PDA

View Full Version : Another thread blaming elitedawgs. Beyond the pale Rebel response.

blacklistedbully
02-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Thought y'all might enjoy this exchange I'm having with one of the most deluded REbs I;ve ever encountered. This is the same guy who a few years ago claimed Ole Miss was at a disadvantage versus MSU adn the rest of the SEc because of their, "higher academic standards".

From rivals.com:

Re: Ole Miss Nkemdiche brothers being sued for 2 million Edit | Reply

My post in response to a guy who said criminal charges couldn't be filed even if they are proved to have done it:

If they did it, and there is no settlement including a non-disclosure/non-admission of guilt agreement, then they could very well still be arrested and prosecuted, particularly if witness testimony changes under oath and threat of perjury.

For instance, if the UPD decided not to arrest and/or the DA's office chose not to pursue based on false witness reports, all that changes if it comes out in a civil trial.

It's one thing to cover for a friend or football player by lying to University Police, but quite another to do it as an official witness in a trial subject to fines and/or jail-time if you're caught perjuring yourself. I'm not saying that's what happened, just that, if that happened, then a criminal proceeding could still be brought afterward.

His (OleMissGuy) reply:

I haven't posted in this thread because I don't know anything to post. I am a lawyer and I live very near Oxford. I know all the prosecutors well and several policemen. My children are recent Ole Miss grads and know tons of people there, yet the first time we heard about this was when we read it in the paper. How could such an incident witnessed by at least a hundred people over a year ago not be known? Why were no arrests ever made? Why can't the victim and his friends identify the parties involved?

Isn't is curious that the know it all authority on what happened is a Miss St grad who left MIssissippi 30 years ago and has never been back and lives in California? Amazing how he can know 100 times more about what happened than I do, isn't it?

What I do know is that the DA involved is a MIssissipi State grad, so the theory that he is an "Ole MIss lawyer" covering it up is ridiculous. I can also tell you that the Oxford police LOVE to arrest Ole Miss athletes. Did you not see in this thread that Denzel was arrested recently for being "too loud" at his 21st birthday party? Bryant was arrested for "public drunk" that same night. If they had not been athletes, they would not likely have been charged. It is absurd to say OPD would not arrest these players. They live for it. A couple of years ago, they arrested a football player for making a "shunning face" to a policeman. If they had anything to go on, they would have made the arrest.

The only thing I know about the case comes from the paper and this thread. I have been told, though, that it was filed one day before the statute of limitations ran. That seldom happens with a good lawsuit. It also appears to have been filed when the insurance carrier for the fraternity house refused to settle.

Who knows? It may be awful or it may be frivolous, but listening to a State grad in California who hates anything Ole Miss is useless.The truth will come out, but you can't rely on anything right now coming from Elitedawgs.com which is Bully's "source". And, yes, he is obsessed.

My response:

And like clockwork, here comes OMG with the lies on top of lies. So much fail in this abortion of a post, where do I begin??

Why can't the victim and his friends identify the parties involved?
They have positively identified Denzel & Robert, and listed 5 others as "John Does" pending official ID. Not at all uncommon in a legal proceeding. Perhaps the victim had trouble identifying because he was sucker-punched in the back-of-the-head and knocked unconscious. Kinda hard to ID your attackers when you're out cold on the ground, convulsing with seizures as your assailants brutally kick and stomp your head, then laugh about it after.

Isn't it curious that the know-it-all authority on what happened is a Miss State grad who left Mississippi 30 years ago and has never been back and lives in California?
This one always cracks me up. OMG likes to use this in a bunch of his posts trying to discredit me. This guy actually. truly believes that in an age of internet, telephones, air-travel, etc, etc, etc, that it's impossible to get and keep abreast of goings on thousands of miles away. How can some one not realize what an appallingly ridiculous opinion that is? Oh, and as is so often the case with OMG, he embellishes with another lie, that I have, "never been back" to Mississippi. Of course I have. Used this thing called a commercial airline a number of times. Trying to bolster a fraudulent claim with inaccurate hyperbole is just another sign of this man's habitual dishonesty.

