PDA

View Full Version : Something we should ALL agree on regarding Stansbury

M.Fillmore
02-24-2014, 10:27 PM
I know an AAU coach who greatly dislikes Stansbury. He told me that one thing Stansbury and staff did very effectively was beat Ole Miss' brains over the racial symbols to recruits. There may have been some, but I can't remember a recruiting battle with the bears that Stansbury lost.

The AAU coach cited that Deitric Slater visited Oxford and came away impressed. Kirby called him and asked how the trip went and Slater said "great".

Kirby: Was Col. Reb on the sideline?
Slater: um, yeah.
Kirby: Did they play Dixie after the game?
Slater: ummmm, yes.
Kirby: Fine. You go to Ole Miss. They'll have you paying homage to your massa the Col. in no time.

This is was Mullen needs to do. Shame these guys into being Uncle Toms if they sign there.
You think I'm being inflammatory? Go read C34's timeline pinned at the top of the page.

Disclaimer: This is not a Pro-Stansbury post. This is a Pro-Stansbury recruiting methodology post.

Coach34
02-24-2014, 10:32 PM
The Recruiter doing work. I agree with him.

I caught alot of flak for my article that talked about the Uncle Tom reference- but if you look up the definition of Uncle Tom and then read that timeline- how can you not agree? And Ole Miss people will raise hell about it- because they know if that is the word that keeps getting out- they are done until they change their name and remove Dixie.

Todd4State
02-24-2014, 11:00 PM
If it were me, I'd use it against them.

Todd4State
02-24-2014, 11:01 PM
The Recruiter doing work. I agree with him.

I caught alot of flak for my article that talked about the Uncle Tom reference- but if you look up the definition of Uncle Tom and then read that timeline- how can you not agree? And Ole Miss people will raise hell about it- because they know if that is the word that keeps getting out- they are done until they change their name and remove Dixie.

You caught a lot of flak about it because it's the truth.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Wow.....yes that would probably get us a few recruits.

BTW, not trying to be a dick, more of a stickler, but instead of using the word "methodology", just use the word "method"; methodology is a commonly miss-used word, especially in the scientific field, that essentially means "the study of methods" but is used to imply a technique, act of doing, or process. One lesson at a time and I truly feel I can right this ship***

Thick
02-25-2014, 07:48 AM
I thought everybody agreed that he clapped funny? In all seriousness, everyone of our coaches should use that when recruiting a player considering OM.

Dawgface
02-25-2014, 08:05 AM
OM's teams are as black as any. Must not matter to them.

M.Fillmore
02-25-2014, 08:52 AM

The idea is to win the recruiting battles versus the Dixiecrats, not to keep them from signing black kids. For all his faults, Stansbury did not lose recruiting battles against OM.

Drugdog
02-25-2014, 09:03 AM
I thought everybody agreed that he clapped funny? In all seriousness, everyone of our coaches should use that when recruiting a player considering OM.

That's good stuff. Clapping funny.

Original48
02-25-2014, 09:17 AM
I thought everybody agreed that he clapped funny?
Agreed. Also something I thought we were all in agreement on..well..against...http://youtu.be/BqZx9gY2m48

Johnson85
02-25-2014, 09:49 AM

It matters, it's just not the most important thing. In basketball, I think we did what was necessary to be competitive in recruiting, and that with maybe an assist from the fact that they have a larger percentage of racist jackasses in their fan base allowed us to consistently clean their clock. Outside of some provine players, I can't think of any significant recruiting battles we lost.

In football, I think there are a lot of players who are probably rubbed the wrong way by the fact that Ole Miss can't seem to forget old times, but it's something they can deal with if MSU or other schools are not showing the same 'love'.

Pollodawg
02-25-2014, 10:36 AM

This works off of the assumption that all black people think alike. Some of these kids it bothers. Some don't give a shit. It's all in the individual.