PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ole Miss,

PassInterference
02-22-2014, 02:09 AM
I am sick of your shit.

I have watched you revel in symbols of racism.

http://reverandandys.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/omconfederateflagsyq0.jpeg

(where are the black students in this picture)

I have watched you link Dixie to patriotism in a successful attempt to marry proud patriotism to your old south brand. This music is better known as "From Dixie With Love", a mesh of Dixie and the patriotic Battle Hymn Of The Republic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hID5Hu-SHxg

But that shit got banned by your own school because you couldn't contain racist old south attitudes that go along with it. After your band played that song your students insisted on shouting "The South will rise again".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bnA5dLWdio

You say your old south culture is an innocent tribute to hospitality and southern living. But your students can't stand not yelling in unison that there is a civil war era tie to that image - "The South Will Rise Again". So your somewhat wise leadership banned From Dixie With Love simply so your idiot students wouldn't yell "The South Will Rise Again" at the end of the song.

This was about as much of a cop-out as a previous administration implementing a "stick ban" at Vaugh Hemmingway Stadium because they couldn't muster the courage to ban the confederate flags that were waved on these sticks.

What you need to ban is YOU. Your old south bullshit has come to a head. You have tip toed around the issue for enough decades that you've run out of meaningless things to ban. You've banned sticks at your stadiums. You've banned Colonel Reb from appearing on athletic surfaces, though he still walks the grounds of The Grove. You've banned your band from playing From Dixie With Love, though they still play "Dixie" which is a satiracle song about a blackface slave being freed and longing to return to slavery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_(song)). Yes, Dixie is a song about freed slaves who think they were better off under the slavery of the confederacy. That's your war cry? Really???

Yes, Ole Miss carries one of the lower ACT averages of Our State's big 3 schools. You may not realize this history of Dixie. You certainly feel that Dixie embodies the pride you have in Ole Miss. But that is revisionist thinking. Dixie means something entirely different to most of Mississippi and our nation. Yet you brandish that shit with pride while the rest of the state and our country collectively ask, "what the ****".

While good people of our nation are raising an eyebrow of concern, racists that inevitably exist in our country are chomping at the bit to enroll at Ole Miss so that one day they can put a noose around a James Meredith statue or maybe throw a beverage at an African American student and yell racial slurs (http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/21/us/mississippi-meredith-statue/index.html?hpt=hp_t2). Or maybe key the side of an African American's vehicle to intimidate them (http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/20046399/racist-attacks-against-ole-miss-student).

I know most of you simply love your school and embrace whatever image that school claims. Well, in doing so, you are embracing cancer. If cancer were your body's identity would you embrace it and promote it just because you love your body? Of course not. Cancer kills. Cancer must be removed. Surgery usually isn't simple or pretty.

I've seen your women, Ole Miss, and they are beautiful. But if their tits have cancer, you've got to cut them off. Look pretty and die, or live another day? You tell me. No, I'll tell you. Like I said earlier, I'm sick of your shit. You try to look pretty, but you are a cancer to Our State. Your bullshit must be removed.

Lose the old south shit, and MAYBE our state (no capital letters) can thrive. Quit playing Dixie and MAYBE Mississippi can be seen as a state grown up some 150 years after the civil war. Quit being "Ole Miss" and maybe yahoos across the south will quit aspiring to attend Ole Miss and embarrass all of us. Quit being "Ole Miss"...and, selfishly I admit, maybe ESPN will quit confusing the University of Mississippi with Mississippi State University (ever hear of Ole Mich for Michigan State University? I didn't think so).

In short, GROW. THE. ****. UP.

PI, out.

Political Hack
02-22-2014, 10:00 AM
hotty toddy got a boo boo.

ShotgunDawg
02-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Everybody wants OM to change their traditions, but for goodness sakes,the name of the school is Ole Miss, which are words taken directly out of the song Dixie.

I seen it dawg
02-22-2014, 10:27 AM
The name of the school is University of Mississippi. They choose Ole Miss.

hacker
02-22-2014, 10:35 AM
I think you mean James Meredith, not Medgar Evers.

ShotgunDawg
02-22-2014, 11:00 AM
The name of the school is University of Mississippi. They choose Ole Miss.

I agree, but just making the point that solving this problem isn't just getting rid of a song or the "Rebels". It involves changing the entire identity in which the school is known.

PassInterference
02-22-2014, 11:44 AM
I agree, but just making the point that solving this problem isn't just getting rid of a song or the "Rebels". It involves changing the entire identity in which the school is known.

Yes. They need that.

PassInterference
02-22-2014, 11:44 AM
I think you mean James Meredith, not Medgar Evers.

Face palm.

Fixed.

PendingTransaction
02-22-2014, 12:57 PM
I think Ole Miss is just fine. People who embrace the "old south" need a place to go. I sure as hell do want more of them in Starkville..

TheRef
02-22-2014, 01:32 PM
I think Ole Miss is just fine. People who embrace the "old south" need a place to go. I sure as hell do want more of them in Starkville..

Wait....you want people who embrace the "Old South"? I don't understand what you are saying. If that's what you're saying, then you are sorely mistaken.

Mr. Underhill
02-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Are you high or just retarded?

Sticks were banned because it's unconstitutional to ban a flag of any sort, professor.

Also, maybe you should worry about why Starkville PD sets up shop outside Level 3 every time they're open. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation that has nothing to do with the fact that it's a predominantly African American club.

Seriously, this is the dumbest thing I have ever read ion the internet. Congratulations. You've accomplished what was previously thought impossible.

mstatefan91
02-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Sticks were banned because it's unconstitutional to ban a flag of any sort, professor.

Also, maybe you should worry about why Starkville PD sets up shop outside Level 3 every time they're open. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation that has nothing to do with the fact that it's a predominantly African American club.

Seriously, this is the dumbest thing I have ever read ion the internet. Congratulations. You've accomplished what was previously thought impossible.

Bear alert

Gen. Grant
02-22-2014, 09:11 PM

Butt hurt much? Worry about your own you racist piece of shit.

notsofarawaydawg
02-22-2014, 09:26 PM

What? Police? Level 3? African American Club? If it were not for the African American clubs in the city of Columbus, the Police would not have anything to do in the early mornings. They are places where trouble occurs every 10 minutes. We have an African American Police Chief and he does it all the time. How is that racist?

BeardoMSU
02-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Jesus Christ......

Let's not go here, please.

TheRef
02-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Lock it before it goes there...please for God's sake.

BeardoMSU
02-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes, please.

This thread is ****ing stupid to begin with. Just what is being proven here?

I'm sure we don't have to lower ourselves to such petty quibbling. It's the equivalent of....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/64f9e8e2db99fd9115a8707b3045aa11/tumblr_mtpvtoVG6l1r7g5fko1_500.gif

Dawg61
02-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Wait....you want people who embrace the "Old South"? I don't understand what you are saying. If that's what you're saying, then you are sorely mistaken.

Pretty sure he had a typo. At least I hope he did.

I seen it dawg
02-22-2014, 10:33 PM
And that's all. Couldn't take it any more huh rebel? Your time here is up