PDA

View Full Version : The Bushman's Beer Review - Chimay Grand Reserve

thebushman82
02-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Following what has a historic night for The Bushman's Beer Review, The Bushman and Black Rain returned to Bushman Studious partially victorious after attending the prestigious 5th Annual Brewsky Awards show. And what better way to celebrate the Bushman's win than plopping down a boat load of cheese on some expensive beer. That beer is Chimay's Grande Reserve. And this is the review. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/NjmhUM08AkE

and for anyone who is not familiar with the bushman and black rain...i guess we should start here....

http://youtu.be/4TA_5z9JL7I

and finally we also do local beers like lazy magnolia's timber beast

http://youtu.be/5rPYYIecWic

Political Hack
02-20-2014, 08:21 PM
constructive criticism... make the videos a little shorter. Like 3 minutes and punch each other harder. That was fun.

I'll continue to watch them. Would be interested to see y'all go through some Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Dog Fish Head 60 and 90 minute, the Ten Fiddy, and a few more. Will let me know where y'alls pallet it at and whether I can buy other stuff based on your reviews.

keep grindin'.

thebushman82
02-21-2014, 03:03 PM
constructive criticism... make the videos a little shorter. Like 3 minutes and punch each other harder. That was fun.

I'll continue to watch them. Would be interested to see y'all go through some Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Dog Fish Head 60 and 90 minute, the Ten Fiddy, and a few more. Will let me know where y'alls pallet it at and whether I can buy other stuff based on your reviews.

keep grindin'.

usually its hard to get feedback form anyone so its appreciated....as for making the videos shorter, we actually have been trying to make them shorter but its easier said than done but its something we are working on each episode...as for the beer you requested...we have had all of those beers before except for the weverbacher...we are in jackson, ms so the dales and dogfish or stone, for that matter, are not very accessible yet we do get them from time to time when we or our friends go out of state and bring it back...stone is one of the best breweries around...very solid...so all that you listed are some of our favorites but its hard to do an episode around something we may or may not have....but as always thanks for watching and thanks for the input, i will relay it back to the boys...

Political Hack
02-21-2014, 09:26 PM
yeah, stone, oscar blues, & dogfish head are my favorite overall breweries. The Weyerbacher is hard to find, but it is possibly the best IPA I've ever had. Great with a good steak.

I haven't had Tin Lizzy yet but I've heard good things about them too (out of Baton Rouge).

PassInterference
02-21-2014, 09:44 PM
The middle 3 minutes was pretty hilarious. "Tastes like a trust fund - pretty sweet". LOL. "Maybe pair it with lobster because its pretty expensive" LOL

LOVE Chimay Grande Reserve. It is my favorite beer in the whole wide world.

thebushman82
02-22-2014, 12:30 PM
The middle 3 minutes was pretty hilarious. "Tastes like a trust fund - pretty sweet". LOL. "Maybe pair it with lobster because its pretty expensive" LOL

LOVE Chimay Grande Reserve. It is my favorite beer in the whole wide world.

thats a bold statement, its a damn fine brew and i salute ya but my favorite would be an ipa of some sorts.

cheers!

thebushman82
02-22-2014, 12:32 PM
yeah, stone, oscar blues, & dogfish head are my favorite overall breweries. The Weyerbacher is hard to find, but it is possibly the best IPA I've ever had. Great with a good steak.

I haven't had Tin Lizzy yet but I've heard good things about them too (out of Baton Rouge).

those are 3 solid choices and i love them. tin lizzy or tin roof? we have tin roof here and its nothing to write home about yet i think everyone loves them but i'm just not a big fan.

LC Dawg
02-22-2014, 03:56 PM
those are 3 solid choices and i love them. tin lizzy or tin roof? we have tin roof here and its nothing to write home about yet i think everyone loves them but i'm just not a big fan.

