PDA

View Full Version : New York Times slam TSUN

FISHDAWG
02-21-2014, 05:20 PM
sitting in the Dallas / Ft Worth airport this am I picked up a paper laying beside me and it was Fridays edition of the New York Times (please note that I did not pay good money for that lousy paper) ... and a lengthy article pretty much slamming the university caught my attention ... to lazy to look the link up but it is worth the read .... it's no longer a local or regional thing, it's gone national

EAVdog
02-21-2014, 05:39 PM
This is what makes me crazy. Those numbnuts make us all look bad. I've worked up North and did my best to dispel all the bs thrown my way about the South. But 3 goofballs at Ole Miss wipe out any progress I ever made.

I've never been in the camp that thought they needed to change their entire identity before but I'm starting to think it might be necessary.

No 'Ole Miss', no 'Red and Blue', no 'Colonel Reb', no 'Confederate Drive' etc... They are reinforcing every bad stereotype and even creating some new ones.

slickdawg
02-21-2014, 07:18 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/us/racist-episodes-continue-to-stir-ole-miss-campus.html?_r=0