PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs trending high nationally in recruiting...

rabbitthedawg
02-24-2014, 11:39 AM
This is an excellent article to sum up what is going on: http://cbsprt.co/MoAul5

NCDawg
02-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Wish we could get the OG Patterson. Article says he's 80% Ole Miss right now. We need good OL more than anything else.

thedawg
02-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Its amazing how much hype and momentum play into all this... Ole Miss was all anyone wanted to talk about for a year because they got like four national guys to go with a normal recruiting class for them... Yeah it was news but good God it wasnt the story we listened to for a year...Its lazy reporting and "recruiting experts" repeating each other over and over... Now its our turn.. If we can grab a national guy or three to go with what should be an outstanding instate class we can ride the hype machine... Ill take it

Todd4State
02-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Its amazing how much hype and momentum play into all this... Ole Miss was all anyone wanted to talk about for a year because they got like four national guys to go with a normal recruiting class for them... Yeah it was news but good God it wasnt the story we listened to for a year...Its lazy reporting and "recruiting experts" repeating each other over and over... Now its our turn.. If we can grab a national guy or three to go with what should be an outstanding instate class we can ride the hype machine... Ill take it

Very true. The thing is with Dan you know that he is much more likely to get the most out of those national recruits.

Todd4State
02-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Wish we could get the OG Patterson. Article says he's 80% Ole Miss right now. We need good OL more than anything else.

As I have said before, I think the state of Mississippi is a lot deeper at o-line than people think. I think we will be OK- but I figure most of those guys are camp offers because of what people were talking about yesterday with regards to meaness, work ethic and things like that.

Pollodawg
02-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Think about if we finish higher than they did during their best Feb. ever. Talk about a meltdown like you've never seen.

missouridawg
02-24-2014, 01:27 PM

Don't let crystal ball predictions fool you... They are used as part of the marketing machine that OM employs. Their writers use that device to create distractions and un-necessary hype. Just because the cyrstal ball says it's 80% OM doesn't mean anything.

Big4Dawg
02-24-2014, 01:31 PM
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Commits

Out of their "Top 10" class, Hooks - not sure he was even 2 deep & Brassell - never played a down. I wonder what it would be if you took them out.