PDA

View Full Version : B Hyche Follow up letter

mic
02-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Hello again Dawgs. I just wanted to briefly follow up on last week's article before tomorrow. As most all of you know, I wear my emotions on my sleeve and I guess it shows up in my writing as it did on the court. I want to be clear that I wasn't trying to compare Rick Ray to Rick Stansbury; but I see how some could have taken it that way. Stans is one of the Top 10 winningest coaches in SEC history. He deserves (as I stated numerous times 2 years ago) credit where credit is due. Thanks again Stans for putting our program on the map as an assistant and a head man. I was simply stating facts. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Rick Stansbury did a lot for MSU, just as so many other coaches, players, fans and staff members have over the years. We are ALL in this together and this team needs us badly right now. That's truly what I wanted people to get out of the article.

I am writing this today to remind everyone about the Arkansas game tomorrow. Other than Tyrone and I, I'm not sure which former players will be in Starkville. But I do know the current MSU players and staff will be there for sure and hopefully, we will show them what The Hump can be. Many people simply do not understand how hard these kids work and they deserve for their fan base to step up when they are struggling. And yes, they are struggling. The jury is still out on Rick Ray. But I must say I met Coach Ray in Auburn and I was thoroughly impressed. If he gets a couple more players then watch out 'cuz he knows basketball. But recruits need to see butts in the seats before they will come. Trust me, I went through the recruiting process.
Players feed off of home crowds, anyone who doesn't agree with that simply never played and doesn't get it. These are KIDS...Not professionals.

A good friend of mine reminded me of something this week though. No matter what, we are all Bulldawgs that must stick together. Thanks Pete. Let's unite and beat Arkansas as we build for the future. Hope to see you all tomorrow. Let's fill up The Hump!!

-Former MSU Player Bart Hyche

BullDog
02-21-2014, 08:21 PM
"But I must say I met Coach Ray in Auburn and I was thoroughly impressed. If he gets a couple more players then watch out 'cuz he knows basketball."

Coach Ray knows Basketball. I agree 100.

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 09:21 PM
would love to see what Ray could do with a few studs and some solid role players.

whosyourdawgy
02-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Recruit some players then. He doesn't have Stans to recruit players for him anymore so he better get some of his own that are worth a damn. And Bart back tracking on Stans is *****fied! He laid the wood last week and now backs off?

Bully13
02-21-2014, 11:57 PM
stans is going to land somewhere and bitch slap us while 34 gives ED nation an emotional rescue. I've never in my 51 years of living seen us suck this bad.. I never thought it could be this bad.. God we Suck. ...supporting rick ray at this point reminds me of john belushi's inspirational speach in animal house.... "germans"...heh heh..

mic
02-22-2014, 02:54 AM
Recruit some players then. He doesn't have Stans to recruit players for him anymore so he better get some of his own that are worth a damn. And Bart back tracking on Stans is *****fied! He laid the wood last week and now backs off?

He has been here 18 months.. we have a good class coming in next year.. And yeah an ex player asking us to support OUR basketball program and get behind our team is really is "*****fied".. Its bullshit comments like this that makes the REAL fans of the program so upset..

Dawgface
02-22-2014, 07:54 AM
He has been here 18 months.. we have a good class coming in next year.. And yeah an ex player asking us to support OUR basketball program and get behind our team is really is "*****fied".. Its bullshit comments like this that makes the REAL fans of the program so upset..

Yep.

I seen it dawg
02-22-2014, 09:43 AM
stans is going to land somewhere and bitch slap us while 34 gives ED nation an emotional rescue. I've never in my 51 years of living seen us suck this bad.. I never thought it could be this bad.. God we Suck. ...supporting rick ray at this point reminds me of john belushi's inspirational speach in animal house.... "germans"...heh heh..

You've got the 2 stupidest post of the year.

bully99
02-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Because you don't agree with his post, that makes him stupid. ?? Or you?

I seen it dawg
02-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Because you don't agree with his post, that makes him stupid. ?? Or you?

His post is stupid. I didn't say he was I don't know him. If you can't read that makes you stupid.

Coach34
02-22-2014, 12:53 PM
His post is pretty stupid.

Hearing Stands is the darkhorse at Auburn- they have two targets ahead of him at this point- and that if they make a change. Barbee has a shot to save his job- and that begins today.

Coach34
02-22-2014, 12:54 PM

now see- this is an example of an intelligent post

whosyourdawgy
02-22-2014, 02:41 PM
I like Rick Ray I think he can coach and I think he gets his players to play hard every game. And he deserves his 4 year contract to get it right. My point is next year is year 3. You say he has a good class coming in next season. I'm sure you follow football recruiting closely. Probably know where we are ranked nationals and in the SEC. Where does next years basketball class rank nationally? Ray has got to do better period. We need somebody that can actually shoot a basketball. Don't feed me the Jacobi Davis BS. We have one recruit in the bunch that can shoot that I actually love but is not ranked highly or thought of that highly. Other than that we are gonna be pitiful beyond the arch again next year. We should improve inside drastically and actually have some depth so that will make is better. Ray gets 4 years with me so he has one more recruiting class to get it going. We need to show major improvement next season and make the NIT and if he pulls the miracle of all miracles for Newman with Sword, Ware, and Smith as seniors make the NCAA in year 4.

Now as far as my *****fied comment on Bart Hyxhe. He wrote a letter, dogging the shit out of Stansbury and the coaches he played under while giving the praise to Ray and asking for support. Then he writes another one the following week basically trying to change his tune on Stans. Screw that. He doesn't like the man which is obvious. Don't ***** out and crawfish. Stand up like coach does and maintain your true feelings. If you are gonna write articles that are published and give your opinions you can't do that or your opinions won't mean shit.

Mutt the Hoople
02-22-2014, 09:40 PM

Do you remember the Bob Boyd years? The first 2-3 Richard Williams years? Both were excellent coaches, but bad recruiters. If we look like ass next season, Ray has no excuse.

Dawg61
02-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Do you remember the Bob Boyd years? The first 2-3 Richard Williams years? Both were excellent coaches, but bad recruiters. If we look like ass next season, Ray has no excuse.

Hey Mutt welcome to the board!