PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this story on Stands?

HailState39110
02-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Showing up in court and testifying that he would leave his 3 children with Devonta's mother? He is really going out of his way to secure Devonta 's signature . You gotta give it to the guy. He knows how to recruit

http://www.wjtv.com/story/24758562/woman-in-kemper-county-school-kidnapping-sentenced

Coach34
02-20-2014, 09:51 PM
that's why he is called "The Recruiter"

Dawg61
02-20-2014, 10:09 PM
OUCH! She got 25 years!!

TheDogFather
02-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Showing up in court and testifying that he would leave his 3 children with Devonta's mother? He is really going out of his way to secure Devonta 's signature . You gotta give it to the guy. He knows how to recruit

http://www.wjtv.com/story/24758562/woman-in-kemper-county-school-kidnapping-sentenced

Before she was sentenced, there was a plea for mercy from Pollard and her supporters, including former Mississippi State University men's head basketball coach Rick Stansbury and Pollard's ex-junior college coach Richard Mathis

Yeah Richard Mathis and all other supporters just care about the family because they have real emotional connections but Stansbury is an ass with only selfish ulterior motives.

The Stansbury bashing has become pathetic. Pathetic in the very definition of the word. So call me a troll again - getting good at that - edit my posts cause I disagree. I really don't give a shit.

All of the negativism has made these types of comments impotent.

The crotch grabbing and immature celebrations of anything loosely interpreted as Rick Stansbury's demise has reached childish proportions.

HailState39110
02-20-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm not bashing Stans. just found the story interesting that two days ago people were saying he had Pollard in the bag . He is a helluva guy and helluva coach in my book . I wish him success but it was time for him and MSU to part ways

thf24
02-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Before she was sentenced, there was a plea for mercy from Pollard and her supporters, including former Mississippi State University men's head basketball coach Rick Stansbury and Pollard's ex-junior college coach Richard Mathis

Yeah Richard Mathis and all other supporters just care about the family because they have real emotional connections but Stansbury is an ass with only selfish ulterior motives.

The Stansbury bashing has become pathetic. Pathetic in the very definition of the word. So call me a troll again - getting good at that - edit my posts cause I disagree. I really don't give a shit.

All of the negativism has made these types of comments impotent.

The crotch grabbing and immature celebrations of anything loosely interpreted as Rick Stansbury's demise has reached childish proportions.

So... I take it you see nothing the least bit unethical about this?

I don't like to see the Stansbury bashing either, but come on, you don't see anything wrong with testifying in court on behalf of the mother of a player you're obviously trying to recruit to whatever your next job is? It doesn't matter what his relationship is, the right thing to do would have been to stay out of it.

whosyourdawgy
02-20-2014, 10:58 PM
I will say this. Stansbury has known the Pollards for a while now. Devonta probably would've been a Bulldog if Stans had stayed the coach. If Devonta asked or his mom asked Rick to speak on her behalf, I don't see a problem with it. Everyone knew she was going to do a good bit of time. Stans and the other coach were there to try and sway a little less time. It didn't work and rightfully so. Beatch is crazy and pre meditatedly kidnapped a kid over some landand got scared and just left the little girl on the side of the road. That's F'd up. I think the minimum sentence she coulda gotten was 20 years so 25 is better than life.

Coach34
02-20-2014, 11:05 PM
I will say this. Stansbury has known the Pollards for a while now. Devonta probably would've been a Bulldog if Stans had stayed the coach.

Yet for some unknown reason- as well as Stands knew them as you say- Pollard didnt sign with State in the early signing period during November of his Sr year.

To everybody else in the world- that says Pollard was keeping his options open

Coach34
02-20-2014, 11:08 PM
So... I take it you see nothing the least bit unethical about this?

I don't like to see the Stansbury bashing either, but come on, you don't see anything wrong with testifying in court on behalf of the mother of a player you're obviously trying to recruit to whatever your next job is? It doesn't matter what his relationship is, the right thing to do would have been to stay out of it.

Good post

If that was Bruce Pearl and Pollard was rumored to be "in the bag" for him at his next job- people would call it for what it is. With Stands? It's because he is a Saint

TheDogFather
02-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Yet for some unknown reason- as well as Stands knew them as you say- Pollard didnt sign with State in the early signing period during November of his Sr year.

To everybody else in the world- that says Pollard was keeping his options open

Spoken like someone who is a close friend and confidant of the Pollards or someone who has inside knowledge of the recruiting details of Rick Stansbury's coaching staff.

