PDA

View Full Version : And here's the big news

Raytoraid83
02-18-2014, 05:44 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/ole-misss-denzel-and-robert-nkemdiche-sued-for-2-million-allegedly-knocked-out-stomped-man-at-party.php

Hugh Freeze has some preaching to do

Lloyd Christmas
02-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Holy ****. Can someone PLEASE give me a "**** Up" timeline for this school in the past month? This is just epic

Bert Stare
02-18-2014, 05:47 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/ole-misss-denzel-and-robert-nkemdiche-sued-for-2-million-allegedly-knocked-out-stomped-man-at-party.php

Hugh Freeze has some preaching to do

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/no-you-didnt1.gif

EAVdog
02-18-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm sure nothing will come of this since this was all just made up rumors on Elite Dawgs.

TexasDawg
02-18-2014, 05:48 PM
I thought those two were the perfect role models for today's youth.*****

BeastMan
02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
I wrote about this rumor on Feb 19th 2013. Yes over a year ago. Was cyber stalked and attacked by some crazy rival fans. Turns out there was some truth to the rumor. Link>> http://3rdand57.com/?s=fight+night

Dawghouse
02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
http://replygif.net/i/135.gif

BeastMan
02-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Not content with the knockout blow Robert Nkemdiche and five other football players, unidentified but sued as John Does in the lawsuit, then are accused of kicking and stomping the plaintiff as he was passed out on the ground. Everett, the plaintiff's friend, dove on the ground and covered the unconscious plaintiff, leading to his also being beaten. According to the complaint, Everett was beaten so severely that his eardrum was busted and his middle ear was severely injured.

911 was called and the plaintiff was transported to the hospital in an ambulance. But before authorities could arrive, the Nkemdiche brothers and the five other football players fled the scene. The plaintiff was knocked unconscious for 12 to 15 minutes and his body began to convulse in a seizure. He was taken to the emergency room where he was treated for multiple injuries, including a severe head injury. Wow

bannedwayne
02-18-2014, 05:53 PM
I wrote about this rumor on Feb 13th 2013. Yes over a year ago. Was cyber stalked and attacked by some crazy rival fans. Turns out there was some truth to the rumor. Link>> http://3rdand57.com/?s=fight+night

Considering that this incident happened on February 17th, 2013, you must have some crazyass future powers.

BeardoMSU
http://img.pandawhale.com/45981-Sweet-Jesus-mother-of-god-Jura-ytNE.gif

engie
Somehow I missed this one... Mods please merge...

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm curious as to who John Doe's 1-5 are.

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 05:56 PM
I wrote about this rumor on Feb 13th 2013. Yes over a year ago. Was cyber stalked and attacked by some crazy rival fans. Turns out there was some truth to the rumor. Link>> http://3rdand57.com/?s=fight+night

It makes you wonder what other rumors are true.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Aren't they good friends with Jeremy hill?

Raytoraid83
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Another big thing that come out of this is if Hugh Freeze knew about it and didn't do any discipline action with it at the time.

engie
Considering that this incident happened on February 17th, 2013, you must have some crazyass future powers.

If you actually read Steve's link, you will find that he actually wrote about it on Feb 19. He just misdated his first response here....

slickdawg
So coach34 dressed up as Denzel and Robert and did this, right? **

engie
02-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Another big thing that come out of this is if Hugh Freeze knew about it and didn't do any discipline action with it at the time.

There was a criminal investigation in which there was no indictable wrongdoing found by OPD...

So, it wasn't a legal issue -- it's just become a civil one...

bannedwayne
02-18-2014, 05:59 PM
If you actually read Steve's link, you will find that he actually wrote about it on Feb 19. He just misdated his first response here....

Thanks for pointing that out. Tried to open the link, but have an office filter on 3rdand57 that classifies it as spam. My boss is a bear.

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm sure nothing will come of this since this was all just made up rumors on Elite Dawgs.

