PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully this is our wake-up call

Todd4State
02-19-2014, 11:08 PM
In terms of whom should and shouldn't play. The guys that worked hard and practiced well had their moment in the sun- now it's time for the guys that can play to start.

Randolph can't hit and looked awful defensively. I'm in agreement with those that say Collins should start there.

Hann should start over Britton.

Cody Brown should play more over Vickerson, Robson, and whomever else.

Defense killed us tonight.

MsStateBaseball
02-19-2014, 11:10 PM
I didn't think Randolph would make the team, really. Collins should start every game. Lots of work to do.

War Machine Dawg
02-19-2014, 11:12 PM
I've been VERY impressed with Cody Brown. He's definitely earning PT. Now let's give Garner a shot at C and Humphries a shot at 3B.

Todd4State
02-19-2014, 11:13 PM
I didn't think Randolph would make the team, really. Collins should start every game. Lots of work to do.

If Walker is worse than him...well shit. At this point- I feel like it's worth burning Walker's "redshirt". I agree that Collins should start the majority of the games.

Bully13
shitphis comes to our park and we pee sitting down.... way to go girls

MarketingBully01
In terms of whom should and shouldn't play. The guys that worked hard and practiced well had their moment in the sun- now it's time for the guys that can play to start.

Randolph can't hit and looked awful defensively. I'm in agreement with those that say Collins should start there.

Hann should start over Britton.

Cody Brown should play more over Vickerson, Robson, and whomever else.

Defense killed us tonight.

And can we finally put Humphries at 3rd? Detz has missed at least four balls that they called hits even this year. He has such limited range at 3rd. Put him at DH where he will thrive.

Todd4State
02-19-2014, 11:15 PM
I've been VERY impressed with Cody Brown. He's definitely earning PT. Now let's give Garner a shot at C and Humphries a shot at 3B.

I have a feeling that there is a reason why Garner isn't catching and I don't want to find out why during a live game.

Humphries needs to hit first- but no doubt he is probably the better defensive option.

messageboardsuperhero
02-19-2014, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the RS off Walker. Is he on the 35 man roster?

Hann can hit at least as well (probably better) Britton and plays more consistent defense. Sure Britton can make some spectacular plays, but he made multiple mental errors tonight. We need someone steady there.

We need to beat the hell out of Holy Cross this weekend to build up some confidence. I love how good we are at getting guys on base offensively, but we need someone other than Rea to step up and drive them in- this is why we MUST get Humphreys and Garner more ABs IMO.

Todd4State
02-19-2014, 11:18 PM
And can we finally put Humphries at 3rd? Detz has missed at least four balls that they called hits even this year. He has such limited range at 3rd. Put him at DH where he will thrive.

To me, this lineup that we're trotting out there right now is our worst case scenario.

We're having to catch Collins who is a freshman.

Britton is being Britton.

Humphries is playing like a freshman.

Vickerson hasn't done much and has struck out a lot.

Steakonastick
02-19-2014, 11:19 PM
Hopefully this will be our wake up call. This team was way to cocky for their own good.

Todd4State
02-19-2014, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the RS off Walker. Is he on the 35 man roster?

Hann can hit at least as well (probably better) Britton and plays more consistent defense. Sure Britton can make some spectacular plays, but he made multiple mental errors tonight. We need someone steady there.

We need to beat the hell out of Holy Cross this weekend to build up some confidence. I love how good we are at getting guys on base offensively, but we need someone other than Rea to step up and drive them in- this is why we MUST get Humphreys and Garner more ABs IMO.

I'm not 100% on Walker, but I would be surprised if he isn't on the 35 man roster.

You're right about Hann- and I'm not sure if he isn't the better hitter of the two right now.

Getting Humphries in there for his glove might be worth it if the defensive lapses continue.

Will James
02-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Make Lingo a starter. Bench Armstrong. Stop being goofy with stupid shit. PH Humphreys at the end

Todd4State
02-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Hopefully this will be our wake up call. This team was way to cocky for their own good.

I just think they haven't come together yet. The lost to the National pitcher of the week and then beat a really good mid major fairly convincingly. We lost tonight because of defense and leaving guys in scoring position. The defense is correctable. The offense will be tweaked.

I think we're playing Holy Cross at the right time. We just need to get Woodruff on track again as much as anything- and it was good to see Lindgren show out tonight.

bully99
02-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Who should be playing based on the wars and whips

bulldogcountry1
02-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Seeing Randolph this past weekend...I could go on analyzing everything, but I'll sum it up and say he didn't look like he deserved to be out there.

bully99
02-19-2014, 11:31 PM
But whose fault is that about Randolph. The coaches saw him in fall and spring and put him in there from 4 catchers.

War Machine Dawg
02-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Make Lingo a starter. Bench Armstrong. Stop being goofy with stupid shit. PH Humphreys at the end

FAIL. Prior to last night, Lingo has been an epic head case on the mound. Why the hell does he deserve an 85th chance? Because he's a lefty who throws in the 90s? Not good enough for me, although I'm sure you'll pull our some voodoo SABR stat saying Lindy is our best pitcher. We've got at least 4 other guys ahead of him who are better starters. Leave him in the pen.

Irondawg
02-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Britton is slowly becoming Derrick Milton. Everyone agrees he's talented but makes too many mistakes when the live action starts.

War Machine Dawg
02-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Britton is slowly becoming Derrick Milton. Everyone agrees he's talented but makes too many mistakes when the live action starts.

LOVE this analogy.

quickstrike2
02-20-2014, 10:20 AM
It's just time for this group to man up and grind now. Alot of baseball to be played. This group might have been cocky from last year, but they need to get over that quickly. Renfroe and Frazier were two of the leaders on that team and they arent here anymore. Somebody is going to have step up and take over those two spots before this current team can get cocky.

The Croom Diaries
02-20-2014, 10:34 AM

He hit .455 in the preseason scrimmages which was tops on the team. I knew Randolph would be the starter at the beginning of the year and said it. I'm not saying he's the answer or we shouldn't go to Collins, but it was pretty clear Randolph should get his opportunity.

I wouldn't be opposed to Walker getting his shot here in the preseason to determine which one of them should be on the SEC roster. We'll see what happens.

mstatefan91
02-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Also on Randolph... He had a shot to beat out a throw to first but instead stood at home plate to see if it was foul or fair. Just run to the bag after you hit it and the Ump can tell you.

Will James
02-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Also on Randolph... He had a shot to beat out a throw to first but instead stood at home plate to see if it was foul or fair. Just run to the bag after you hit it and the Ump can tell you.

Yeah that was awful

sleepy dawg
02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
I agree, no need to see Holder and Mitchell in important situations anymore. I think they proved last night they don't have what it takes, since you can judge a full seasons value on a couple of games.