PDA

View Full Version : does anybody here remember the fight in HI between renardo and the other big guy?

Bully13
02-22-2014, 08:31 PM
surely one of the most embarassing moments in MSU athletic history. does anybody remember who instigated the altercation? was it ever determined?

if renardo was the culprit, or if both were equally guilty, that situation was handled poorly. and I'm talking to the degree of Last Crusade "He chose POORLY"

just think if stans had shown some balls and either let renardo go or both. just think what that would have done to team chemistry. the dumster fire would have been put out and we may not be in the current dumster fire we are in now.

but stans' lack of floor leadership prior to that cannot be dismissed and I get that. stans was a at a crossroads at that point and he chose the weak path (if indeed my assumptions are correct)

was that the beginning of the end?

TheRef
02-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Sidney was going to go get something from concessions, Elgin Bailey was in his way and refused to move his legs. RS told him to move his legs. EB basically said "**** that" and then the brawl happened.

BeardoMSU
02-22-2014, 09:13 PM
They were arguing over which was tastier, the original Milkyway, or the simply caramel. That's like asking Israel and Palestine to share afternoon tea****.

Raytoraid83
02-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Signing Sidney was the beginning of the end for Stansbury. He was warned by multiple coaches not to sign him and he said he's handled a lot of personalities before and he can handle one more. After the fight Sidney's parents told Stansbury if he kicked Renardo off the team they would go to the press and tell everyone about the "improper benefits" they had gotten from Miss St. Elgin Baily was kicked off the team and the rest is history. I've had former players tell me how much they hate Renardo for basically ending Stansbury career at State. The fight was just a small example of how he ended it.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Wrong movie. Last crusade not raiders

BeardoMSU
02-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Also, two of the greatest movies ever made.

Bully13
02-22-2014, 10:13 PM
better now?

BeardoMSU
02-22-2014, 10:31 PM
This is fairly appropriate, eh?

http://i62.tinypic.com/2uidij7.jpg

fishwater99
02-22-2014, 10:32 PM
JMoney was the player that started the downward spiral.
He did what he wanted without any repercussions from Stans and he knew it.
We had multiple transfers because of this and it was the beginning of the end for Stans.
when you pay high profile players they can do what they want and the coach can't do shit.
Jamont was not a point guard, but he wanted to play there and he did, he did what he wanted.
The RSS was just another Jamont, just fatter and lazy.