freezus about the OM culture far from what..

RougeDawg
02-25-2014, 11:40 PM
The recent events suggest?

Hugh Freeze ‏@CoachHughFreeze 1h

Anyone outside the OleMiss family trying to define us by the actions of a few is like a snow man trying to describe a Sunburn. Come and See

In response

Ross Bjork ‏@RossBjorkAD 1h

@CoachHughFreeze No question about it......we know our character & what we stand for each day. Open invitation is always there.....

There are others talking about how Oxford is such a great place to live, where everyone lives in unison and integrated.... That's much more different than the Oxford I witnessed this past thanksgiving while hunting. Each kept to his own.

Coach34
02-25-2014, 11:46 PM
It's one big happy family on weekend visits though

Big4Dawg
02-25-2014, 11:47 PM
"snow man trying to describe a Sunburn" wtf?

RougeDawg
02-25-2014, 11:53 PM
"snow man trying to describe a Sunburn" wtf?

Look the comments. @DawgSmack has a nice one, to which The Beav responds.

Gen. Grant
02-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Again, they can keep trumpeting all they want about how Oxford is, but they will never be able to escape the confederate symbols. As long as they celebrate "rebels" "ole miss" and other symbols that celebrate a violent oppressive past, they will continue to suffer from "incidents" like the ones we have witnessed in the past few years. Those symbols and the confederate university identity, attract people who still live in that constructed lost cause culture and will continue to do so as long as they keep them. Nice try Mr. Freeze you snake oil salesman, nice try.

Mr. Freeze, I say that a preacher (snake oil salesman) turned football coach trying to dismantle complex historical concepts is like a snowman trying to describe a sunburn (what ever the hell that means). I define you (Ole Miss) by the symbols of the systematic murderous oppressive regime that the institution you work for continues to use as part of its identity. Not only me, but many other people from our Union. If you want to continue to feel proud of being a "Rebel" then you get what you pay for. Get over it or get rid of it!

AlSwearengen
02-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Is bucky trying to come up with a phrase that becomes famous, like Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, or some other famous person? Snowman and sunburns?

BeastMan
02-26-2014, 12:17 AM
I've been wondering what response Bjork and Freeze would come up with (McCready even said so). This isn't it. Can't be. I'm looking for something strategic.

TheRef
02-26-2014, 12:20 AM
I've been wondering what response Bjork and Freeze would come up with (McCready even said so). This isn't it. Can't be. I'm looking for something strategic.

If that's it, then by God we may have broken the Beaver's back on this one. I swear, that might have been the worst thought-out tweet I've seen in a while by him.

PassInterference
02-26-2014, 12:26 AM
I'd ask Freeze which few.

The few players involved with the sex assault? They few players accused of beating a man into hospitalization? The few students accused of messing with the Meredith statue? The few people that allegedly yelled racial slurs and threw beer on a black student? The few players that yelled homosexual slurs and disrupted that play?

I mean let's be specific. Freeze wasn't clear.

Coach34
02-26-2014, 12:37 AM

The few players involved with the sex assault? They few players accused of beating a man into hospitalization? The few students accused of messing with the Meredith statue? The few people that allegedly yelled racial slurs and threw beer on a black student? The few players that yelled homosexual slurs and disrupted that play?

ouch

blacklistedbully
02-26-2014, 01:14 AM

Boom!

barely
02-26-2014, 07:37 AM
Again, they can keep trumpeting all they want about how Oxford is, but they will never be able to escape the confederate symbols. As long as they celebrate "rebels" "ole miss" and other symbols that celebrate a violent oppressive past, they will continue to suffer from "incidents" like the ones we have witnessed in the past few years. Those symbols and the confederate university identity, attract people who still live in that constructed lost cause culture and will continue to do so as long as they keep them. Nice try Mr. Freeze you snake oil salesman, nice try.

Mr. Freeze, I say that a preacher (snake oil salesman) turned football coach trying to dismantle complex historical concepts is like a snowman trying to describe a sunburn (what ever the hell that means). I define you (Ole Miss) by the symbols of the systematic murderous oppressive regime that the institution you work for continues to use as part of its identity. Not only me, but many other people from our Union. If you want to continue to feel proud of being a "Rebel" then you get what you pay for. Get over it or get rid of it!

