PDA

View Full Version : where will Standsbury end up?

preachermatt83
02-20-2014, 10:18 PM
my guess is Auburn... Some say Bama.. What say you ED?

Political Hack
02-20-2014, 10:20 PM
the fact he's still engaged with Pollard tells me it's not Bama.

preachermatt83
02-20-2014, 10:21 PM

That was my thinking as well.

Dawg61
02-20-2014, 10:35 PM

I have yet to see what's the big deal about Pollard. Yea I'd take him but I wouldn't expect anything more than a role player. At least with Sidney you'd see flashes of elite ability.

hells bells
02-20-2014, 11:20 PM
I have yet to see what's the big deal about Pollard. Yea I'd take him but I wouldn't expect anything more than a role player. At least with Sidney you'd see flashes of elite ability.

Where ever Stan ends up I hope he drags Fat Ass Sidney with him. Spread the misery.

Coach34
02-20-2014, 11:26 PM
It's Auburn or the bus leagues for him...he's not going to get a good job somewhere

slickdawg
02-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Auburn, as Coach said earlier, he and their mindset are a perfect match.

engie
02-21-2014, 12:05 AM

Because at some point he quit evaluating and chasing winners and started chasing stars exclusively. He's apparently still doing that. Not that Pollard is anything above a 3* in reality. Thus why he isn't naming his next school. I thought what happened at Bama could have been the outlier -- but after a year of JUCO, it seems clear that it's just who Pollard is -- a good role player guy that was terribly misevaluated out of highschool.

Dawg61
02-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Because at some point he quit evaluating and chasing winners and started chasing stars exclusively. He's apparently still doing that. Not that Pollard is anything above a 3* in reality. Thus why he isn't naming his next school. I thought what happened at Bama could have been the outlier -- but after a year of JUCO, it seems clear that it's just who Pollard is -- a good role player guy that was terribly misevaluated out of highschool.

Maybe the real recruiters were Kirby and Stan Jones?

MarketingBully01
02-21-2014, 12:24 AM

Kirby was a big part of Stans success. He was the disciplinarian while Stans was still able to be the good guy. Once Kirby left, everything went down hill from there. I wish we would have given him a chance at the head job. He would have had a huge chance at succeeding. Heck of a guy too.

msstate7
02-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Kirby was a big part of Stans success. He was the disciplinarian while Stans was still able to be the good guy. Once Kirby left, everything went down hill from there. I wish we would have given him a chance at the head job. He would have had a huge chance at succeeding. Heck of a guy too.

Likes this post

Dawg61
02-21-2014, 12:28 AM
I wish we could add him to our staff right now. Double whatever Memphis is paying him.

engie
02-21-2014, 12:29 AM

His problems started before Kirby was gone. It just didn't manifest itself until he was gone. At least in recruiting. Can't give Stan Jones too much credit since he was only here for a year...but it definitely led to the best years in Stans' tenure...

MarketingBully01
02-21-2014, 12:33 AM
His problems started before Kirby was gone. It just didn't manifest itself until he was gone. At least in recruiting. Can't give Stan Jones too much credit since he was only here for a year...but it definitely led to the best years in Stans' tenure...

I agree to a point but Sidney really only responded to Kirby for the most part and Kirby was the big reason why Sidney was here. Almost have to wonder how Sidney would have turned out with Kirby coaching him. Plus Kirby coaching big men >>>>>>>>> then George Brooks.

engie
02-21-2014, 12:41 AM
I wish we could add him to our staff right now. Double whatever Memphis is paying him.

So pay him just as much if not more than Ray? You are losing it. We can't outbid Memphis for a basketball coach.

MarketingBully01
02-21-2014, 12:44 AM
So pay him just as much if not more than Ray? You are losing it. We can't outbid Memphis for a basketball coach.

Yeah, you are correct Engie. And the fact we were only paying $1 million for a head basketball coach even though we can afford much much more tells you why we ended in the situation we did.

engie
02-21-2014, 12:55 AM
Yeah, you are correct Engie. And the fact we were only paying $1 million for a head basketball coach even though we can afford much much more tells you why we ended in the situation we did.

We will be more attractive circumstantially and have alot more money to throw at it if the job needs to come open in the next few years with the SECNetwork money coming in.

My thing is -- what does it take to win in the SEC? Obviously everyone wins at UK -- and Donovan has been at Florida forever. Literally no one else is winning big in the conference. It may be time to think outside the box -- because "hottest midmajor coach" and "best recruiter around" has been consistently shot to shit in this conference.

Mizzou, Arky, Tennessee, Bama, Vandy, even Mizzou all WELL behind their historical norms... Ole Miss is really the only team in the damn conference that's overachieving relative to their history. Maybe Georgia. Still, neither is good enough to be in the NCAAs -- which has gotten ridiculously hard in the SEC despite teams being terrible.

Dawg61
02-21-2014, 12:56 AM

What's his salary at Memphis? I thought it'd be in the neighborhood of $250,000 but I didn't look it up. Obviously by saying double it I'm thinking it'd still be way below Ray's $1 mill.

engie
02-21-2014, 01:09 AM
What's his salary at Memphis? I thought it'd be in the neighborhood of $250,000 but I didn't look it up. Obviously by saying double it I'm thinking it'd still be way below Ray's $1 mill.

I think you'd be shocked at what it probably took to get him away from lifelong buddy Johnny Jones... I know he was making around $250 in Baton Rouge...

Dawg61
02-21-2014, 01:19 AM
I think you'd be shocked at what it probably took to get him away from lifelong buddy Johnny Jones... I know he was making around $250 in Baton Rouge...

Looked it up. Kirby makes $304,500 at Memphis. He left LSU to be close to his family and something crazy like 16 siblings. He donated a kidney to his sister too. So you don't think we could get Kirby for $500,000? Almost doubling what Memphis pays him.

ScottH
02-21-2014, 02:52 AM
I don't see Stans to another SEC school.

I think the dominoes are more likely to fall something like:
Tyndall to Auburn
Stans to USM

Dawgface
02-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Where ever Stan ends up I hope he drags Fat Ass Sidney with him. Spread the misery.

He would make a nice asst coach for Bury.