PDA

View Full Version : The Possum

msumudcat
05-03-2013, 10:11 AM
@bradlocke: Got dusty up in here real fast, y'all. RT @edsbs: Damn, Vince Gill chokes up in the middle of this: http://t.co/LIwAaKpy0a

The Croom Diaries
05-03-2013, 10:21 AM
They just don't make em like George Jones anymore. One of my all time favorites.

msumudcat
05-03-2013, 10:27 AM
You got that right brother!

Drugdog
05-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Damn pollen. My dads all time favorite singer. His favorite song was "he stopped loving her today". And he did in November 2008. God Bless You dad. I miss you. God Bless The Possum for that song too.

The Croom Diaries
05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
My uncle was married to George Jones' sister-in-law during the 90s - he told me a pretty cool story about Jones. He said that when he used to tour in the 60's & 70's he would have one of his people go purchase a sports car (i.e. '68 Mustang for $8K, guessing on price) and then find a storage space for it in that particular city, and pay the storage space off for 10 or 15 years. Then when the storage agreement was up, they would call and tell him it was time to empty his space - so in 1983 he would have a brand new '68 Mustang and he'd sell it for say $60K.

My uncle also got to have his 50th birthday party along with Jones' 65th. My dad went and said all the stars of country music were there. I wish I wasn't such a young whippersnapper back then and would have appreciated Jones and gone to the party - it would be an awesome story to tell today.