Enjoyed the reviews and look forward to more. I agree on the tin roof, I've had their blond and pale ale and they were both pretty average to me.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Great stuff bushman. I believe 8 is a little low. Im heading to store now and will update you on my haul and your personal thoughts.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Bushman, tonights haul is:

Green flash ipa
Duvel triple hop
Trappistws rochefort 10
Harvieston ola dubh 18
Robinsons iron maiden trooper

thebushman82
02-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Bushman, tonights haul is:

Green flash ipa
Duvel triple hop
Trappistws rochefort 10
Harvieston ola dubh 18
Robinsons iron maiden trooper

Sounds pretty solid. We can't get the rochefort 10 here. I haven't heard of the rest except the green flash so my hats off to you. Pour out some for the bushman. Wait. Don't.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Sounds pretty solid. We can't get the rochefort 10 here. I haven't heard of the rest except the green flash so my hats off to you. Pour out some for the bushman. Wait. Don't.

Started with the 10. Wow.

And no, wont be pouring any out. $12 a beer isnt cheap. Youve never heard of duvel?

thebushman82
02-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Started with the 10. Wow.

And no, wont be pouring any out. $12 a beer isnt cheap. Youve never heard of duvel?

I've heard of duvel just not the triple hop. I was joking about pouring it. Drink it all, for the sake of all that is holy, drink it all!

Political Hack
02-23-2014, 10:13 PM
This weekend I went heavy with Bells Two Hearted Ale - easily my favorite "non-IPA but IPA worthy" ale.

PassInterference
02-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Rochefort can be had in MS. I'm not sure if it is 8 or 10 or what. Real good.

Duvel too. Duvel is what most Americans don't know they are missing then they drink Anheiser Bush yellow fizzy. Duvel is craft beer yellow fizzy. Supposedly it is a Belgian Strong Pale Ale. Its strong, but I think its more like a lager. I like it a lot.

Vandownbytheriver
02-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Rochefort 6 & 8 are available here. The best Belgian to be had in Mississippi right now is St. Bernardus 12. I've had Rochefort 10 and Westy 12 and it's on par with those. Orval is another really solid Belgian we have now.

And this isn't a commentary on your video, but why in the hell do people watch or make beer review videos? I get no enjoyment in watching other people drink beer. It's one of those things I just don't get. Most of the time people try to sound like a pretentious douche bag in those things. I quite doing my blog because just because I like it doesn't mean someone else will. Everyone's taste buds are at different points in the craft beer world.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I really enjoy their videos bc they dont take themselves seriously. They actually have some talent when it comes to being in front of the camera. Bushman is great. It is like music. It is an opinion.

Edit - i also got some lagunitas sucks. Forgot to mention it. It was pretty decent.

thebushman82
02-26-2014, 02:06 AM
I really enjoy their videos bc they dont take themselves seriously. They actually have some talent when it comes to being in front of the camera. Bushman is great. It is like music. It is an opinion.

Edit - i also got some lagunitas sucks. Forgot to mention it. It was pretty decent.

Thanks!

Lagunitas is a solid brewery. Love their IPA's.

thebushman82
03-13-2014, 01:37 PM
This weekend I went heavy with Bells Two Hearted Ale - easily my favorite "non-IPA but IPA worthy" ale.

Has an imperial IPA out called The Illinois. It's damn good and worth a taste.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Need another review bushman

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Jeckyl Hop Dang Diggity was pretty good. tried that tonight.

PassInterference
03-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Not news, but Sam Adams Winter Ale is good. It is a wheat bock. Dark and full bodied for a wheat beer, and not as bocky as a pure bock. And a touch of spice, like nutmeg and some other stuff. The spice is a subtle touch that doesn't knock your taste buds over. Overall, it is a great tasting and well balance beer.

thebushman82
03-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Need another review bushman

Filming one next weekend buddy.

In the meantime, head over to them facebooks and like our page. Please and thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bushmans-Beer-Review/167791646727775

fishwater99
03-24-2014, 02:25 PM

Have you tried the Green Flash Palette Wrecker ? It's pretty tasty...

thebushman82
03-27-2014, 02:02 PM
yes and its damn good....one of my favs....i do like their west coast ipa as well....actually all their brews i have tried are pretty...pretty....pretty good