PDA

View Full Version : BS- True Detective

Coach34
02-19-2014, 11:56 PM
I'll move this later guys...

Is this not the best show on TV right now? Holy Shit HBO has done it again with another great series. After Sopranos quit- I was wondering if another show would come along...it finally has

FlabLoser
02-19-2014, 11:57 PM
I watch it. I'm an episode behind though, so shhhhh

tcdog70
02-20-2014, 12:04 AM
Woody's daughter is somehow involved in the cult. Too much time is being spent on her problems.

Dawg61
02-20-2014, 12:15 AM
I'll move this later guys...

Is this not the best show on TV right now? Holy Shit HBO has done it again with another great series. After Sopranos quit- I was wondering if another show would come along...it finally has

It's the best 5 hours of television I think I've ever watched. I can not wait for Sunday nights right now. The Tuttle guy is linked to the killer/s I think. He's attached to that school, the Preacher knows him and used to work for him I think and the task force that he oversees was so eager to take over the case so it could get buried. My theory is that the Governor's cousin, Preacher and Sheriff that owns the bunny ranch are choosing prostitutes to kill and make it look satanic like so that they can scare people into giving money to the church and into the "statewide charity drive" which are also putting up all those missing girls signs that Cohle keeps looking at and getting distracted by.

hacker
02-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Basically everything on HBO is gold. The Wire is better than The Sopranos. Game of Thrones is amazing.

thedawg
02-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Totally agree.. most of HBO stuff is awesome

SouthMsDawg
02-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Im a HUGE FAN.

SouthMsDawg
02-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Woody's daughter is somehow involved in the cult. Too much time is being spent on her problems.

Wouldn't be surprised if she didnt run away from home as a teenager and become involved in prostitution and gets murdered. Just throwing that out there.

dawgs
02-20-2014, 11:40 AM
yeah it's pretty great.

high end TV is heading in this direction. single series or miniseries or anthology (each season the cast/story changes which is what i think the TD creator wants to do) are the future. it allows for TV to get bigger movie stars and bigger directors committed to a project without tying them up for years.

FlabLoser
02-20-2014, 11:57 AM
yeah it's pretty great.

high end TV is heading in this direction. single series or miniseries or anthology (each season the cast/story changes which is what i think the TD creator wants to do) are the future. it allows for TV to get bigger movie stars and bigger directors committed to a project without tying them up for years.

Agree completely. A fixed endpoint for a show also helps the writers come up with more meaningful subplots and timelines.

And sadly, that's why The Walking Dead will eventually suck.

thedawg
02-20-2014, 12:13 PM
The walking dead is already getting stale... Its time for them to make a major move and wrap it up... the constant struggle and re struggle for shelter is old