PDA

View Full Version : HottyToddy.com article...MSU fans on Race relations in Oxford

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-20-2014, 01:23 PM
http://hottytoddy.com/2014/02/20/msu-fan-reflects-on-race-relations-at-ole-miss/
I can't tell if this is serious or a joke. Any chance these people don't exist?

Vandownbytheriver
02-20-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm not saying this is bullshit, but who in the hell "reflects on black history month" because they were checked in or out by a black person? Wouldn't you not noticing be a better representation of your forward thinking ways?

mic
02-20-2014, 01:39 PM
What a moving letter.. Maybe Shepard Smith can share that on Fox news today. That will for sure open the eyes of America to just how far Ole Miss has come over the years.

Gordon Gekko
02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
So basically black people were being treated just like normal human beings would be anywhere else and it's so shocking it happened in Oxford they felt the need to write an article about it?

MSUDeltadawg1971
02-20-2014, 01:44 PM
My ex-wife and her family said they never heard of her or her last name. They've lived in Drew since the 60's.

codeDawg
02-20-2014, 01:51 PM
So basically black people were being treated just like normal human beings would be anywhere else and it's so shocking it happened in Oxford they felt the need to write an article about it?

I came here to post this. I don't know what the authors expectations were.

"Hey guys, I was in a room with white people and black people and nobody shot anybody. This post-racial Oxford is amazing!"

Martianlander
02-20-2014, 02:50 PM
What a moving letter.. Maybe Shepard Smith can share that on Fox news today. That will for sure open the eyes of America to just how far Ole Miss has come over the years.
I hadn't thought about Shep. He may not be informed on this but I bet he knows what time it is in Oxford.

smootness
02-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Uh...that's a pretty embarrassing article.

Anyone who thinks that respecting people of another race or showing them kindness is noteworthy probably has a pretty strange history regarding race relations.

I mean, you're telling me that some white people and some black people were in the same room together for a period of time and nobody beat the crap out anybody else just because they were a different race?!?!

Here we come, 1950!

sandwolf
02-20-2014, 03:44 PM
The article appears to have been removed.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-20-2014, 03:53 PM
For some reason the link won't connect from here, but it's still active if you google it. I found one of the ladies online, anyone want to email and ask her if it's real?

DawgHouseUnited
02-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I couldn't get the link from here to work either. Found it via google though.

First thing that jumped out at me is this:
...from Fran Troxler, who is a Mississippi State graduate and lives in Wears Valley, Tenn...
Followed by this:
I am a dyed in the wool MSU grad 1974 and a native of Ruleville, MS...

I'd consider chalking that up to bad editing, but it stands out to me.
Beyond that, the whole article reeks of "wow, different races getting along? Without problems? THIS IS NEWS!"

Plus, the whole "send us your examples of racial unity at OM!" nonsense is elementary-school desperation. If that's the best they can do to combat the Meredith statue vandalism, they're in bad shape.

The whole article seems badly contrived. I could be wrong, of course, but this sounds like a bad commercial or something. "This powerful email... profound observations... blah blah blah"

For what it's worth, there is a Fran Troxler realtor up around Gatlinburg. Can't tell if she's a State grad or not though.

M.Fillmore
02-20-2014, 08:52 PM
To summarize, "At Ole Miss, we have one building where we went a whole evening without a racist incident. Hoddy Toddy!"

Gen. Grant
02-20-2014, 09:09 PM
It appears that there was another "incident" in Oxford this week. Im not sure if it has been discussed on here, but an African American woman was called the N word and had an alcoholic beverage thrown on her at her house. The woman is student at UM and she claims that it was several white men in a black truck. The truck and the occupants drove by her house, called her the N word, and threw a drink on her before laughing and driving off.

These are not incidents anymore, these are ingrained habits for The University of Mississippi, its culture, and its people! The article was on Hottytoddy.com but I dont want to put the link on here and give them more page views.

SouthwestMSDawg
02-21-2014, 01:00 AM
The reason the Ole Miss fan base is stuck in the 1950's when it comes to race relations is because that is the same time period in which their football team had any relevance.