PDA

View Full Version : So, an Ole Miss student gets beat down in Austin...

Coach34
02-19-2014, 10:40 AM
I mention it on here and Ole Miss fans lose their shit about it. I said that the kid ran his mouth and should have been prepared better to defend himself. They attacked me verbally on twitter, posted my personal info everywhere, linked my Facebook, said terrible things about my family, etc...

Ole Miss student gets knocked the **** out and beat down by the Kimchees????

"Prior to driving off, the defendants were observed laughing and celebrating the attack."

Rebel Nation defends the Kimchees for beating up a student. They are literally blaming the student and claiming frivilous lawsuit. Why? They are claiming the kid said something to Kimchee he shouldn't have (like the kid in Austin)

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm

Lloyd Christmas
02-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Hypocrisy. The Ole Miss way.

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 10:48 AM
All in the name of football. Cowards, is all I can say.

The Nkemdashians need their asses kicked in the worst damn way.

Thick
02-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Could this be considered a hate crime? I assume the kid was white. Black on white, and it was a beat down/stomping.

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 11:22 AM
This won't be popular, but it probably should be. If it was the other way around, it would be. Of course, they'll never be able to prove the racial 'hate' intention, especially because likely there were other white cowards standing around slapping asses with the Nkemdashians. Think about the Jeremy Hill situation.

Thick
02-19-2014, 11:30 AM
If it were reversed, and multiple, well recognized, white athletes (regardless of sport) beat the crap out of a black student, those guys would be under the jail! It would be considered racial profiling, hate crime, simple assault, attempted murder, you name it...they would be getting it.

If this happened at MSU, I would want those responsible expelled and face criminal charges. There is no way, with all of the phones on a college campus, no one took pics or videoed the incident...no way!

DownwardDawg
02-19-2014, 11:54 AM
All in the name of football. Cowards, is all I can say.

The Nkemdashians need their asses kicked in the worst damn way.

That happened on Thanksgiving. Chris Jones whipped that ass.

DownwardDawg
02-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Could this be considered a hate crime? I assume the kid was white. Black on white, and it was a beat down/stomping.

I've been wondering this. Are the plaintiffs white? I'd like to know.

bannedwayne
02-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Rebel Nation defends the Kimchees for beating up a student. They are literally blaming the student and claiming frivilous lawsuit.

Clearly, the Nkemdiches beat the shit out of a kid. There is no excusing that and anyone that tries to is an idiot.

But to be fair, the lawsuit is a pretty frivolous. Maybe I'm showing my politics here, but $1M for compensatory damages and $1M for punitive damages is absurd. I hate litigation.

I also find it ironic that the kid waited a full year to file suit so that the statute of limitations would pass so they couldn't be criminally charged. True rebel, willing to sue the shit out of someone but unwilling to have an assbeating effect football season.

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 12:00 PM
I agree, it pisses me off to no end. And to prove I'm not hypocritical, I was very critical of the Thug 6 that beat up the cop at MSU at Level 3. That cop just happened to be a friend of mine that I grew up with, so it hit home a little more. They were all prosecuted. Why aren't the Ole Miss guys? We all know the answer.

hacker
02-19-2014, 01:23 PM
If it were reversed, and multiple, well recognized, white athletes (regardless of sport) beat the crap out of a black student, those guys would be under the jail! It would be considered racial profiling, hate crime, simple assault, attempted murder, you name it...they would be getting it.

The glaring difference is that white people have not historically been oppressed by black people.

bannedwayne
02-19-2014, 01:24 PM
The glaring difference is that white people have not historically been oppressed by black people.

Dead on.

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm really, REALLY not trying to start a political flame war, but.....why does that matter in THIS case?? Or any case since integration. By your logic, there basically can not ever be a hate crime charge filed against a black person in a black on white crime.

Thick
02-19-2014, 01:34 PM
So black people can't hate on white people? So blacks and Jews can claim hate crimes, and homosexuals too, right? That's not fair and balanced!

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
OR....he maybe wouldn't have sued if they HAD gotten criminal charges brought against them. YOU don't need to automatically assume the guy wants to get rich quick. He's probably piping mad by now and wants any revenge possible. The money is just a side perk.

I'm thinking he probably had no choice but to wait a year correct? Give the police time to file charges and if not, he can say he waited and did his due diligence. He probably also has a good handle on the medical expenses and what he's lost/not lost.

If there was ever a time to sue somebody, this would be it.

FlabLoser
02-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Tread lightly.

DudyDawg
02-19-2014, 01:38 PM

If this happened at MSU, I would want those responsible expelled and face criminal charges. There is no way, with all of the phones on a college campus, no one took pics or videoed the incident...no way!

Yeah I agree completely about the phones point. There has to be some kid in that fraternity with a video, but unfortunately it'll get deleted before anything happens in order to protect their god loving football players.

Thick
02-19-2014, 01:43 PM
If you get your ass beat without provocation, and suffer serious medical bills, then your damn right you should sue those responsible. A hospital stay can cost thousands of dollars, regardless if you are insured. Someone puts you there why should you have to pick up the tab.

bannedwayne
02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
OR....he maybe wouldn't have sued if they HAD gotten criminal charges brought against them. YOU don't need to automatically assume the guy wants to get rich quick. He's probably piping mad by now and wants any revenge possible. The money is just a side perk.

I'm thinking he probably had no choice but to wait a year correct? Give the police time to file charges and if not, he can say he waited and did his due diligence. He probably also has a good handle on the medical expenses and what he's lost/not lost.

If there was ever a time to sue somebody, this would be it.

Partially agree.

The $1M for compensatory damages is legit. I have no problem with that.

The $1M for punitive damages is bullshit in this instance and every instance.

Goat Holder
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Got to pay for the lawyers, right?

DudeDawg
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I also find it ironic that the kid waited a full year to file suit so that the statute of limitations would pass so they couldn't be criminally charged. True rebel, willing to sue the shit out of someone but unwilling to have an assbeating effect football season.

Because now, the Nkemdiche's cannot hide behind the right against self incrimination via a possible criminal charge being filed as a result of their testimony, and must answer questions in depositions and must answer questions if called by the Plaintiff at trial. It essence, it keeps them from pleading the Fifth.

Westdawg
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
I agree, it pisses me off to no end. And to prove I'm not hypocritical, I was very critical of the Thug 6 that beat up the cop at MSU at Level 3. That cop just happened to be a friend of mine that I grew up with, so it hit home a little more. They were all prosecuted. Why aren't the Ole Miss guys? We all know the answer.

Goat are you talking about Armstead? If so, then you and I probably grew up together. If it is the same guy, msg me

shannondawg
02-19-2014, 07:54 PM
I hope they get judgements and when those guys go pro, they will have to pay, otherwise they won't pay if they lose. The amount had to be enough to get attention of the press and public...

I am just loving this and hope the hits just keep on coming......

bannedwayne
02-19-2014, 08:03 PM
I hope they get judgements and when those guys go pro

That's what I was thinking, they must be targeting their potential earnings.

I don't see Denzel as an NFL player, but little bro should make big money if he can get his shit together. I'm painfully oblivious to how civil suits work though, so is this even possible? I'm assuming in a settlement situation this could be arranged, but obviously there is the risk that neither will ever make the money to pay up.