PDA

View Full Version : How do you think we would react toward Mullen and MSU

MetEdDawg
02-18-2014, 07:20 PM
if that timeline that was posted was on our end with our players and students? There is no way we would be defending any of them, the university's way of handling things, or saying how all of this is just meaningless stuff that we shouldn't waste our time on.

I just don't understand how this has been a non issue for so long and how so many of their fan base haven't openly questioned their leadership and the direction of OM football. They have been weaving a web that they can't get out of and now they are stuck in it with nowhere to run. Does anyone on their side have any integrity anymore? This is sickening that all of this was swept under the rug, has taken this long to get out, and is labeled such a non issue by their fan base. They are finally getting everything they deserve.

Coach34
02-18-2014, 07:23 PM
They are sooooo desperate to win and be relevant- they will overlook that kind of stuff. You dont go to the lengths they do to cover shit up and it work out well in the end. They have tried to settle this thing for a year to keep it out of the news- and they lost this time.

blacklistedbully
02-18-2014, 07:30 PM
OM posters on the Rivals board were calling me a liar, accusing me of making this shit up, or getting this propaganda from ED. Now that more and more news reports are coming out, many have oddly stopped posting. But the ones who are posting are saying stuff like:

They investigated this (KA beatdown) last year and it was proven false because no charges were filed. DN was just hosting his 21st BD and the cops came because it was noisy and decided to arrest DN because they are overzealous assholes looking to make a name for themselves.

grinnindawg
02-18-2014, 07:43 PM
I'd be sad for those involved, but not that surprised.
If someone at MSU covered up a real crime, I'd want them gone.

We have a pretty good reference point from when our OLineman busted a cap in the air on some homeys a few years back.
I was sad for what the young man gave away, but watching others reaction to it taught me a valuable lesson.
Taking a whole lot of joy in the pain of others is a massive character flaw.

As good as OM seems to be at burying things compared to us, I'm shocked this timeline of stuff actually saw the light of day.

engie
02-18-2014, 07:44 PM
I'd be SERIOUSLY concerned about the direction our program was heading in if I had this much crap grouped right together --especially if it came slightly over 2 years after the last coach TOTALLY QUIT on us and cost the school almost $10 million to run off...

It's almost to the point that Freeze is going to have to address this as a cumulative issue. Doesn't seem that it was "cleaned up" for very long...

esplanade91
02-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Easy. How would you react when a head coach at MSU is widely known to be paying players, kicking the worse of 2 players off after the better of the 2 starts a public fist fight involving the both of them, doesn't do anything when 90% of the team is known to be toking up every day (gameday included), and allowing kids to completely avoid training? We'd run him off despite being one of the top 3 all-time greatest coaches.

And Mullen might not be one of the all-time top 3 greatest coaches, so I don't know if he'd get the same treatment Stans got.

**Ole Miss/Freeze is still better than being a Scientologist and dooming players' souls to hell.

solodawg
02-18-2014, 08:57 PM
They are sooooo desperate to win and be relevant- they will overlook that kind of stuff. You dont go to the lengths they do to cover shit up and it work out well in the end. They have tried to settle this thing for a year to keep it out of the news- and they lost this time.

Coach34 hit the nail on the head..Mullen whipping that ass has OM supporters desperate. They sold their souls last year to bring in a top recruiting class and now it is out of control with no end in sight. They are stuck with those guys because of the way they got them to OM..

Political Hack
02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
the DUMPSTER FIRE never went out. It was just smoldering the whole time and had reignited with a vengeance.

right now the only thing they have working in their favor is one good recruiting class and a favorable schedule next year. zig they can't survive that, it's the beginning of the end for that program.

State82
02-18-2014, 10:24 PM

When you lay down with pigs, you get dirty. Looks like the chickens may be headed home to roost.

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Easy. How would you react when a head coach at MSU is widely known to be paying players, kicking the worse of 2 players off after the better of the 2 starts a public fist fight involving the both of them, doesn't do anything when 90% of the team is known to be toking up every day (gameday included), and allowing kids to completely avoid training? We'd run him off despite being one of the top 3 all-time greatest coaches.

And Mullen might not be one of the all-time top 3 greatest coaches, so I don't know if he'd get the same treatment Stans got.

**Ole Miss/Freeze is still better than being a Scientologist and dooming players' souls to hell.

If that kind of stuff was going on with Dan, I would be pissed. I understand that things are going to happen from time to time, but if it's major incidents like players bashing in a frat boys head and doing drugs and it's the same players over and over and he didn't take action- I'd question his leadership abilities. Because that tells me that he is about to lose control and that the players are running things.

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 10:47 PM
the DUMPSTER FIRE never went out. It was just smoldering the whole time and had reignited with a vengeance.

right now the only thing they have working in their favor is one good recruiting class and a favorable schedule next year. zig they can't survive that, it's the beginning of the end for that program.

We'll know more about Ole Miss after the Boise State game. They have been remarkably lucky on the field the past two years. Like playing Texas the week they fire their DC, Les Miles going full retard which is a feat in and of itself, playing us with a dysfunctional defense, beating Vandy on the road on a 70 yard jet sweep of all things, I could go on. Even their bowl game- they get a one dimensional team that their DC used to coach for.