PDA

View Full Version : So much for the Bafoom theory that State people involved in "Statue-gate"

bannedwayne
02-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Some sort of internal OM news release.

Looks like the statue vandals were out-of-state students from Georgia.

https://secure1.olemiss.edu/tools/userfiles/rmwhitti-300-M6RcRKkJ.html

Coach34
02-21-2014, 10:14 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140221/NEWS/140221003

3 Ole Miss freshmen suspects in Meredith statue desecration

Original48
02-21-2014, 10:14 AM
"Sellers said the $25,000 reward offered by the university’s alumni association has been instrumental in bringing quick results in the investigation, generating numerous leads."

YES!!! Now if they could just think of a strategy to uncover who almost beat those two boys to death..

RossDawg82
02-21-2014, 10:15 AM
I wonder if they just happen to drive a black truck?

jimbo352
02-21-2014, 10:17 AM
"Sellers said the $25,000 reward offered by the university’s alumni association has been instrumental in bringing quick results in the investigation, generating numerous leads."

YES!!! Now if they could just think of a strategy to uncover who almost beat those two boys to death..

LOL... Found these little assholes quick, but no one saw the fight... :rolleyes:

bannedwayne
02-21-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm curious as to how Coach34 is passing himself off as an OM Freshman from GA?

codeDawg
02-21-2014, 10:21 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140221/NEWS/140221003

3 Ole Miss freshmen suspects in Meredith statue desecration

Wait, Coach. You're 19 and you go to UM? I'm confused.

messageboardsuperhero
02-21-2014, 10:26 AM
LOL... Found these little assholes quick, but no one saw the fight... :rolleyes:

Yep. They quickly find the people involved in this within a few days- but after searching for over a year, the campus police still can't identify any of the people who nearly beat two of their students to death at a crowded party with many potential witnesses... Yeah, right. I call bullshit.

ckDOG
02-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Some sort of internal OM news release.

Looks like the statue vandals were out-of-state students from Georgia.

https://secure1.olemiss.edu/tools/userfiles/rmwhitti-300-M6RcRKkJ.html

Georgia has been a pain in their ass as of late. Guess that's what happen when the university's existence is based on selling the party and a campus with pretty trees and women. The dumb kids from Georgia that can't get into UGA can get accepted at OM. When you attract a bunch of stupid kids that show up to campus for the wrong reasons, they do stupid things. I bet Crunchy Mike was an out of stater, too.

CadaverDawg
02-21-2014, 10:31 AM

EliteDawgs aka magicianDawgs

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm sure Mark Richt put them up to it as revenge for them getting Tunsil.***

Original48
02-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Georgia has been a pain in their ass as of late. Guess that's what happen when the university's existence is based on selling the party and a campus with pretty trees and women. The dumb kids from Georgia that can't get into UGA can get accepted at OM. When you attract a bunch of stupid kids that show up to campus for the wrong reasons, they do stupid things. I bet Crunchy Mike was an out of stater, too.
I can't stop laughing

CooterDavenport
02-21-2014, 10:47 AM

Easy. He just wears a hat.

blacklistedbully
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Not that it's a big deal, but I found it interesting the official UM version of the news article was the Clarion Ledger's version, but with, "Ole Miss" redacted, so that it read, "Three 19-year-old white male freshmen from Georgia", instead of the original, "Three 19-year-old white male Ole Miss freshmen from Georgia".

While one might argue the UM piece was edited simply to remove the obvious, it bears noting they did, however, keep, "University of Mississippi" in when describing the James Meredith statue they love to hold up as proof of their racial tolerance, and when mentioning the Chief of Staff and General Counsel who were doggedly pursuing these, cough, cough, outsiders from Georgia.

Does anybody else think it a bit obvious both the CL and UM felt it was key to emphasize these guys were from Georgia? Call me cynical, but to me it smacks of the same old propaganda attempt to limit the damage we've come to expect from OM.

Additionally, though they're clearly eager to tie the $25k reward to UM (was their alumni assoc) as instrumental in catching these guys, I wonder if that's a 2-edged-sword, as it can now be argued that it required a pay-off to get their community to do the right thing. Seems to me the fact that the reward, "generated numerous leads" also means there were numerous OM folks who knew who it was, but weren't saying a damn thing until it became about money instead of moral outrage.

bannedwayne
02-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Not that it's a big deal, but I found it interesting the official UM version of the news article was the Clarion Ledger's version, but with, "Ole Miss" redacted, so that it read, "Three 19-year-old white male freshmen from Georgia", instead of the original, "Three 19-year-old white male Ole Miss freshmen from Georgia".

While one might argue the UM piece was edited simply to remove the obvious, it bears noting they did, however, keep, "University of Mississippi" in when describing the James Meredith statue they love to hold up as proof of their racial tolerance, and when mentioning the Chief of Staff and General Counsel who were doggedly pursuing these, cough, cough, outsiders from Georgia.

Does anybody else think it a bit obvious both the CL and UM felt it was key to emphasize these guys were from Georgia? Call me cynical, but to me it smacks of the same old propaganda attempt to limit the damage we've come to expect from OM.

Additionally, though they're clearly eager to tie the $25k reward to UM (was their alumni assoc) as instrumental in catching these guys, I wonder if that's a 2-edged-sword, as it can now be argued that it required a pay-off to get their community to do the right thing. Seems to me the fact that the reward, "generated numerous leads" also means there were numerous OM folks who knew who it was, but weren't saying a damn thing until it became about money instead of moral outrage.

In my opinion, the fact that the kids are from GA is about the only fact they were able to gather/report. They obviously want to get everything out there that they can, so this makes sense to me.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-21-2014, 10:58 AM
They are good boys, never hurt anybody.****

quickstrike2
02-21-2014, 11:00 AM

Haha aint that the truth. And if Chris Jones show us at a frat house on a January night the can recognize him in a heartbeat, but the Nkemdiche are unrecognizable.

curmudgeon
02-21-2014, 11:00 AM
I bet Crunchy Mike was an out of stater, too.

He was. He was from Georgia.

No lie.

TheRef
02-21-2014, 11:01 AM
They are good boys, never hurt anybody.****

Just the good ol boys/ Never meaning no harm.

RBritt
02-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Are they from Hazzard county?

BrunswickDawg
02-21-2014, 11:12 AM
It's all part of our plan here in GA. Ruin Ole Miss, just cause we can**

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-21-2014, 11:13 AM
What are the chances they're KA's?

Coach34
02-21-2014, 11:19 AM
What are the chances they're KA's?

that would be hilarious

Coach34
02-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Also- can anybody tell me in what state the Kimchees went to HS?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-21-2014, 11:43 AM
that would be hilarious
Would they have been in rush for 2013? I found the KA website for om and you can search by year to find members by their initiation date....

RougeDawg
02-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Also- can anybody tell me in what state the Kimchees went to HS?

GA

Coach34
02-21-2014, 12:37 PM
people from Georgia sure do make it tough on the Confederates

CooterDavenport
02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Are they from Hazzard county?

They're not my cousins. Must be Roscoe's kin.