PDA

View Full Version : Offseason workouts

BruceWayne
02-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Has anyone heard anything about offseason workouts? Also I heard Chris Jones has lost some weight and will start at DE in Autry's old spot. Anyone else hearing that?

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 09:54 AM
DBs seem to be shaping up ok.

BruceWayne
02-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Chiseled.

thf24
02-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Haven't heard that, but it sounds good to me. Really I'd like to see him shift around on the line like he did last season. I'd be excited to see what he and Nick James can do side by side.

Coach34
02-21-2014, 10:05 AM
With so many players back- we have the luxury of trying out quite a few people in different spots to see how they perform.

If Jones is being looked to move to DE- that means the coaches are feeling really good about Nick James. Can you imagine having them on the left side of our D playing to their potential?

Cowbellringer
02-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Best offseason we've ever had. This team works harder than any in my 20 years of coaching. Strong group of Seniors that have shown tremendous amounts of leadership in the weight room. This is the fastest and strongest team we've had since I've been here. Guys are really going the extra mile.

Rinse. Repeat.

messageboardsuperhero
02-21-2014, 10:07 AM
With so many players back- we have the luxury of trying out quite a few people in different spots to see how they perform.

If Jones is being looked to move to DE- that means the coaches are feeling really good about Nick James

This was my initial reaction as well.

msstate7
02-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Has anyone heard anything about offseason workouts? Also I heard Chris Jones has lost some weight and will start at DE in Autry's old spot. Anyone else hearing that?
I would guess Chris jones will lineup at de and dt. He's gonna show versatility and be a top 10 pick

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-21-2014, 11:02 AM
There seems to always be a pic of some position group come out around this time of year for everyone to ooh and awe over...wake me up when they put on the pads.

slickdawg
02-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Nick Griffin tweeted this morning that nobody is working harder in the off season than we are.

Bass Chaser
02-21-2014, 11:16 AM
I would guess Chris jones will lineup at de and dt. He's gonna show versatility and be a top 10 pick

This is exactly how the Eagles are using Fletcher Cox except they put him over the center some too.

smootness
02-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Yep, if we are putting him at DE, that means we're not that concerned about people gameplanning away from him our double-teaming him. Which means that Nick James looks good and that we like what we have elsewhere, too, specifically Preston Smith, PJ Jones, Kaleb Eulls.

While I personally like Jones a little more at DT, I know he sees himself as a DE; and a DL of Chris Jones, Nick James, Kaleb Eulls, and Preston Smith is potentially devastating.

Good luck double-teaming Chris Jones and having one-on-one with everybody else. Or good luck running away from Chris Jones and having Preston Smith blow you up.

msstate7
02-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Yep, if we are putting him at DE, that means we're not that concerned about people gameplanning away from him our double-teaming him. Which means that Nick James looks good and that we like what we have elsewhere, too, specifically Preston Smith, PJ Jones, Kaleb Eulls.

While I personally like Jones a little more at DT, I know he sees himself as a DE; and a DL of Chris Jones, Nick James, Kaleb Eulls, and Preston Smith is potentially devastating.

Good luck double-teaming Chris Jones and having one-on-one with everybody else. Or good luck running away from Chris Jones and having Preston Smith blow you up.

Gotta love the thought of this.