PDA

View Full Version : Paul Young

bulldogcountry1
02-24-2014, 11:02 PM
I've noticed that he is dressing out, but I've heard nothing about his health or his potential role this year. What's the deal there?

Todd4State
02-24-2014, 11:40 PM
From what I heard, the elbow tenderness has returned. Personally speaking here- I expect him to have surgery on his arm at some point.

maroonmania
02-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Yep, at this point you can nix JM Shelley and Paul Young from the list of available pitchers for the season.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-25-2014, 11:07 AM
From what I heard, the elbow tenderness has returned. Personally speaking here- I expect him to have surgery on his arm at some point.

I was told he has to get surgery

HancockCountyDog
02-25-2014, 11:08 AM

I know Shelly was highly recruited, was Young?

It sucks that we are losing two solid young pitchers so early.

bulldogcountry1
02-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm sensing another Micheal Dixon here.

Todd4State
02-25-2014, 01:09 PM
I know Shelly was highly recruited, was Young?

It sucks that we are losing two solid young pitchers so early.

Yes. Young was an outfielder in JUCO that started pitching in an emergency situation and was outstanding. He went from outfielder to ace and was drafted out of JUCO by the Indians. He had an offer from us and LSU.

Todd4State
02-25-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm sensing another Micheal Dixon here.

There's always that chance, but the odds of recovering from Tommy John are very good. I think around 85%.

bully99
02-25-2014, 01:10 PM
I said that last fall. Most of the give the arm a rest theory seldom work.
He should have had surgery months ago. There's too much abuse in high school and summer leagues by coaches who don't know what they are doing. Young was recruited by a lot of schools.

If this team doesn't go six and zero or five and one this week it could be a long season.

HancockCountyDog
02-25-2014, 02:42 PM
I said that last fall. Most of the give the arm a rest theory seldom work.
He should have had surgery months ago. There's too much abuse in high school and summer leagues by coaches who don't know what they are doing. Young was recruited by a lot of schools.

If this team doesn't go six and zero or five and one this week it could be a long season.

I think its stiill too early to make any grand declarations about this season, unless we have a losing week, which isn't going to happen. I see at worst a 5-1 week.