This may be the most over the top dork statement ever made on an internet message board. "Systematic murderous oppressive"???? I agree that they are looking like dumbasses up there who continue to put their heads in the sand, but to put the South of the 1800s in the same boat with the Nazis is a tad extreme.

shoeless joe
02-26-2014, 08:08 AM
It's not just Ole Miss. It's the town of Oxford. A few years back a certain high school AD had to apologize to a majority black school team for the racial slurs hurled at them by students and players and game workers!!

starkvegasdawg
02-26-2014, 08:12 AM

I bet he meant the few that rioted after the last presidential election.

codeDawg
02-26-2014, 08:33 AM
If he they are putting out a statement asking people to "come and see," it's because they are having difficulty getting people to do that. Apparently, they are feeling it.

smootness
02-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Their response to all of this doesn't matter. The bottom line is, we're just selling our school and program. They're having to tell everyone they aren't racist. They've already lost.

Coach66
02-26-2014, 09:03 AM

nm

Martianlander
02-26-2014, 09:04 AM
I may be wrong but I have a hunch that we haven't seen it all out of tsun yet.

bulldogsmsu
02-26-2014, 09:35 AM
The recent events suggest?

Hugh Freeze ‏@CoachHughFreeze 1h

Anyone outside the OleMiss family trying to define us by the actions of a few is like a snow man trying to describe a Sunburn. Come and See

In response

Ross Bjork ‏@RossBjorkAD 1h

@CoachHughFreeze No question about it......we know our character & what we stand for each day. Open invitation is always there.....

There are others talking about how Oxford is such a great place to live, where everyone lives in unison and integrated.... That's much more different than the Oxford I witnessed this past thanksgiving while hunting. Each kept to his own.

The bears are who we thought they were! Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

bankerdawg
02-26-2014, 09:42 AM
TRSUN......The Racist School Up North

maroonmania
02-26-2014, 10:51 AM
This may be the most over the top dork statement ever made on an internet message board. "Systematic murderous oppressive"???? I agree that they are looking like dumbasses up there who continue to put their heads in the sand, but to put the South of the 1800s in the same boat with the Nazis is a tad extreme.

Just delete the word murderous and the post has merit. The biggest similarity between attitudes up there with the South of the 1800s is an attitude of inate superiority over other groups of people. And for the most part you can put MSU fans and graduates on the list of those groups.

Coach34
02-26-2014, 11:09 AM
They're having to tell everyone they aren't racist. They've already lost.

this all day

thunderclap
02-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Talk. Is. Cheap.

BulldogDX55
02-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Instead of TSUN, we need to make The Plantation a thing. It fits them so well.

Pollodawg
02-26-2014, 12:24 PM
I am totally lost as to what the actions of a few have to do with a snowman trying to describe a sunburn. The only way that quote could have worked would be if he had said: "Anyone trying to describe OM without being here and seeing it first hand is like a snowman trying to describe a sunburn. They don't get it."

Since he didn't put it that way, the simile is labored and false. I would expect better from someone who is supposed to be such a mesmerizing public speaker.

Anti Leghumper
02-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Why do MSU fans CONSTANTLY talk about Ole Miss? There are 13 other SEC schools for you to talk about, counting your own school. MSU fans talk about Ole Miss more than OM fans talk about LSU. I was linked here from an Ole Miss post, or I wouldn't be here at all. But browsing through the threads here, all I can say is, wow. Ole Miss topics consume your fan base.

Get your hopes up all you want. We will continue to out recruit MSU. Now that the Orgeron and Nutt era's are over, we will start to actually use that talent on the field better. MSU fans and coaches need to put as much into the rest of the season as they do the Egg Bowl and you might be on to something.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Why do MSU fans CONSTANTLY talk about Ole Miss? There are 13 other SEC schools for you to talk about, counting your own school. MSU fans talk about Ole Miss more than OM fans talk about LSU. I was linked here from an Ole Miss post, or I wouldn't be here at all. But browsing through the threads here, all I can say is, wow. Ole Miss topics consume your fan base.

