PDA

View Full Version : MLB Opening Day a National Holiday?

TheRef
02-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Budweiser is pushing a petition to make it happen. Thoughts? Comments?

Mine? I'm pretty damn excited about this. I'd be down for Opening Day to being a National Holiday.

Petition found here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/declare-major-league-baseball-opening-day-national-holiday/3XNmgfBb

Todd4State
02-25-2014, 02:17 PM
I think it would be awesome. It would be good for baseball as well.

bannedwayne
02-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Best PR stunt that baseball/Budweiser could pull.

It won't happen, but sure would be awesome.

starkvegasdawg
02-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I seriously douby the execs at my company would shut the doors for opening day of baseball. I wouldn't complain if they did, mind you. I'm just not holding my breath.

Or, what would be even nicer would be to have happened what I just read happened to a CA couple. They were walking part of their property and saw an old rusted can almost completely buried at the base of a tree. It just happened to have $10,000,000 in mint condition gold coins from the 1800's in it. I could make a find like that and then just quit my job and go to as many sporting events as I wanted to. Instead, every rusty can I have ever found buried only had a few earthworms in them. Hardly a comparable economic value.

smootness
02-25-2014, 02:44 PM
That would be really stupid, but sign me up!

messageboardsuperhero
02-25-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't know how economically feasible it would be, but that we be so awesome.

Opening Day is basically already a national holiday in the big baseball cities anyway.

War Machine Dawg
02-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Hell yes, please let this happen. It won't, but it would be badass.