It's really probably Coach, Flab, and Cadaver suing them just to make Ole Miss look bad.**

BeastMan
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM

Thanks. Just fixed it

BeardoMSU
02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
If this is in fact true, I bet it will still be difficult to prove, because the same KA's who witnessed it then and lied about it, are going to lie about it again. Can you imagine the shower of shit that would rain down on them if they flipped on Denzel and Rob?

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
There was a criminal investigation in which there was no indictable wrongdoing found by OPD...

How on Earth? It's really hard to fake a busted a ear drum. And there had to have been almost 100 witnesses.

slickdawg
02-18-2014, 06:02 PM

But Freeze was clearly aware of the fight and severe injuries suffered by the plantiff. He was so disturbed by this action, he started both Robert and Denzel in the season opener.

EAVdog
02-18-2014, 06:02 PM
That kid better be glad he wasn't an assistant coach, or he would have really gotten whipped.

messageboardsuperhero
02-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Just a stupid ED rumor. Nothing to see here.**

Seriously, a lot of the "bullshit rumors" that start over here have turned out to be true months after the fact.

And yes, I would like to see a "UM ****-up" timeline for the past month as well. It seems as the though the lunatics are running the asylum after all.

DCdawg
02-18-2014, 06:11 PM
When asked for a response, Denzel released a statement saying, "God got me." It couldn't be immediately determined if he was referring to Freeze in his statement.****

Sacrifice
02-18-2014, 06:19 PM
Holy shit somebody needs to check those two dumb ****s closets for a pair of camo pants..

engie
02-18-2014, 06:20 PM
If this is in fact true, I bet it will still be difficult to prove, because the same KA's who witnessed it then and lied about it, are going to lie about it again. Can you imagine the shower of shit that would rain down on them if they flipped on Denzel and Rob?

Burden of proof basically doesn't exist in civil cases... It's a whole different game from criminal cases...

CadaverDawg
02-18-2014, 06:22 PM
It's really probably Coach, Flab, and Cadaver suing them just to make Ole Miss look bad.**

I took the curb stomping just so I could sue them and take them down. Thanks Kimdeech bros...you hit like girls.***

notsofarawaydawg
02-18-2014, 06:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NlLZ6oMXcfU/UW1dsjatGjI/AAAAAAAADwM/dmYx0Weu2Hg/s1600/cha-ching.gif

engie
02-18-2014, 06:24 PM
But Freeze was clearly aware of the fight and severe injuries suffered by the plantiff. He was so disturbed by this action, he started both Robert and Denzel in the season opener.

Freeze clearly thought the actions were justifiable in the same way that Mullen played Justin Cox in the opener despite his little physical altercation in the offseason. Of course, to our knowledge, Cox hasn't been sued yet...

Not really trying to play devil's advocate here -- just saying that this "story" and the responding actions aren't passing my sniff test...

BeardoMSU
02-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Also, I know that the amount of time since the "alleged" occurrence makes people think that it may be bull shit, but given that this law firm is "big-time" (not my words), they were likely spending that year getting the case together, talking to witnesses, getting doctor affidavits confirming said mental distress, etc.

Something that does stand out a bit to me, though, is the fact that the other five players (John Does 1-5) weren't identified. That being said, these two brothers were and still are THE rock stars of that campus, so them standing out more so than other players is not farfetched.

This is really going to be interesting to watch unfold.

Political Hack
02-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm hearing High Freeze's name may end up being promenently displayed in this episode.

This is big time trouble for them... but "It's Still Coming" and it won't be pretty.

Political Hack
02-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Also, I know that the amount of time since the "alleged" occurrence makes people think that it may be bull shit, but given that this law firm is "big-time" (not my words), they were likely spending that year getting the case together, talking to witnesses, getting doctor affidavits confirming said mental distress, etc.

Something that does stand out a bit to me, though, is the fact that the other five players (John Does 1-5) weren't identified. That being said, these two brothers were and still are THE rock stars of that campus, so them standing out more so than other players is not farfetched.

This is really going to be interesting to watch unfold.