Get your hopes up all you want. We will continue to out recruit MSU. Now that the Orgeron and Nutt era's are over, we will start to actually use that talent on the field better. MSU fans and coaches need to put as much into the rest of the season as they do the Egg Bowl and you might be on to something.

Lol

Can we keep him please?

Bully13
02-26-2014, 01:09 PM
How did you get in with that user name? Btw...the food yall been serving lately is just to good for us and the country to pass up

MadDawg
02-26-2014, 01:14 PM

Why do we post a lot about the Bears? Because they are a ****ING NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT to this state, it's people and civility in general.

engie
02-26-2014, 01:19 PM
We will continue to out recruit MSU. Now that the Orgeron, Nutt, Cutcliffe, Tuberville, Brewer, Sloan, Cooper, and Kenard era's are over, we will start to actually use that talent on the field better.

FIFY

#championships

UMCDawg16
02-26-2014, 01:23 PM

Nice try buddy, but if CNN and other reputable news organizations have you as the headline on their front page talking about racist acts by "Ole Miss Rebel" students, I think worrying about the fact that MSU is talking about you as well, shouldn't be a concern to you. P.S. Good luck recruiting when the number one question African-American recruits and their families want to ask Bucky is about repeated acts of racism by members of his university and why the university itself still holds on to a racially charged past. You have already lost a 4-star recruit directly because of these incidences and that's going to be the tip of the iceberg.

dawggoneit
02-26-2014, 01:26 PM
A beaver explaining buck teeth, a salesman explaining snake oil, or Freeze explaining hypocrisy would Have Fit better.

starkvegasdawg
02-26-2014, 01:26 PM

We are talking about your screw up of a school all the time because here lately your pathetic excuse of an institution is making news all the time. Sometimes national. Look at the bright side, this James Meredith fiasco was only the second time in your school's history you had to have the FBI on campus. So by my count, that is national guard on campus once and FBI twice.

And as far as out recruiting us goes...you just lost one commit due to your school being full of idiots. Probably just the first domino to fall. May not be winning February much longer. Already losing November on a regular basis. It must suck when your glory days in any sport were so long ago that the fans alive today that were alive then are so old and senile they don't remember them. Basketball team never amounted to a fart in the wind, baseball team chokes so much your mascot should be a person getting the Heimlich maneuver, and football basically irrelevant for over 50 years. But hey, chin up. At least you have an area of trees and grass called the Grove to get drunk in. Most people just call that woods but I digress.

Homedawg
02-26-2014, 01:28 PM

#continued recrootin champs

thunderclap
02-26-2014, 01:29 PM
"Just wait." Never heard that one before.

War Machine Dawg
02-26-2014, 01:32 PM
We are talking about your screw up of a school all the time because here lately your pathetic excuse of an institution is making news all the time. Sometimes national. Look at the bright side, this James Meredith fiasco was only the second time in your school's history you had to have the FBI on campus. So by my count, that is national guard on campus once and FBI twice.

And as far as out recruiting us goes...you just lost one commit due to your school being full of idiots. Probably just the first domino to fall. May not be winning February much longer. Already losing November on a regular basis. It must suck when your glory days in any sport were so long ago that the fans alive today that were alive then are so old and senile they don't remember them. Basketball team never amounted to a fart in the wind, baseball team chokes so much your mascot should be a person getting the Heimlich maneuver, and football basically irrelevant for over 50 years. But hey, chin up. At least you have an area of trees and grass called the Grove to get drunk in. Most people just call that woods but I digress.

Damn, that's gonna leave a mark.

Homedawg
02-26-2014, 01:34 PM
My question is this to the rebel genius, if we are so obsessed w you and y'all aren't obsessed w us, why in the hell are you on a state message board?....if I could only see his reply. God only knows how much time he spends on lsu's site since they are their true rival*******

DawgHouseUnited
02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
blah blah blah blah blah

Just a wild guess on my part, but if OM hadn't gotten in the news for so many bad things- all within such a short time frame- then maybe it would be different. But come on, really? It's easier (and faster) to count the things OM has done RIGHT lately than to list all the things WRONG that have happened in beautiful Oxford MS.

