PDA

View Full Version : Bracewell going tonight.

dickiedawg
02-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Of 20 page-1 threads, 17 are about Ole Miss. Thought I'd start an MSU thread.

Do our resident experts have an opinion on Bracewell starting? My thought is he's been one of our most reliable bullpen guys and I like him in that role.
That being said, someone has to start, especially if Woody struggles, so giving him a shot is not a bad idea. In Cohen/Butch we trust.

msstate7
02-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Id have started woodruff. Cohen/butch have definetly earned trust though

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
I'd rather see Bracewell in the pen myself, but I'm guessing Butch is giving all the tweeners a chance to start a midweek game to see who can/can't start. I imagine Brown, Sexton, Cox and Tatum will also get a chance to start. Young if he's healthy. I'm thinking Shelly is the second closer behind Holder.

smootness
02-19-2014, 01:56 PM

I assume Woodruff will start Friday, though. There would be no reason to start him mid-week.

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Yeah....and we have a ton of games coming up too. 4 games this weekend, plus 2 midweek, then 4 more the following weekend. That's alot of games over a 10 period.

msstate7
02-19-2014, 02:38 PM
I assume Woodruff will start Friday, though. There would be no reason to start him mid-week.
After a terrible start, I'd get em back out there ASAP.

Lefthandersrule
02-19-2014, 06:14 PM

I thought Woody was going tonight also.

Todd4State
02-19-2014, 06:56 PM
After a terrible start, I'd get em back out there ASAP.

Then you would mess up the rotation and probably have to start Woodruff on short rest at some point.

Bracewell and Austin Sexton are the most logical choices to start today.

msstate7
02-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Then you would mess up the rotation and probably have to start Woodruff on short rest at some point.

Bracewell and Austin Sexton are the most logical choices to start today.

I'm not so sure midweek isn't where woodruff should be for a few starts. Brandon hasnt been the pitcher we thought he would be. I realize he's had injury issues, but he's been shaky since his freshman year