PDA

View Full Version : The Oldrebel Blog

RossDawg82
02-20-2014, 04:10 PM
http://t.co/ThRLXboZut

This article is to get back at the CroomDiaries article regarding all the arrests of rebel players and trouble for rebel players in the past year. Now read their article and tell me how many of their points are directed at FORMER PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!

BeastMan
02-20-2014, 04:14 PM
You can say whatever you want about that article but that editor did the right thing. If you disagree with a blogger, mb poster, whatever... pick a platform and respond. That's the right thing to do. I've seen too many people get threatened in real life all the way to death threats. I'm happy this guy went about it in the right way. If you want to respond to his response, go comment on the article or some platform where you can get your point across.

RossDawg82
02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Former Rebels arrested:
Randle Mackey
Charles Sawyer
Drew Pomeranz
Nickolas Brassell
Jamar Hornsby
Vernon Studdard- http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/22826038/former-ole-miss-star-charged-with-sexual-battery
Bobby Hill
I guess we can throw in Mr. Jerry although there was no arrest just embarrassment

I feel like we could continue but I have work to do. So if you have anymore to add please do so.

RossDawg82
02-20-2014, 04:19 PM
You can say whatever you want about that article but that editor did the right thing. If you disagree with a blogger, mb poster, whatever... pick a platform and respond. That's the right thing to do. I've seen too many people get threatened in real life all the way to death threats. I'm happy this guy went about it in the right way. If you want to respond to his response, go comment on the article or some platform where you can get your point across.

Im not knocking the editor, just pointing out that all of their argument are against former players.

BeastMan
02-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Im not knocking the editor, just pointing out that all of their argument are against former players.

Hey that's fine! I'm just commending him for at least going about it in the right way. Feel free to dissect the article

The Croom Diaries
02-20-2014, 04:30 PM
To be fair, that was not my article but Grass of DWS. Although I did finish it up for him since he came down with illness half way through - but that is what can happen when you're writing about OM.

Their rebuttal was pretty weak.

messageboardsuperhero
02-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Yeah, all the players (except Rufus Warren) he pointed out have either left, been kicked off the team immediately after their incident, or have been gone for years. And even with him stretching on many of these (seriously, Marcus Bullard played here like 20 years ago), the law issues we've had over the last two years still don't compare to the shit that has happened at UM in the last two MONTHS alone.

Also, kudos on yet another ridiculous scientology accusation- very tasteful. Does anyone have an actual reason for thinking that Mullen is a scientologist, besides the fact that he's not from the Southeast? Because that rumor has always sounded absolutely absurd to me.

And I love the writer trying to put down our season in baseball last year as a "letdown in Omaha." LOL, yeah, the team really let us down alright... All the way to the ****ing national championship game. I bet he wishes that any UM sports team would "let him down" that much.

RossDawg82
02-20-2014, 04:57 PM
really.... was it 3 years in a row they lost the last two of super regionals at home??

LC Dawg
02-20-2014, 05:00 PM
This article just clearly shows the differences in our football program and the Ole Miss program. To counter an article that points out many transgressions that are currently occuring in the Ole Miss program this guy writes an article that includes only one person currently associated with the MSU football program. He's basically saying an arrest for a traffic violation is equal to what the Ole Miss players are being arrested for. He points out players that were dismissed from our program, which is a good plug for us because it shows that we are taking action when necessary. When he couldn't find anything else about our football program he decided to go after our basketball coach for a situation that in my mind reflected a little poorly on both institutions but at least our coach later apologized for his actions. By and far, though, the best item of the article is the author pointing out the arrest of a former basketball player many years after he was at MSU. We should really thank this guy for writing this because he is just helping prove that the Ole Miss program is just a shell of our program.

FISHDAWG
02-20-2014, 05:03 PM
and just how many have been "kicked-off" the bears team ? or even suspended ?

DawgHouseUnited
02-20-2014, 05:05 PM
http://concernedcitizenscoffeecity.com/coffeecity/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/I-Sense-Butthurt-75000244666.jpg

Johnson85
02-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have an actual reason for thinking that Mullen is a scientologist, besides the fact that he's not from the Southeast?

The Scientology thing is a joke. There was a rumor going around that we had a deal in principle with Petersen from Boise State, Gene from Genespage got wind of it, and he called Petersen and asked if he was worried about how a scientologist might be received when recruiting in the Bible Belt, Petersen and/or his wife was freaked out by realizing how much more scrutiny they'd get in the SEC, and backed out of the deal. No clue if any of that is true or why Gene supposedly thought Petesen was a scientologist.

But the joke with Mullen was sort of a take off from that. Think it was a stupid joke about Mullen not just being a godless yankee, but a scientologist, and some ole miss fans were dumb enough to run with it.

messageboardsuperhero
02-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Just because I'm in the mood, let's break down each thing he mentioned:

1) Rufus Warren- Yep, he made a mistake- no doubt about it. At the same time though, he did immediately delete the tweet, but I'm not going to defend what Warren said because that's something that I disagree with him about.

2) Chris Hughes- He was charged with domestic assault and violence and immediately kicked off the team. No questions asked. Even though Hughes was a contributor for us, we washed our hands of him.

3) Quay Evans- He got a damn ticket for driving without his license. Cool. Quay left soon afterwards anyways, so I don't see what the big deal is with him.

4) Marcus Bullard- Seriously? He hasn't been at State for almost 20 years. This is just stupid to bring up and really doesn't reflect on MSU at all.

5) Chad Bumphis- That bar fight incident happened over two years ago. Again, we're talking about shit that has happened recently. What does this have to do with anything?

6) Dylan Favre- His drug charge happened after he left, and that was years ago as well. Totally irrelevant.

7) Rick Ray- He made a mistake. No doubt about it. At the same time, I'm sure he's not the only coach who's cussed at that punk- he's just the only on who's gotten caught.

8) Tim Brewster- Again, he is gone and that happened over a year ago.

If this is the best that guy can come up with, it just further illustrates how much more stable off the field our football program is than theirs right now. They've had several high-profile issues come up in the last few WEEKS- you have to dig at stuff that happened 2+ YEARS ago to find any similar incidents with State players.

messageboardsuperhero
02-20-2014, 05:40 PM
The Scientology thing is a joke. There was a rumor going around that we had a deal in principle with Petersen from Boise State, Gene from Genespage got wind of it, and he called Petersen and asked if he was worried about how a scientologist might be received when recruiting in the Bible Belt, Petersen and/or his wife was freaked out by realizing how much more scrutiny they'd get in the SEC, and backed out of the deal. No clue if any of that is true or why Gene supposedly thought Petesen was a scientologist.

But the joke with Mullen was sort of a take off from that. Think it was a stupid joke about Mullen not just being a godless yankee, but a scientologist, and some ole miss fans were dumb enough to run with it.

Ah, I gotcha. It was just one of those jokes that, for whatever reason, some people take seriously.

The funny thing is, I know multiple UM people who truly believe Mullen is a scientologist. It's funny thinking about it like that now.