PDA

View Full Version : OM alum offered $25k reward for Meredith Statue incident. How much for CoL Reb?

blacklistedbully
02-25-2014, 02:37 PM
In the wake of the announcement that Ole Miss alumni offered a $25k reward for the Meredith statue incident, I'm wondering how much various OM alumni/student organizations like the Colonel Reb Foundation, etc had raised in an effort to keep Colonel Reb the Mascot, the Confederate Flag at games, and the playing of Dixie at sporting events.

Anybody know? I'm betting it dwarfs any money or participation related to the advancement of racial equality, despite the OM admin taking steps the students and alumni opposed by a wide margin.

MadDawg
02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Did you know there is a 'Colonel Rebel PAC'? I didn't until I googled and found it. From the linked page:

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Arthur-Randallson/1687200740

"We've actually rounded up so many volunteers and pledged financial donations, we have a very powerful shot for a heritage initiative for the November 2015 ballot," he tells abc24.com. "

Not sure what "so many pledged financial donations" means, but it don't sound like chump change.