I'd think the timing of the release has more to do with the fact that NSD has now passed and it won't hurt them nearly as bad as it would have in Dec/Jan.

slickdawg
02-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Well, it wasn't filed with the courts until Valentine's Day. I doubt the plantiff nor his attorney cared about the influence of NSD, they got their case ready and filed when they were ready.

MitchD24
02-18-2014, 06:36 PM
This is great timing with this 2015 class

Dallas_Dawg
02-18-2014, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Is this story from a reputable source? I'm not real familiar with outkickthecoverage.com

blacklistedbully
02-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Burden of proof basically doesn't exist in civil cases... It's a whole different game from criminal cases...

Criminal cases require proof, "beyond a reasonable doubt", whereas civil suits only require, "the preponderance of the evidence" (which essentially means that it was more likely than not that something occurred in a certain way).

deltadawg99
02-18-2014, 06:49 PM
But guys remember they Play for Love not Hate

Raytoraid83
02-18-2014, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Is this story from a reputable source? I'm not real familiar with outkickthecoverage.com

OutKickTheCoverage is written by Clay Travis who works for Fox sports, so yes it's a very reliable source.

engie
02-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Let's not forget the Deadspin piece that's coming on Friday**

Op4isabitch
02-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Little Dicky Cross sure has a sandy vag over this subject.

He is the stereotypical UM idiot asshole. I don't understand how he or anyone can try to justify the actions of the Nkemdiche brothers.

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Little Dicky Cross sure has a sandy vag over this subject.

He is the stereotypical UM idiot asshole. I don't understand how he or anyone can try to justify the actions of the Nkemdiche brothers.

If I was an Ole Miss fan, I would want them kicked off the team.

Joliet Jake
02-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Well, it wasn't filed with the courts until Valentine's Day. I doubt the plantiff nor his attorney cared about the influence of NSD, they got their case ready and filed when they were ready.

Yeah NSD had nothing to do with this. The statute of limitations on intentional torts in Mississippi is one year, making Monday the 17th the deadline to file the lawsuit. With Monday being a holiday that some local courts follow and some don't in Memphis, the attorney probably filed on Friday to be on the safe side in getting it filed on time. They have likely been getting as much together as possible, but also may have been in discussions with someone working on behalf of the Nkemdiche's that they did not feel was going any where. Getting enough information together to file a complaint and drafting a decent one much sooner than that would be hard unless they started on it the week after this occurred. The timing was due to the Statute of Limitations.

This firm has between 40-50 lawyers and a good reputation here in Memphis. They are not some fly by night, ambulance chasing plaintiff's firm. They specialize in business matters and handle the defensive side of civil litigation a great deal. The lawyer who signed the pleadings that were filed has only been practicing around 10 years, but has a good reputation with the local bar from what I can tell from speaking to a small number of people. This particular attorney and firm are not going to take on a piece of litigation unless there is something that gives them the impression that there is a decent chance of recovering something. They will handle the litigation right and in doing so, no telling what will come to light during the course of the litigation. And all of this will be public record. Going to be interesting to watch.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2014, 07:04 PM
I just talked to one of my best buds, who is an Ole Miss alum, and he said the same thing - if the alleged incident is true, however, which is completely fine. If one of our guys was implicated in a situation like this (e.g., a Dak or C.J. type player), we'd want to give them the benefit of the doubt also.

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 07:05 PM
When will this case likely go to trial?

Todd4State
02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I just talked to one of my best buds, who is an Ole Miss alum, and he said the same thing - if the alleged incident is true, however, which is completely fine. If one of our guys was implicated in a situation like this (e.g., a Dak or C.J. type player), we'd want to give them the benefit of the doubt also.

I can certainly understand the benefit of the doubt as fans- but for me it's the severity of the charge (beating someone up vs. a parking ticket) and the fact that these guys have had multiple incidents. They are completely out of control.

Coach34
02-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Joliet Jake....great screen name....now we need an Elwood

RC3
02-18-2014, 07:09 PM

I'd say sometime after the 2016 nfl draft.

thunderclap
02-18-2014, 07:26 PM
God got em.

blacklistedbully
02-18-2014, 07:33 PM
God got em.