Neither of which you have a single f***ing clue.

Therefore must simply be the continuance of the Freudian "Stands" temper tantrum.

Coach34
02-20-2014, 11:24 PM
the truth is no temper tantrum homey

TheDogFather
02-20-2014, 11:33 PM
the truth is no temper tantrum homey

Well. I don't see the Pollards asking you over for dinner. And I don't see Rick Stansbury calling you for recruiting advice. Hence the message board gig.

Homey.

Homedawg
02-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Well. I don't see the Pollards asking you over for dinner. And I don't see Rick Stansbury calling you for recruiting advice. Hence the message board gig.

Homey.

Good news for coach is had they invited him for dinner he'd be held for ransom. Sometimes the glass is half full!

Coach34
02-20-2014, 11:43 PM

Homey.

They have organized dinners in the clink? Maybe Stands should have asked me- he might still have a job

engie
02-20-2014, 11:48 PM
They have organized dinners in the clink? Maybe Stands should have asked me- he might still have a job

It's funny to me that people demand on going down this road EVERY SINGLE TIME his name comes up.

It doesn't even have to be negative about him for the Stansbury defense team to come running...

TheDogFather
02-20-2014, 11:51 PM
It's funny to me that people demand on going down this road EVERY SINGLE TIME his name comes up.

It doesn't even have to be negative about him for the Stansbury defense team to come running...

Pretty sure the road going began with the post. You don't want to talk about Stansbury? Don't bring him up.

mic
02-20-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't have children . But I know for a fact that if I did and I was going to testify on behalf of a family that I had know for just a few years , I would not say "I would feel comfortable leaving my children with her.." im sure the little 'burys were thrilled pops would let them hang with a kidnapper.
And Im sure the family and DP asked Stands to testify for them. But I would be willing to bet that if DP wasn't available next year and Coach Stands wasn't out job hunting this may not have gone down...

Dawg61
02-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Stansbury just wants his kids to get kidnapped

engie
02-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Pretty sure the road going began with the post. You don't want to talk about Stansbury? Don't bring him up.

If you weren't such a moron, you would have seen that the thread started with people giving Stans credit -- which you took as a slight and immediately went bitch mode crying about, thus prompting the entire negative direction of the thread.

People that put a former coach before a team and program are the worst kind of idiot -- and we've got a bunch of them. Congratulations on being a ringleader.

TheDogFather
02-21-2014, 12:04 AM
If you weren't such a moron, you would have seen that the thread started with people giving Stans credit -- which you took as a slight and immediately went bitch mode crying about, thus prompting the entire negative direction of the thread.

People that put a former coach before a team and program are the worst kind of idiot -- and we've got a bunch of them. Congratulations on being a ringleader.

He's really going out of his way to secure Devonta's signature.

Using the derogatory "stands" in the f***in title?

To his credit? Moronic doesn't begin to describe your response.

engie
02-21-2014, 12:13 AM

Ah -- so basically, you are going to bitch every time his name comes up regardless. Serious business. And you are going to draw him into every basketball thread period and start a bitchfest. This is my shocked face.

Calling him "the recruiter" = slight according to you.
Calling him "stands" = slight according to you.
Saying he's going out of his way to pick up a 5* = slight according to you.
What isn't a slight to the guy that left us with a virtual death penalty? What can people say that wouldn't hurt your feelings?

Enjoy your Auburn fandom, Meo. It's quite obvious that you are NOT a Mississippi State fan at this point in time.

Coach34
02-21-2014, 12:13 AM

Yes, Stands is known for his recruiting. It's the best thing he does as a coach

Stands told a judge he would let a kidnapper watch his children. A kidnapper that has a son he is going to sign if he can get employed. aGAIN I say- if that was Bruce Pearl, people would call it what it is. But with Stands- he's a Saint.

How is Stands "derogatory"?

TheDogFather
02-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Yes, Stands is known for his recruiting. It's the best thing he does as a coach

Stands told a judge he would let a kidnapper watch his children. A kidnapper that has a son he is going to sign if he can get employed. aGAIN I say- if that was Bruce Pearl, people would call it what it is. But with Stands- he's a Saint.

Coming from you, how is it not?

Coach34
02-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Ah -- so basically, you are going to bitch every time his name comes up regardless. Serious business. And you are going to draw him into every basketball thread period and start a bitchfest. This is my shocked face.

