PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken Identity

NELA Dawg
02-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Hi guys. I am new guy, but have really enjoyed all the information. Hard to get much in the land of LSU. I was watching one of our local news stations (channel 10 KTVE) and they ran a segment on the statue situation at Ole Miss. The only problem was, they showed the logo of Mississippi State and our bulldog mascot. This is what concerns me the most, especially when it comes to recruiting. If someone was not listening closely and just heard racial issues and saw the MSU logo.....well you know the rest. Thanks again for a great forum, I am not sure I will be able to add much in the way of sports. But, when duck season rolls back around, I may can be of some assistance.

TheRef
02-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the board. In terms of duck hunting, you might find the Outdoors board helpful.

Political Hack
02-24-2014, 10:58 PM
KTVE needs to air a correction. that's bullshit.

state66
02-24-2014, 10:59 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. There needs to be a correction as well as an apology.

NELA Dawg
02-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the board. In terms of duck hunting, you might find the Outdoors board helpful.

Yep, I was reading it during duck season to see if anyone was getting any new ducks down. Thanks

NELA Dawg
02-24-2014, 11:30 PM

I agree, but want happen. This is not Mississippi. They don't care. I have met their head sport guy and will probably see him out at ball park soon. He will get an ear full from me.

hells bells
02-24-2014, 11:34 PM
I agree, but want happen. This is not Mississippi. They don't care. I have met their head sport guy and will probably see him out at ball park soon. He will get an ear full from me.

Just contact the damn station and make them aware. What day did they screw this up?

NELA Dawg
02-24-2014, 11:45 PM
Just contact the damn station and make them aware. What day did they screw this up?

This past Saturday....doubt it would do any good. By the way, a lot of Ole Miss people in Monroe/West Monroe. But we have one of the best football players from here!

Pollodawg
02-25-2014, 09:38 AM
You know the Duck Dynasty family? Lol

DLGDawg
02-25-2014, 10:10 AM

We should run a national ad campaign saying.....IDK....something.

"Mississippi State, the Peoples University". Throw in some sort of legal disclaimer stating that we ARE NOT ole miss and this message is not intended to be confused with....etc

notsofarawaydawg
02-25-2014, 10:27 AM
We should run a national ad campaign saying.....IDK....something.

"Mississippi State, the Peoples University". Throw in some sort of legal disclaimer stating that we ARE NOT ole miss and this message is not intended to be confused with....etc

Ole Miss would twist it some way or another as being racist. They are pulling out all the stops to deflect the real image they represent deep down in a lot of Bears.

Pollodawg
02-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Whatever State can do to distance itself from Candie Land will be a blessing.

DLGDawg
02-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Ole Miss would twist it some way or another as being racist. They are pulling out all the stops to deflect the real image they represent deep down in a lot of Bears.

Ha. They for sure would. But the grand thing about it is.....ole miss is quickly losing the ability to spin and twist and anyone with half a brain take them seriously.

NELA Dawg
02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
You know the Duck Dynasty family? Lol

Man, if I only got a nickel for every time someone asked me that........But, yes. They are great people. They are not fake. What you see on TV is how they are around town. They have done a lot to help the local economy in West Monroe. You ought to see the Grey Hound buses of folks that show up to see them.

NELA Dawg
02-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Whatever State can do to distance itself from Candie Land will be a blessing.

I agree. I think with a little POSITIVE publicity, like a great 2014 football season with Dak leading the way, we can separate our selves from them. It want be easy. A lot of other outside parties don't want State to rise up.