PDA

View Full Version : Starkville High School football

ShotgunDawg
02-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Paul said something very interesting this morning.

It is not a done deal, but there is a chance that Alec Murphy and his mom move to Starkville and Alec plays at Starkville HS next season. Combine that with the New Hope QB transferring to Starkville next season, and there is an outside chance that Starkville HS is legitimately bad ass next season.

6A football may have this coming at them soon.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1482901/highlights/92761375

DawgPoundRock
02-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Good ole shs football..I remember when coach lee took us to the state championship in 01-02 year we had a stout squad

msstate7
02-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Good ole shs football..I remember when coach lee took us to the state championship in 01-02 year we had a stout squad

I remember when shs stole my hs coach (chuck friend) and won 2 straight championships. Milons helped

West Houston Dog
02-21-2014, 11:53 AM
MSU football was not very good back then and we used to joke our SHS Yellowjacket team could beat our Bulldogs

Ifyouonlyknew
02-21-2014, 12:04 PM
I remember when shs stole my hs coach (chuck friend) and won 2 straight championships. Milons helped

I was in jr high when Coach Friend left. Neshoba Central hasn't been the same since.

Homedawg
02-21-2014, 12:06 PM

Yes shs won two straight championships w coach friend but neither were won w milons as qb. The first Kevin Randall was qb. The second was w surhaven fair under center.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Chris Rice & Antwan Edwards were the stars on his 1st team at Starkville.

Homedawg
02-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Chris Rice & Antwan Edwards were the stars on his 1st team at Starkville.

Correct. And the defense was loaded.

MzTerry
02-21-2014, 12:50 PM

my brother played for that team - i was in junior high at the time. that team was so fun to watch. the north half game was one of the best football games i've ever seen.

Todd4State
02-21-2014, 01:05 PM
There have been rumors of Murphy transferring to Mississippi for awhile now. I hope he takes Cornell from Minnesota to Starkville with him.

Coach34
02-21-2014, 01:09 PM
One of the funniest stories I ever heard from my coaching days:

Grenada was playing Starkville. Hitchcock at Grenada and Friend at Starkville knew each other but were kind of "rivals" (nobody can actually say they really "like" Neil Hitchcock. He's about 6'3, 320 and the loudest SOB you will ever meet). Starkville was laying a whoopin on Grenada and just letting the clock bleed out late in the 4th. Hitchcock, as usual, had to take out his frustration on someone. So Hitch burns all 3 of his time-outs with under 2 minutes while losing by 20 points. During the time-outs he is just blistering the officials. He keeps hollering "Kisssssssss meeeeeeee.....Kisssssssss meeeeeee....kissssssssssssssssssss meeeeeeeeeeeeeee....cause you screwin meeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

I only worked for him for one season, but I can still hear that big SOB yelling at everybody

notsofarawaydawg
02-21-2014, 01:25 PM

I was the game camera guy while Coach Friend was there. Wasn't a student, just the husband of a staff member. Hung onto the side of many press boxes back then.

bulldawg28
02-21-2014, 03:36 PM

Freddie was a sophmore when Chuck won his last championship. It was the Fair show those years.

M.Fillmore
02-21-2014, 03:51 PM
I only worked for him for one season, but I can still hear that big SOB yelling at everybody

C34, did Hitchcock ever regret leaving Mendenhall? He has some stout teams there. There was a six or seven year run where the winner of the Magee-Mendenhall game advanced to the state finals. He left Mendenhall for Grenada.

The last time I saw Hitch he was an assistant for a not-good McLaurin team.