What isn't a slight to the guy that left us with a virtual death penalty? What can people say that wouldn't hurt your feelings?

Enjoy your Auburn fandom, Meo. It's quite obvious that you are NOT a Mississippi State fan at this point in time.

No shit. I need to post that email Meo wrote after my article on M&WNation a couple of years ago. If this isnt Meo- it's kind of sad

Coach34
02-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Coming from you, how is it not?

that's not an answer

TheDogFather
02-21-2014, 12:19 AM

Dude, do you have attention problems? How could he be drawn into a thread which was begun with him as the subject?

Stansbury is slighted at every opportunity with you and coach. Are you seriously trying to argue that is not the case!? ****ing bipolar

This is getting weird.

engie
02-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Dude, do you have attention problems? How could he be drawn into a thread which was begun with him as the subject?
Try to keep up. I'm talking all encompassing. You know -- exactly like you did when you "saw a bunch of shit that wasn't there" based on posting histories in the start of this thread. It's fine for you to jump to conclusions -- but I have "attention problems" when I do the same? That's ****ing rich.

Stansbury is slighted at every opportunity with you and coach. Are you seriously trying to argue that is not the case!? ****ing bipolar
Bipolar?

Show where I've EVER "slighted" Stansbury. Please. I'd love to see it.

Or better ****ing yet -- show where you've ever SUPPORTED Ray. You know, the guy CURRENTLY in charge of OUR basketball program...

My guess is that you can do neither.

This is getting weird.
"Weird" is showing up on a MISSISSIPPI STATE message board in support of a former coach that left us in a shitty situation -- while NEVER supporting the actual team...

I seen it dawg
02-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Hey Dogfather....

Stands,stands,stains,stains,stains,stands,stands,s tains,stains,stains,shitstains,shitstains.

Idiot.

Bo Darville
02-21-2014, 07:33 AM
OUCH! She got 25 years!!

It's not enough. If somebody kidnapped my daughter I would kill them. I say murder, rapes, and kidnappings that can be 100% proven deserve the death penalty.

TheDogFather
02-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Hey Dogfather....

Stands,stands,stains,stains,stains,stands,stands,s tains,stains,stains,shitstains,shitstains.

Idiot.

Hey coach. This is your answer to the derogatory comment.

thf24
02-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Any REAL bashing of Stansbury still going on (that isn't actually honest, fair criticism that's chosen not to be taken as such) is sad and disrespectful, and should have ended a long time ago. The instant, unconditional, heated defense that's mounted anytime his name is mentioned, even if it's in a neutral context, is just bizarre at this point.

Coach34
02-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Hey coach. This is your answer to the derogatory comment.

No- how is Stands derogatory?

Coach34
02-21-2014, 08:22 AM
The instant, unconditional, heated defense that's mounted anytime his name is mentioned, even if it's in a neutral context, is just bizarre at this point.

Abso-****ing-lutely

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 08:30 AM
the continual ripping of State's all time winningest head coach is absurd.

1) He doesn't coach here anymore.
2) He won us more basketball games than anyone else in our 100+ year history.
3) He was pushed out like a lot of people wanted.

So why in hell do we continue to rip the winningest coach in program history? He's not doing anything to harm this program at this point. If anyone should be pissed at anyone they need complain about 1) the people responsible for winning basket ball games now and/or 2) the fans who quit supporting the program during a transition phase.

Right now, today, Rick Stansbury is not a problem for our program. Right now, today, he's brought more wins to the Hump than anyone else. Can we please just thank him for his service and let the man have a little respect for he did accomplish?

Dawgface
02-21-2014, 08:41 AM

No wonder he lost control of our team. A person kidnaps a child and Bury recommends going lite on the punishment. Sounds about right.

TheDogFather
02-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Show where I've EVER "slighted" Stansbury. Please. I'd love to see it.

Or better ****ing yet -- show where you've ever SUPPORTED Ray. You know, the guy CURRENTLY in charge of OUR basketball program...

My guess is that you can do neither..

Didn't take long to find this one from you.

Because at some point he (Stansbury) quit evaluating and chasing winners and started chasing stars exclusively. He's apparently still doing that.

Or these from me

Rick Ray is not a good coach. Can he become one? Sure. But until results are shown we can't tell.

I can't remember once it being mentioned that Ray should lose his job.

