PDA

View Full Version : Who is Laster??

CadaverDawg
02-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Did anyone watch him pitch the 9th? And if so, did anyone else think he looked like a future Girodo? His arm angle and delivery was almost identical to Chad's.

Is that guy a Freshman? Say yes. Really liked what I saw in that inning. He kept the ball low and seemed to have good movement.

And regardless of what anyone thinks of Britton...I think he can play, and he has an absolute cannon. He threw a piss-rocket to first to throw out a guy from way behind 3rd base in the 9th.

Todd4State
02-25-2014, 08:09 PM
Did anyone watch him pitch the 9th? And if so, did anyone else think he looked like a future Girodo? His arm angle and delivery was almost identical to Chad's.

Is that guy a Freshman? Say yes. Really liked what I saw in that inning. He kept the ball low and seemed to have good movement.

And regardless of what anyone thinks of Britton...I think he can play, and he has an absolute cannon. He threw a piss-rocket to first to throw out a guy from way behind 3rd base in the 9th.

JUCO pitcher from Tennessee.

MadisonDawg
He's a junior transfer from Columbia St CC

MsStateBaseball
JC tr pitcher. He still needs work. Yes I can see Britton at 3b, Heck at SS, Detz at DH. Britton prob a better prospect at Third. What say Todd about that?

messageboardsuperhero
02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
JC tr pitcher. He still needs work. Yes I can see Britton at 3b, Heck at SS, Detz at DH. Britton prob a better prospect at Third. What say Todd about that?

The problem with that is Garner NEEDS to be in the lineup to drive in runs. I could see Britton as a defensive sub late in games though.

CadaverDawg
02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Damn, was hoping Laster was a Freshman or Soph. He looked good, but not as impressed knowing he's a Junior. Who knows though...Girodo didn't show up until his Senior year.

Original48
02-25-2014, 08:15 PM
We had a Glenn 'Red' Laster my freshman year high school. Red was a senior. We were up 6 with less than 5 minutes left and forced Prep to punt. Red peeled off the line on punt return right and the ball landed on top of his helmet. Prep recovered. We lost.

MsStateBaseball
02-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Laster was lit up early in fall, so they had to change arm angle. Houston has got to pitch and help us, got to. Holder may be out a few days. Next 9 games will be challenging.

bully99
02-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Did they pitch today because Shelly and Young are out for the year.

Todd4State
02-25-2014, 08:20 PM
I actually liked the lineup today better. Britton has to hit to play.

thedawg
02-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Garner has to play

Dallas_Dawg
02-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Holder may be out? Is he hurt?

Todd4State
02-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Yes. Finger injury.

MsStateBaseball
02-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Laster was lit up early in fall, so they had to change arm angle. Houston has got to pitch and help us, got to. Holder may be out a few days. Next 9 games will be challenging.

preachermatt83
02-25-2014, 10:25 PM

so with that you take two of our best bats completely out of the line-up in Garner and Humphries . Id have hump at 3rd, and detz at dh with garner catching (if garner can do it defensively) if not I'd have Detz at 3rd with Garner at dh. but there is no way id have both garner and hump not playing. Their bats are too valuable.

Will James
02-25-2014, 10:32 PM
so with that you take two of our best bats completely out of the line-up in Garner and Humphries . Id have hump at 3rd, and detz at dh with garner catching (if garner can do it defensively) if not I'd have Detz at 3rd with Garner at dh. but there is no way id have both garner and hump not playing. Their bats are too valuable.

Hump is a 30% K rate true freshman.

mathistondawg
02-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Is young gonna be able to play

slickdawg
02-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Is young gonna be able to play

No. He went in to see Rusty Linton about a hangnail in his foot, and had his pitching arm amputated accidently.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Hump is a 30% K rate true freshman.
He's had ~10 ABs.

Will James
02-25-2014, 11:44 PM
He's had ~10 ABs.

Projecting that for him this season...

CadaverDawg
05-21-2014, 01:10 AM
Anybody remember this thread? Ya boy knew Laster had potential after his first inning. This guy will help us if we make a deep run this year...and next year, you can pretty much pencil him in as the #3 starter for the first weekend series. He doesn't have Girodo's velocity, but he's getting better and better every time he pitches. Hell of a job tonight.

Todd4State
05-21-2014, 02:26 AM
Anybody remember this thread? Ya boy knew Laster had potential after his first inning. This guy will help us if we make a deep run this year...and next year, you can pretty much pencil him in as the #3 starter for the first weekend series. He doesn't have Girodo's velocity, but he's getting better and better every time he pitches. Hell of a job tonight.

Maybe you can pencil him in.

I'm hoping it's Fitts, Ross, and Woodruff. Laster will no doubt be in the mix. I'm also hoping that Preston Brown will be healthy and in the mix as well. If my ideal rotation works out, Laster would essentially have the same role that Ross used to have.

We have three freshmen- Dakota Hudson, Austin Sexton, and Vance Tatum that will compete for spots in the rotation as well and can't be ruled out. Jesse McCord will throw his hat in the ring as well next year.

dickiedawg
05-21-2014, 06:11 AM
The Girodo comparison seems apt today. He showed some Girodos last night for sure.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2014, 06:16 AM
Maybe you can pencil him in.

I'm hoping it's Fitts, Ross, and Woodruff. Laster will no doubt be in the mix. I'm also hoping that Preston Brown will be healthy and in the mix as well. If my ideal rotation works out, Laster would essentially have the same role that Ross used to have.

We have three freshmen- Dakota Hudson, Austin Sexton, and Vance Tatum that will compete for spots in the rotation as well and can't be ruled out. Jesse McCord will throw his hat in the ring as well next year.

Yea, if he or Preston aren't one of our weekend starters by SEC play (and are healthy), we have a great problem on our hands next year.

In a perfect World, Woodruff comes back and has a big year, but at this point I'm not expecting it. Wouldn't it be great to have 3 Seniors as our weekend rotation though?

whosyourdawgy
05-21-2014, 06:31 AM
So you want Garner and Humphreys in the lineup together because they are our best hitters or because they have some pop in their batts? Both have looked just as bad as or worse than Britton when facing SEC pitching. Britton has actually been hitting the ball much better as of late and neither Garner or Humphreys brings anything close to what Britton brings us on the field. Britton is 100 percent our best option at 3rd base. He makes plays and saves baserunners every game with his D and cannon. And having Garner in there takes Collins out of the lineup as well. Hell, try Garner at 1st base if anything and put both Detz and Rea at DH or bench if anything. Next season both Garner and Humphreys will be much more of a factor but for the rest of this season Britton should be at 3rd in my worthless opinion.

Political Hack
05-21-2014, 07:17 AM
teach Britton to catch. problem solved.