But the "long-arm of the law" got em first!

hacker
02-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Holy shit somebody needs to check those two dumb ****s closets for a pair of camo pants..

I think it was Chris Bosh

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/screen-shot-2014-02-16-at-7-48-30-pm.png

Raytoraid83
02-18-2014, 07:42 PM
This is big time trouble for them... but "It's Still Coming" and it won't be pretty.

I'm hearing "IT" could be coming in as little as 24hrs..

Political Hack
02-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Yeah NSD had nothing to do with this. The statute of limitations on intentional torts in Mississippi is one year, making Monday the 17th the deadline to file the lawsuit. With Monday being a holiday that some local courts follow and some don't in Memphis, the attorney probably filed on Friday to be on the safe side in getting it filed on time. They have likely been getting as much together as possible, but also may have been in discussions with someone working on behalf of the Nkemdiche's that they did not feel was going any where. Getting enough information together to file a complaint and drafting a decent one much sooner than that would be hard unless they started on it the week after this occurred. The timing was due to the Statute of Limitations.

This firm has between 40-50 lawyers and a good reputation here in Memphis. They are not some fly by night, ambulance chasing plaintiff's firm. They specialize in business matters and handle the defensive side of civil litigation a great deal. The lawyer who signed the pleadings that were filed has only been practicing around 10 years, but has a good reputation with the local bar from what I can tell from speaking to a small number of people. This particular attorney and firm are not going to take on a piece of litigation unless there is something that gives them the impression that there is a decent chance of recovering something. They will handle the litigation right and in doing so, no telling what will come to light during the course of the litigation. And all of this will be public record. Going to be interesting to watch.

post. more. often.

Joliet Jake
02-18-2014, 07:55 PM

There is almost no good guess on something like this. It all depends on the judge and how aggressive he is with managing his docket and the parties and how aggressive they are in moving the litigation along. I will say this, I've never heard anyone complain about civil litigation moving too fast.

Political Hack
02-18-2014, 08:04 PM
This is an absolutely unreal response by the University of Mississippi: "When this alleged incident occurred, the proper authorities investigated the matter and could find no evidence of wrong-doing related to Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche or any other members of our football program. This is a personal matter for them and we will support Denzel and Robert while they defend themselves in this civil case."

They are screwed. If the university doesn't support them and/or kicks them off the team, they could easily spill the beans. Ole Miss is in a position to where they have to support them and keep them on the team... at least one of them, to keep them from running their mouths. I have a feeling someone is gathering up the $2 million right now...

Pollodawg
02-18-2014, 08:16 PM
I always hear bad shit is going to happen and OM football will be tossed in the trash heap, justice at long last, but then it never is...........

AlSwearengen
02-18-2014, 08:43 PM
This is an absolutely unreal response by the University of Mississippi: "When this alleged incident occurred, the proper authorities investigated the matter and could find no evidence of wrong-doing related to Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche or any other members of our football program. This is a personal matter for them and we will support Denzel and Robert while they defend themselves in this civil case."

They are screwed. If the university doesn't support them and/or kicks them off the team, they could easily spill the beans. Ole Miss is in a position to where they have to support them and keep them on the team... at least one of them, to keep them from running their mouths. I have a feeling someone is gathering up the $2 million right now...

Yeah, looks like the "Forward Rebels" fund is about to take a hit.

Joliet Jake
02-18-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't typically buy into the talk that they are about to pay the price for something. The way I look at it is that everyone is cheating in some way and for one program to have the book thrown at them typically would have a ripple effect on other teams because nothing happens unless someone talks, and if someone is talking they are unlikely to rat out just one team when everyone is playing the game to some extent. Same thing with having extra curricular activities swept under the rug. So to me, it's rare to see big time punishment because it is in the best interest for all of the teams (especially in a conference like the SEC) for things to remain with the status quo. It's survival to avoid eating our own more than we already do.

