PDA

View Full Version : CNN Don Lemon

slickdawg
02-21-2014, 02:08 PM
has Adam Ganuchau (sp) of the Daily Mississippian on, spinning like crazy. Of course answers include "other universities all across the southeast"

Really? Name five.

messageboardsuperhero
02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
If this shit happens "everywhere," then why do we never hear about it happening at MSU?

I'm not saying we're some racial utopia, but we just never hear about white students at State pulling this stupid shit.

The one thing that I can think of that's even close to this type of stuff is when an opposing outfielder claimed that fans in the outfield were saying racial slurs to him, but that was over 20 years ago. Also, I think Demarcus Cousins said that our students got his phone number several years ago and talked shit to him before the game in Starkville and possibly used some slurs, but this stuff does not happen NEARLY as regularly at State as it does at UM.

Pollodawg
02-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Seriously. Give me just a handful of instances that this has happened at other SEC schools.......You can name maybe that fat, white olineman at Auburn a couple of years back, but that's about it.

Bully Dee Williams
02-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Assuming that this stuff does happen at other schools doesn't make what's happening at Ole Miss alright. That is the same type of logic a 6 year old uses when they get caught doing something they aren't supposed to do.

The fact remains that only one school in the Southeast still proudly embraces symbols and ideals from the old South. It's ridiculous that Ole Miss is trying to deflect this issue. Put your money where your mouth is scumbags and make a real change. As long as you hold onto Ole Miss, Rebels, etc., you are going to spawn acts that are hateful and disgraceful.

rabbitthedawg
02-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Man...don't worry about it being on CNN. Their ratings numbers a horrible. Fox has more viewers than CNN MSNBC and all the other cable news networks put together. In other words, no one watches them.

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Everyone: "you did something wrong"
Ole Miss: "it happens other places too."

Instead of admitting wrong doing they're actually defending the actions as "normal" because they believe it happens elsewhere... although that's also a failing argument because it doesn't happen anywhere else nearly as much as it happens at Ole Miss.

bully99
02-21-2014, 03:46 PM
I had to stop reading when I saw don lemon. Kook. Twitter says likely no charges.

RossDawg82
02-21-2014, 04:03 PM
TSUN will claim that no charges means that nothing wrong happened. The bottom line is that they are a bunch a racist, egotistical, ass holes who think they are the kings of the world and can do whatever they please without repercussions. Im sick of them spinning this as either its going on everywhere or its not that big of a deal. They need to take that school to the Jersey Shore and let them live with their own kind. Let us real humans be and get the hell out of my state.

Snowman79
02-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Didn't they have linemen making racial slurs toward opposing linemen during a game in the early 2000s? Seems like it was OM Oline vs LSU Dline.

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Didn't they have linemen making racial slurs toward opposing linemen during a game in the early 2000s? Seems like it was OM Oline vs LSU Dline.

wouldn't shock me. they had basketball players making racial slurs at our head coach in 2014.

BeardoMSU
02-21-2014, 09:47 PM
And with Cousins, there is no guarantee all of those who called his phone were white. That was not a racial issue, it was just our fans being stupid; and he paid us back for it (call me**).

BeardoMSU
02-21-2014, 09:49 PM
When all the old baby boomers die off, Faux's viewership will be cut in half.

dogshiek
02-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Nobody is watching CNBC or CNN.

PMDawg
02-21-2014, 10:14 PM

Yeah, and if you like your current HC plan and Dr, you can keep them! I don't want to get into this debate, but it's not an old vs young thing and never will be. Just accept that there are differing views and deal with it. "Faux" news is worse than old miss webels or some other stupid kindergarten sounding bullshit. This isn't the forum.

PMDawg
02-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Man...don't worry about it being on CNN. Their ratings numbers a horrible. Fox has more viewers than CNN MSNBC and all the other cable news networks put together. In other words, no one watches them.

Same for you. This isn't the forum.

BeardoMSU
02-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Awe, don't be like that, baby cakes.

Fwiw, there was a slight ting of sarcasm in what I said; perhaps I should have used some sarcasterics****

dogshiek
02-21-2014, 10:31 PM
BTW The ole miss mouthpiece dodged the question on whatever network.

Will James
02-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Made the Drudge site

Drugdog
02-22-2014, 08:36 AM

Keep on living in your fantasy world.
How about this Economy?? Isn't it great???

shannondawg
02-22-2014, 08:57 AM

They would probably have to threaten to fire their boy Shep to get him to bring up the story on Fox News.

elitedawgs
02-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Here is the interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQ3bFugl4I