The DA involved is a Mississippi State grad, so the theory he is an "Ole Miss lawyer" trying to cover it up is ridiculous.
That would be ridiculous if it were actually more than just another OMG lie. Of course I didn't say, "The DA is an Ole Miss lawyer trying to cover it up", nor did I say the OPD did. I said nothing like that. As anyone can see from the post, I said, "If the DA and/or PD elected not to pursue based on false witness testimony, then there could still be criminal charges brought after the civil case if the witnesses tell a different version under oath and penalty of perjury. This was clearly in response to MKrip suggesting there could be no criminal proceedings.

I have been told it was filed one day before the statute of limitations ran. That seldom happens with a good lawsuit.
What complete and utter nonsense! I have been involved in lawsuits, including some where the statue of limitations were well beyond a year. The only reason a plaintiff might benefit from an earlier filing is if he's concerned witness testimony in a deposition could be adversely impacted due to possible reduced capacity to recall events accurately. It is not at all uncommon for these things to be filed at the last minute. This past year, that law firm has been working their butts off preparing, getting all their ducks in order, etc, so they could file as complete and impactful a complaint as possible. These things get filed at that date, not because their case is weaker, but because they have that date red-lettered as the day by which it must be done. It matters not when, beyond the fact that it must be done before it's too late. That makes it perhaps one of the lowest on the to-do list until the deadline approaches.

appears to have been filed when the insurance carrier for the fraternity house refused to settle
The fraternity is not even listed as a defendant. Really wish there was a "face-palm" emoticon to use here.

You can't rely on anything coming right now from elitedawgs.com which is Bully's source
Do I even have to respond to this one everybody? Probably not, but here goes:

A) I didn't start this thread.
B) Among the multiple sources reporting this incident are:

Rivals.com
CBS Sports
NBC
USA Today
Fox Sports
The Clarion Ledger (Mississippi's largest newspaper)
The Sun Herald (another large Mississippi newspaper)
Th Huntsville Times
The Atlanta Journal Constitution
The Daily Journal
Numerous TV stations, etc, etc, etc

This is another of the lame tactics Ole Miss fans are using, trying to blame all this stuff on a relatively obscure Mississippi State fan site that is open only to MSU fans. While we do enjoy our site, and it continues to grow, to suggest it was instrumental in creating this embarrassment for Ole Miss is just, well, coo-coo. But welcome to the mind of a typical Ole Miss fan where delusion & denial are woven into the fabric of their concocted, farcical world where "Cotton is still king", "The South Shall Rise Again", "They wish they were in the land of Cotton", and Rebel football is once again relevant.

One thing is for sure, nothing is beyond-the-pale in defense of their little slice of Old South Camelot. Lie, attack, attempt to defame and discredit any of your critics, regardless of the facts or reality. Maintain the perception at all costs.

sleepy dawg
02-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Perfect reply, well done.

RougeDawg
02-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Just wondering how multiple posters here, other than coach, hae refentlynneen proved correct
On their rumors if everything over here is a lie?

BossDawg
02-20-2014, 02:20 PM
EliteDawgs is the Illuminati!!!!!!!!!!!

hacker
02-20-2014, 02:25 PM
tldr

Jack Lambert
02-20-2014, 02:30 PM
All I have to say is 4 out of the last 5.

Martianlander
02-20-2014, 02:47 PM
All I have to say is 4 out of the last 5.

Bingo

blacklistedbully
02-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Perfect reply, well done.

Thanks, Sleepy. That guy tries to pull that chit all the time. The Ole Miss fans on that board outnumber us probably 10-1, and they'll gang up on you like a pack of hyenas. I'm usually the only MSU fan who posts over there, though there's a couple that come on a few times a year.

RossDawg82
02-20-2014, 07:58 PM
What board?

Political Hack
02-20-2014, 08:03 PM
slow clap on the response to the delusional reb. I feel sorry for them sometimes.

CadaverDawg
02-20-2014, 08:20 PM
But Rosebowl has been giving scoop for years while living in Louisiana.

Bad example?

blacklistedbully
02-20-2014, 10:52 PM
What board?

Rivals NCAA football board.