Now in retrospect and reading some of your post history, I offer an apology to you on my statement of your level of Stansbury criticism. What I did find is that every time I got into a debate with the Stansbury bash wagon driver, Coach34 you always seem to be there to chime in. Guilt by association you could say.

Jack Lambert
02-21-2014, 08:51 AM

How are you going to pay 4100 bucks when you are in jail?

PMDawg
02-21-2014, 08:57 AM

So why in hell do we continue to rip the winningest coach in program history? He's not doing anything to harm this program at this point. If anyone should be pissed at anyone they need complain about 1) the people responsible for winning basket ball games now and/or 2) the fans who quit supporting the program during a transition phase.

Right now, today, Rick Stansbury is not a problem for our program. Right now, today, he's brought more wins to the Hump than anyone else. Can we please just thank him for his service and let the man have a little respect for he did accomplish?

No rational thought allowed. It's cooler to bash.

Look, I'm glad he's gone. I emailed Stricklin and voiced my opinion that it was time for him to go. But he's gone. He's no longer part of the debate. He did good things, he did shitty things. But he did more good than bad, he worked hard, and he loved our university. Time to stfu about him and move on like an adult. Coach34 keeps saying that "just like JWS, he will eventually be remembered fondly by MSU". Well constantly arguing about him only lengthens the time that takes. I'm talking to the haters and the defenders. Just drop it. Every basketball thread on here turns into a stansbury argument. Right now, rick ray should be being discussed. He's looking more and more like a bad hire. He can coach, but his recruiting has been subpar and next year his seat starts warming. This is totally independent of Stans. He had to go, so a hire had to be made. The only debate left is whether or not we made a god hire.

TheDogFather
02-21-2014, 09:02 AM
No- how is Stands derogatory?

I won't invest the time to find it but according to you, it is a funny nickname that eludes to his practice of coaching players to "stand" around.

But in the bigger picture for you to try and spew this garbage about you not being derogatory toward Stansbury is almost as believable as MSNBC

SallyStansbury
02-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Political Hack's post is very reasonable. Have a little respect. Rick was/is a nice dude. I wish him the best.

Coach34
02-21-2014, 09:24 AM
it is a funny nickname that refers to the irony of how his players tended to "stand" around in his "motion" offense.

fixed it for you

Coach34
02-21-2014, 09:30 AM

A) There was no "ripping" of him in this thread by me. I applauded his recruiting acumen. He is living up to his reputation as a good recruiter.

B) the continual defensive posts anytime his name gets mentioned on any subject borders on insanity. The man, his coaching career at State- his successes as well as failures, his future job prospects, etc....can still be talked about just like we do every other coach.

fishwater99
02-21-2014, 09:50 AM

Because at some point he (Stansbury) quit evaluating and chasing winners and started chasing stars exclusively. He's apparently still doing that.

Or these from me

Rick Ray is not a good coach. Can he become one? Sure. But until results are shown we can't tell.

Now in retrospect and reading some of your post history, I offer an apology to you on my statement of your level of Stansbury criticism. What I did find is that every time I got into a debate with the Stansbury bash wagon driver, Coach34 you always seem to be there to chime in. Guilt by association you could say.

If Ray doesn't sign a real outside shooting threat and two more post players that contribute next year, then he should be fired after next season.

Stands was a horrible floor coach and had no offensive game-plan besides that horrible "motion" offense.
He could recruit and teach defense when he had players that would listen, but that was it.
Stands should have been fired after he sold his soul to J-Money. His departure was long overdue...

engie
02-21-2014, 10:09 AM

And this is a senseless "bash" in what way?
So nobody can make an HONEST EVALUATION around here without your panties wadding up, Meo? There is ZERO BASH in what I said. It's an honest evaluation of reality.

So, I'll ask your ass again -- Show me where I have ever BASHED Stansbury?

Or these from me

AH -- those are glowing accommodations showing your unwavering support for our current basketball program. Truly**

What I find is that every time you open your mouth here, you lose your mind if our FORMER coach gets thrown under a bus(and even when he doesn't) -- but you have NO PROBLEM throwing our current coach and program under the same bus. Nice double-standard**

And like the thousands of Polk supporters literally 3 years before you, you are too dumb to see the ignorance of your position and the extent to which it hurts and holds back OUR program -- one you pretend that you love and care about -- over WHAT, exactly?

engie
02-21-2014, 10:18 AM
No rational thought allowed. It's cooler to bash.

