PDA

View Full Version : A Rebel's take on recent events

BeastMan
02-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Guys, I know Neal McCready isn't a loved guy amongst most MSU fans but I follow his work b/c as long as it doesn't relate to MSU, I can agree with him 99% of the time. He absolutely brings the truth hammer on his podcast yesterday. I transcribed a portion of his interview and link to said podcast. I highly recommend listening.

http://3rdand57.com/a-rebels-take-on-recent-events/

teaser (Neal McCready qoute):

When you build your football program around things like core values, family, faith; when your assistant coaches are, and I?m not making fun here at all, when they?re tweeting inspirational quotes and bible verses, when that?s the face of your program that you present in an industry that requires you to recruit young men and their families, when these things happen with this degree of regularity, and again they?re all accusations, but when these accusations are presented with this degree of regularity, it begins to look hypocritical.

Coach34
02-20-2014, 11:46 AM
dayum- even a BearShark writer is calling Freezus a hypocrite

Welcome to what State fans have been saying for two years

FlabLoser
02-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Strong take from a rebel. Me C34 is right. We said all along that promotion of one message in public and a contrary message away from the spotlight was going to create problems.

Coach34
02-20-2014, 12:01 PM
"McReady is part of that EliteDawg Conspiracy"- Bafoom

Master Blaster
02-20-2014, 12:11 PM
WOW! that's all i have to say!

EAVdog
02-20-2014, 12:39 PM
I listened to it live and didn't come away with the feeling that he was castigating Ole Miss or freeze very much. My take was he was saying Freeze was a very sincere man and just caught up in the world of College Athletics. His morals in an immoral world just make him look bad. He even said he'd want his kids to play for Freeze.

He also blamed the mystery unidentified assailants for the Beatdown Baird took. I mean Steve Farese said so, has to be true.

BeastMan
02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
He didn't blame Freeze but he was very clear about image/perception and how current events could conflict with the program message. I don't think anyone expected him to slam anyone. His take was dead on b/c he's referring to what is going to happen on the recruiting trail.

ETA- What made it a good segment was his honesty and willingness to look at everything in at 360 degrees as opposed to the way Chuck Roundsville has. There's a sunshine view and an honest view and Neal gave an honest view. It's like the difference in hearing Gene and Bo Bounds talk about MSU topics if that makes sense.

SignalToNoise
02-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Fair words from McReady. It really does look hypocritical, and a lot of their fans don't get that. I know fans should always support their program, but they have developed a cult following that sees ole miss as infallible.

Bubb Rubb
02-20-2014, 12:50 PM

Been saying all along that Freeze was eventually going to have his "Jimmy Swaggart moment." You absolutely set yourself up for failure when you wear the family and faith thing on your sleeve. Every program has problems, but when you try to portray yourself as the morally and spiritually superior program, you are going to get yourself in trouble every time.

It's coming.

BeastMan
02-20-2014, 12:54 PM
He also blamed the mystery unidentified assailants for the Beatdown Baird took. I mean Steve Farese said so, has to be true.

His argument on why no charges were pressed is pertinent. I'm as die hard an MSU guy as you can find but if an MSU player stomped me out, his ass is going to jail and no one could talk me out of it. That's not a make it or break it in this civil suit but it's a legitimate question.

Tbonewannabe
02-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Been saying all along that Freeze was eventually going to have his "Jimmy Swaggart moment." You absolutely set yourself up for failure when you wear the family and faith thing on your sleeve. Every program has problems, but when you try to portray yourself as the morally and spiritually superior program, you are going to get yourself in trouble every time.

It's coming.

Big difference in Rev. Freeze and Mark Richt. Richt seems to let his actions speak for himself as a Christian, Freeze likes to use twitter for his proclamations.

I heard a story one time about Pete Carroll. He would go to Compton alone and talk to gangbangers about changing their life. It didn't get out until some gangbangers were talking about it. Freeze would have held a press conference talking about how he changed some people's lives.

Jacksondevildog
02-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Very well said. If you have to convince someone how much of a Christian you are, that should be a concerning sign.
Big difference in Rev. Freeze and Mark Richt. Richt seems to let his actions speak for himself as a Christian, Freeze likes to use twitter for his proclamations.

I heard a story one time about Pete Carroll. He would go to Compton alone and talk to gangbangers about changing their life. It didn't get out until some gangbangers were talking about it. Freeze would have held a press conference talking about how he changed some people's lives.

RougeDawg
02-20-2014, 01:00 PM

Not all. I had a 30 minute argument with a couple State buddies one day, one of a very big donor family about this. It was right after last years class and I called him out for being a hypocrite due to his tweets and behind the scenes shenanigans. They argued with me to no end about it. I finally just stopped talking.

BeastMan
02-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Another thing Chase said that I think is interesting is why go overboard apologizing for the statue? You were vandalized.

M.Fillmore
02-20-2014, 01:35 PM

+1,000 THIS +1,000

Coach34
02-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Mark Richt comes across as genuine...Freezus comes across as Jim Baker

bannedwayne
02-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Guys, I know Neal McCready isn't a loved guy amongst most MSU fans but I follow his work b/c as long as it doesn't relate to MSU, I can agree with him 99% of the time. He absolutely brings the truth hammer on his podcast yesterday. I transcribed a portion of his interview and link to said podcast. I highly recommend listening.

To be fair to McCready, he's actualy been a fairly rational Rivals writer/personality. Rivals guys are notoriously biased and sunshine-pumping, but Neal has told it like it is for a while.

I actually met him a few years ago and he was a decent guy to talk to, I've kept track of him since. He got fired from a radio show in Alabama a few years back (before sRivals) for not being as upbeat about Alabama football as advertisers thought he should be. I'm guessing he's accepted his new position and tried to stay away from stepping on the toes that write his paycheck as much as he can.

Jack Lambert
02-20-2014, 08:33 PM

I guess he must read Elite Dawgs because we have said the exact thing many times.

Drugdog
02-20-2014, 08:47 PM
I think Mcreedy is a Prick. That's the first time that I have read/ heard he has been rational.
Mcreedy takes shots at us whenever give a chance. I have called him out many times on OOB.

mjh94
02-20-2014, 08:54 PM

This is a good example of what is meant by "Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them." - Matthew 6:1

Bigedawg
02-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Hell, this morning on OOB he referred to tsun as the "flagship university" and that as the flagship they should strive to be like Alabama and Georgia. It is an indication of how whacked they are as a media core and fan base if he is referred to as the "rational" one. No wonder they are so delusional.

preachermatt83
02-20-2014, 10:02 PM

very well said. Christianity is not to be worn on our chest like a superman emblem, its to be lived out through our actions to bring glory not to ourselves, but to our Savior.