So yeah, pretend the Kimchee bros didn't assault a man, pretend players aren't getting arrested at an alarming rate, pretend sexual battery didn't happen, pretend someone didn't deface a racial-unity symbol on your campus, pretend someone didn't hurl drinks & racial slurs at a student, pretend players didn't yell gay slurs during a theater production, pretend Marshall Henderson actually is a citizen-of-the-year nice guy, and pretend that recruiting is more important than on-the-field results.

Man, it hurts just to imagine how bad it sucks to be an OM fan right now. The school is stuck in "we're not really racist!" PR, some of those precious recruits are turning away from OM, and many of us have moved beyond laughter- now we're shaking our heads at how bad things are.

messageboardsuperhero
02-26-2014, 01:58 PM

Look man, there are about three UM related topics out of the 20 or so on the front page right now. I guarantee you that if you went to the Spirit or NAFOOM right now, there would be AT LEAST that many (if not more) topics about MSU over there.

The whole "Leghumpers are obsessed with us!!11!" crap is the dumbest shit I've ever seen- #1 because it's not true; #2 if State fans are obsessed with UM, then UM fans are equally as obsessed with State. Quit trying to make yourself feel superior by making this garbage up.

RougeDawg
02-26-2014, 04:34 PM
The op was more avoid pointing out the hypocrisy and denial of those in charge at OM. Hugh is the epitome of hypocrite. Bjork is either a horrible bridge salesman or just plain ignorant.

We can only hope those two, and the other asshats in charge up there, actually believe all is well amongst the OM culture and identity.

BossDawg
02-26-2014, 05:07 PM

Welcome to a Mississippi State board!!! Can't take your eyes off of us, eh? Seems just a bit hypocritical.

Anyway, I'm BossDawg! Nice to meet you!

BossDawg
02-26-2014, 05:10 PM
We will continue to out recruit MSU.

Is that supposed to be helping Ole Mrs.? If it is, well, you aren't getting your money's worth then.

Saltydog
02-26-2014, 05:11 PM
nt

gravedigger
02-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Saying you have class doesn't mean you have it any more than saying you are good looking because you looked in a mirror.

It just makes you conceited.

bannedwayne
02-26-2014, 05:38 PM
The op was more avoid pointing out the hypocrisy and denial of those in charge at OM. Hugh is the epitome of hypocrite. Bjork is either a horrible bridge salesman or just plain ignorant.

We can only hope those two, and the other asshats in charge up there, actually believe all is well amongst the OM culture and identity.

While I get your point, Freeze and Bjork have no control over the racial incidents that happened last week. Their job is to sell a product, and that product is Ole Miss Football. Hell, I'd be on the defensive too if I was in their position and some dumbass I have no control over made me look bad.

ghostofjackie
02-26-2014, 05:45 PM

Because we ****ing hate you. Was their even a reason to come over here and ask?

gravedigger
02-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Weeeellll shit. That means the illogical analogy and the fact that they directly supervise 90% of the problems aren't relevant after all.

After all, our main criticism was that they were being defensive. Not how ****ing stupid they appeared in doing so.

Thanks for your insight.

RougeDawg
02-26-2014, 06:17 PM
While I get your point, Freeze and Bjork have no control over the racial incidents that happened last week. Their job is to sell a product, and that product is Ole Miss Football. Hell, I'd be on the defensive too if I was in their position and some dumbass I have no control over made me look bad.

Doesn't the program and university use the moniker "Ole Miss"? You do realize what "Ole Miss-a" means, right? That in itself is hypocrisy at its greatest right there. Not to mention Freeze and Bjork painting an all holy righteous university by day, but promoting and covering up recruiting shenanigans and criminal acts by night. What about those emails bjork and co wouldn't release, even though law says they have to. They make up a false loophole and lawyer up, the media goes away. This type of thuggish behavior and sweeping under rug can only occur so long, before it bites you right in the ass.