Look, I'm glad he's gone. I emailed Stricklin and voiced my opinion that it was time for him to go. But he's gone. He's no longer part of the debate. He did good things, he did shitty things. But he did more good than bad, he worked hard, and he loved our university. Time to stfu about him and move on like an adult. Coach34 keeps saying that "just like JWS, he will eventually be remembered fondly by MSU". Well constantly arguing about him only lengthens the time that takes. I'm talking to the haters and the defenders. Just drop it. Every basketball thread on here turns into a stansbury argument. Right now, rick ray should be being discussed. He's looking more and more like a bad hire. He can coach, but his recruiting has been subpar and next year his seat starts warming. This is totally independent of Stans. He had to go, so a hire had to be made. The only debate left is whether or not we made a god hire.

This is where I disagree. He's still part of the debate because the culture and pieces he left us with played a VERY LARGE role in why this team is still in rebuild mode. Saying he's "no longer part of the debate" in year 2 is laughable. As is judging Ray's "ability to recruit" on having ONE FULL-CYCLE RECRUIT TOTAL on the floor. Stans' last 3 classes graced us with one apparent 4-year basketball player -- the unrecruited Roquez Johnson. Literally every other player either busted or transferred out.

Stans' name will be gone from the conversation once the mess he left us has had time to be fully rebuilt. In my opinion, that doesn't happen until next year. At which point, it's Ray's team -- and he will take all the criticism from it's performance going forward. That's my opinion. Year 3 = same expectations I always held for Stansbury.

MadDawg
02-21-2014, 10:20 AM
fixed it for you

It would be just like if everyone starting calling you Coach3/4 like I used to do on the pack. It's a play on your nickname that implies you are 3 quarters of a coach. Nothing deragotory mind you. Just a funny play on your name that implies you suck horribly as a coach.

MadDawg
02-21-2014, 10:21 AM
For the record, I do think the Stansbury defense here was a little over the top.

Coach34
02-21-2014, 10:26 AM
This is where I disagree. He's still part of the debate because the culture and pieces he left us with played a VERY LARGE role in why this team is still in rebuild mode. Saying he's "no longer part of the debate" in year 2 is laughable. As is judging Ray's "ability to recruit" on having ONE FULL-CYCLE RECRUIT TOTAL on the floor. Stans' last 3 classes graced us with one apparent 4-year basketball player -- the unrecruited Roquez Johnson. Literally every other player either busted or transferred out.

Stans' name will be gone from the conversation once the mess he left us has had time to be fully rebuilt. In my opinion, that doesn't happen until next year. At which point, it's Ray's team -- and he will take all the criticism from it's performance going forward. That's my opinion. Year 3 = same expectations I always held for Stansbury.

Exactly.

How can Stands still not be considered part of the equation when:

1) Ray has only had 1 full recruiting cycle
2) Stands left Ray 1 player that has been able to stay on the team
3) Stands left Ray 3 recruits

Coach34
02-21-2014, 10:29 AM
It would be just like if everyone starting calling you Coach3/4 like I used to do on the pack. It's a play on your nickname that implies you are 3 quarters of a coach. Nothing deragotory mind you. Just a funny play on your name that implies you suck horribly as a coach.

meh- some days I was 3/4ths....some days I was 5/4ths...it all evens out. Nothing to get panties in a wad over

Thick
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM

Even if he would have stayed, the shitstorm that he created was going to get worse. He had lost control of his team, and it was not coming back unless he cleaned house. He was not going to do it, so yes, he is responsible for where we are now as a program just like Polk and Sherrill when they departed. It's funny how people can make fun of Polk, a true legend in college baseball, but don't say a word about Stands who "accomplished" so much in his 14 years. That's ridiculous!!

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 10:37 AM

1) every coach who is fired leaves a program in a less than desirable state. It varies, but they wouldn't have been fired otherwise.
2) pointing out that the program was a dumpster fire when Ray took it over does not help make it a better program now. It's a pointless exercise to blame the floor when you're aiming for the ceiling.
3) Ray will get next next year and hopefully we'll see some major strides. That is the only thing that matters for our program right now. What is Ray going to do to turn it around?

