PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Byron's access taken?

BeastMan
02-24-2014, 09:44 AM
It's really simple yall. Complaining on message boards won't get it done. Gotta let the people in charge know in a respectful manner that it is not what you want as a student/alumni/BDC member, etc.... http://3rdand57.com/an-unwanted-visitor/

Vandownbytheriver
02-24-2014, 09:54 AM
No offense, but I don't think that's going to do dick. If our staff really didn't want him in the locker room, he wouldn't be there.

Saltydog
02-24-2014, 09:56 AM
have to make that decision.

elitedawgs
02-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Here's a draft letter for you to email to Scott Stricklin.

Dear Scott,

Excitement around Mississippi State football is at an all-time high. A school record four consecutive bowl games along with the majority of the 2013 football team returning has fans primed and ready for the 2014 season. The success under Dan Mullen is unprecedented. Success has led to expansion of Davis Wade stadium and a new world class football facility. We are on the verge of taking the proverbial next step and be in the conversation for the SEC West title.

Unfortunately, excitement turned to concern as reports came in over the weekend, Byron DeVinner was on campus for Junior Day. DeVinner is a parasite that leeches off of the backs of recruits. He uses these kids for his own betterment, not because he cares. This is the same Byron DeVinner that went on a rampage on talk radio stations all across the south, throwing Mississippi State under the bus. I believe that nothing positive will come from having him on or campus or near our football program. The University of Tennessee made a great call by banning DeVinner from their campus and football program. Volunteer coach Butch Jones realized that the negatives of allowing DeVinner access grossly outweigh any potential positives.

Please consider taking swift action and eliminate Byron DeVinner's access to Mississippi State before he can do further damage to our program.

Sincerely,

Your Name

BeastMan
02-24-2014, 10:16 AM
No offense, but I don't think that's going to do dick. If our staff really didn't want him in the locker room, he wouldn't be there.

Might not but that's what you do if you have a problem. Complaining on mb's is in vain. Fwiw Paup says the staff might not have known he was even there. Im of the thinking that you need to respond. Grand scheme, what he did but do nothing stee a bad precedent IMO. Can't let someone slap you

starkvegasdawg
02-24-2014, 10:20 AM
I want his access taken, thrown down on the ground in front of him, beaten to a bloody pulp, shot, and buried in a shallow grave all while he watches. Then tell him he will get the same fate if he ever gets within 500 feet of the campus again.

quickstrike2
02-24-2014, 10:27 AM
I have seen nothing that indicates that Strick is going to ban anybody from anything.

Vandownbytheriver
02-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Might not but that's what you do if you have a problem. Complaining on mb's is in vain. Fwiw Paup says the staff might not have known he was even there. Im of the thinking that you need to respond. Grand scheme, what he did but do nothing stee a bad precedent IMO. Can't let someone slap you

I've been told he was there because some of those kids didn't have a ride and Mullen knew it was the only way they could get there. In this day and age of recruiting, sometimes you do what you have to do to get the kids on campus.

Political Hack
02-24-2014, 10:37 AM
I do to care if he's driving Joe Montana to campus. He's bad for kids and bad for State. Nothing else matters.

Pollodawg
02-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Who the blue hell would say no?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Yes!
I wonder if he still has any connection with Brandon Hill or Dez Harris?
ETA: cause I'm a dumbass...

Coach34
02-24-2014, 10:55 AM
His picture should be in Starkville police cars with instructions to shoot on sight

Pollodawg
02-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Allowing Devinner to be around MSU football is like allowing a Nazi to work at a Jewish hospital. You know bad shit is gonna happen. And you're cool with that?

Political Hack
02-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Who the blue hell would say no?

I fully expect this poll to get trolled.

Vandownbytheriver
02-24-2014, 11:13 AM
I fully expect this poll to get trolled.

Challenge accepted.

solodawg
02-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Surely to God our coaches and AD have enough sense to remove this guy and disassociate him from MSU..I would hope it wouldn't take an email from fans for Strick to realize this guy is trouble...WTF!!!

Todd4State
02-24-2014, 01:08 PM
I've been told he was there because some of those kids didn't have a ride and Mullen knew it was the only way they could get there. In this day and age of recruiting, sometimes you do what you have to do to get the kids on campus.

Bullshit. They can ride with someone else.

Vandownbytheriver
02-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Bullshit. They can ride with someone else.

Don't shoot the messenger. Figured I'd tell you why.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-24-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm surprised he could afford to drive those kids since his foundation was shutdown. Did anyone ever hear anymore about him being looked into for fraud?

SevendustSeen
02-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Byron is just misunderstood. He's really a good guy. I talk to him all the time