I'm questioning where your loyalties lie of you're having a difficult time realizing the obvious hypocrisies amongst those running OM.

bannedwayne
02-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Doesn't the program and university use the moniker "Ole Miss"? You do realize what "Ole Miss-a" means, right? That in itself is hypocrisy at its greatest right there. Not to mention Freeze and Bjork painting an all holy righteous university by day, but promoting and covering up recruiting shenanigans and criminal acts by night. What about those emails bjork and co wouldn't release, even though law says they have to. They make up a false loophole and lawyer up, the media goes away. This type of thuggish behavior and sweeping under rug can only occur so long, before it bites you right in the ass.

I'm questioning where your loyalties lie of you're having a difficult time realizing the obvious hypocrisies amongst those running OM.

I specifically mentioned Bjork and Freeze. They don't have control over what the name of their school is, that's their boss - the Chancellor's - job. I'm not defending them, just pointing out that in this instance, any head coach in America would do the same, especially when it wasn't their players committing the "crime."

I was commenting on the incident at hand, not trying to start a shitstorm. Just trying to be a rational voice in the conversation saying that anyone would do the same in their position.

There's better things to hate Ole Miss coaches for (like them promoting and covering up recruiting shenanigans).

blacklistedbully
02-26-2014, 07:01 PM

Well, we constantly talk about OM, and OM fans constantly talk about us because we are rivals and that's what rivals do. This notion that it's somehow strange, obsessive or indicative of one fanbase being below another is absurd, and you are a dumb-**** for buying into this standard, arrogant, misguided idea put forth by so many of your delusional, self-important-for-no-logical-reason jackasses.

And the fact that you went to the trouble of signing up here so you could make this post shows what a dishonest prick you are, as you try to pretend you got here with no real effort on your part from a "linked post". While you may have got here by the link, your presence here, no matter how short-lived, proves you to be one of the types you like to label, "consumed by (in this case) MSU topics"

Who needs to get their hopes up? Asswipe, we have beaten you 4 of the past 5, and are very, very likely to make it 5 of 6, then 6 of 7. When you begin to understand that recruiting is a means, not an end, and that the real goal is to win the games, then perhaps you won't make as many posts as stupid as this one.

State82
02-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Well, we constantly talk about OM, and OM fans constantly talk about us because we are rivals and that's what rivals do. This notion that it's somehow strange, obsessive or indicative of one fanbase being below another is absurd, and you are a dumb-**** for buying into this standard, arrogant, misguided idea put forth by so many of your delusional, self-important-for-no-logical-reason jackasses.

And the fact that you went to the trouble of signing up here so you could make this posts shows what a dishonest prick you are, as you try to pretend you got here with no real effort on your part from a "linked post". While you may have got here by the link, you're presence here, no matter how short-lived, proves you to be one of the types you like to label, "consumed by, in this case, MSU topics"

Who needs to get their hopes up? Asswipe, we have beaten you 4 of the past 5, and are very, very likely to make it 5 of 6, then 6 of 7. When you begin to understand that recruiting is a means, not an end, and that the real goal is to win the games, then perhaps you won't make as many posts as stupid as this one.

Top quality right there. You, sir, are to be commended. Not much else needs to be said.

LC Dawg
02-26-2014, 09:42 PM
I specifically mentioned Bjork and Freeze. They don't have control over what the name of their school is,

They could have controlled what the name of their school is by choosing to work for a different school.
They chose to work for the Ole Miss Rebels and with that comes all the racist symbols and traditions.

MaroonState
02-26-2014, 11:49 PM

That's gonna leave a mark!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-27-2014, 09:01 AM
They could have controlled what the name of their school is by choosing to work for a different school.
They chose to work for the Ole Miss Rebels and with that comes all the racist symbols and traditions.
Interesting...so only hugh freeze and ross bjork had a choice on whether to work at om or not? I guess I missed when everyone else was forced to work at or attend that school.

RougeDawg
02-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Interesting...so only hugh freeze and ross bjork had a choice on whether to work at om or not? I guess I missed when everyone else was forced to work at or attend that school.

I'm pretty sure that's not what was stated but nice try.

bannedwayne
02-27-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty sure that's not what was stated but nice try.

I'm glad there is another rational voice here.

LC Dawg
02-27-2014, 11:26 AM

I'm not sure what you are stating but I was replying to the statement that Freeze and Bjork don't control what the name of their school is. I say they could have chosen to work for another school so they do have control over it.