At a certain point, and maybe it's this year for some and next year for others, we have to forget the terrible few last years if Stans and thank him for all the W's he brought us. I would hate to leave a school as the all time winningest coach and think that some fans hated my guts because the program fell apart right at the end.

engie
02-21-2014, 11:07 AM
1) every coach who is fired leaves a program in a less than desirable state. It varies, but they wouldn't have been fired otherwise.
2) pointing out that the program was a dumpster fire when Ray took it over does not help make it a better program now. It's a pointless exercise to blame the floor when you're aiming for the ceiling.
3) Ray will get next next year and hopefully we'll see some major strides. That is the only thing that matters for our program right now. What is Ray going to do to turn it around?

At a certain point, and maybe it's this year for some and next year for others, we have to forget the terrible few last years if Stans and thank him for all the W's he brought us. I would hate to leave a school as the all time winningest coach and think that some fans hated my guts because the program fell apart right at the end.

Yet that's the natural cycle of things.

People didn't decide they loved Jackie again until MULLEN took over and the team was actually out of the abyss. That was 6 years later. We're supposed to exalt Stansbury in two when the team still sucks -- at least 50% of which is his fault? Seriously? "Some people" are supposed to be over it that quickly -- before the team is even "fixed"? Hate to tell you -- you are fighting a losing battle with that one right now.

Pointing out that it was a dumpster fire when Ray took over DOES help make it a better program "now" because it buys him more time with those who haven't automatically decided he sucks on the front end that are then sabotaging his success from behind the scenes. The simple fact is, the failures of THIS team is at best 50% Rick Ray's fault. And that's being very generous to Stans in it's assessment.

Stansbury won't be fully "forgiven" with a large contingent of our fanbase until the team is actually good again. Doesn't matter how long that takes. It's just the reality of it.

Thick
02-21-2014, 11:07 AM
It's the way it fell apart. He would still be coaching at MSU, if he would have been a disciplinarian. Stands did not have the stomach for being the asshole that a coach has to be to earn respect from his players. It ended up embarrassing MSU and cost him his job.

ScoobaDawg
02-21-2014, 11:12 AM

Again well said. Some people just like stiring the pot though.

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Yet that's the natural cycle of things.

People didn't decide they loved Jackie again until MULLEN took over and the team was actually out of the abyss. That was 6 years later. We're supposed to exalt Stansbury in two when the team still sucks -- at least 50% of which is his fault? Seriously? "Some people" are supposed to be over it that quickly -- before the team is even "fixed"? Hate to tell you -- you are fighting a losing battle with that one right now.

Pointing out that it was a dumpster fire when Ray took over DOES help make it a better program "now" because it buys him more time with those who haven't automatically decided he sucks on the front end that are then sabotaging his success from behind the scenes. The simple fact is, the failures of THIS team is at best 50% Rick Ray's fault. And that's being very generous to Stans in it's assessment.

Stansbury won't be fully "forgiven" with a large contingent of our fanbase until the team is actually good again. Doesn't matter how long that takes. It's just the reality of it.

I understand the position we're in and understand why people would blame Rick (me included), but we're kicking the shit out of a dead horse. A lot. Ray will have his time.

engie
02-21-2014, 11:48 AM
I understand the position we're in and understand why people would blame Rick (me included), but we're kicking the shit out of a dead horse. A lot. Ray will have his time.

I just disagree about us being at that point yet. Not when the current condition of the team is still largely, if not majority, attributable to the former coach. While this season is still going on, he's still going to shoulder some rightful blame.

Starting next year, I will agree with you that it's a dead horse and it's time to move on fully and that virtually none of our problems at the point would any longer be attributable to him. At that point, we can rightfully start talking about celebrating him for what he was and what he accomplished here...

drunkernhelldawg
02-21-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm not gonna read the shitty argument in this thread but I just want to say that his willingness to testify shows a level of loyalty and character that you don't run across every day.

Coach34
02-21-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm not gonna read the shitty argument in this thread but I just want to say that his willingness to testify shows a level of loyalty and character that you don't run across every day.

If Bruce Pearl had done this would you say the same thing?

drunkernhelldawg
02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
If Bruce Pearl had done this would you say the same thing?

I'm not sharp enough to get why I wouldn't.

shannondawg
02-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Has a thread been opened by praising Stansbury in recent memory? No! Its always one where he is either mocked, demeaned or blamed. Hence the thread comes alive with people defending Stansbury and then the ditto heads chiming in to back the original poster, which is usually you know who.

When it no longer of interest to anyone and people stop responding, what is going to happen then?

Damm, I said I wasn't going to post any more on this topic. See what you made me do?