However, this is a completely different situation. It has a great deal more credence to me due to who filed the suit. They are not going to just file anything that walks through the door. They would do their due diligence and wouldn't file suit unless there was a reasonable chance they could recover something. Too much effort and expense in bringing a lawsuit, especially one that could be contentious in nature as this one will be. And since everything that will be filed with the Court is public record, discovery responses for example, there is the potential for a great deal of information that would normally remain private coming to a public light. As the remainder of the media catches wind of this, Travis likely got the drop due to his connections in the Tennessee legal community from when he practiced, it will become harder and harder to contain the information that changes hand in the litigation. Media outlets file motions, and win, all the time to have information sealed in a Court proceeding unsealed. A judge would have to have some really compelling reasons to keep most of the record sealed on something like this because that decision will be challenged most likely at some point.

Political Hack
02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
no way a MS judge in Lafeyette county releases this. the only thing they can hope for is a change of venue based on the level of corroboration in the alledged potential cover up and the extent to which various parties, including the authorities, could be involved.

If they get a change of venue, and I think they'd be stupid not to try it, they'll have a much better chance at these things going public almost immediately.

Coach34
02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
I don't typically buy into the talk that they are about to pay the price for something. The way I look at it is that everyone is cheating in some way and for one program to have the book thrown at them typically would have a ripple effect on other teams because nothing happens unless someone talks, and if someone is talking they are unlikely to rat out just one team when everyone is playing the game to some extent. Same thing with having extra curricular activities swept under the rug. So to me, it's rare to see big time punishment because it is in the best interest for all of the teams (especially in a conference like the SEC) for things to remain with the status quo. It's survival to avoid eating our own more than we already do.

However, this is a completely different situation. It has a great deal more credence to me due to who filed the suit. They are not going to just file anything that walks through the door. They would do their due diligence and wouldn't file suit unless there was a reasonable chance they could recover something. Too much effort and expense in bringing a lawsuit, especially one that could be contentious in nature as this one will be. And since everything that will be filed with the Court is public record, discovery responses for example, there is the potential for a great deal of information that would normally remain private coming to a public light. As the remainder of the media catches wind of this, Travis likely got the drop due to his connections in the Tennessee legal community from when he practiced, it will become harder and harder to contain the information that changes hand in the litigation. Media outlets file motions, and win, all the time to have information sealed in a Court proceeding unsealed. A judge would have to have some really compelling reasons to keep most of the record sealed on something like this because that decision will be challenged most likely at some point.

translated means- "settlement coming with a gag order of some type built in."

mjh94
02-18-2014, 09:17 PM
I'll chime in too and reiterate what many have said. Burch Porter Johnson is not a Cory B Trotz ambulance chasing firm. This is not a typical type of case for them. If BPJ filed this suit, somebody has BPJ connections or BPJ strongly believes they are walking away with some $$ for their client.

They have an excellent reputation here in the Memphis area. I just don't see them taking on a bullshit case.

PassInterference
02-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Maybe the case was filed because Robert could be a millionaire before the case is over.

Coach34
02-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Maybe the case was filed because Robert could be a millionaire before the case is over.

he keeps ****ing up and his draft stock gonna plummet

I seen it dawg
02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
And doesn't get any better. He ain't Clowney. Or Chris Jones for that matter. He's quickly headed to 5-star bust land.

RougeDawg
02-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Aren't they good friends with Jeremy hill?

I believe you're on to something with this one.... Stay tuned....

SignalToNoise
02-18-2014, 11:03 PM

I thought the same thing. That sounds like something that would have been printed in Pravda at the height of the USSR.

RougeDawg
02-18-2014, 11:04 PM

Has OPD ever uncovered any evidence of wrongdoing in an investigation of an alleged crime by a OM Football player? They kept this entire thing under the rug for over a year, and if not for the civil case, would have been dust in the wind. OM just finally ran into a victim that didn't take the hush payday.

RougeDawg
02-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Joliet Jake....great screen name....now we need an Elwood

He's filming the James Brown movie in Jackson.

Original48
02-18-2014, 11:13 PM
And doesn't get any better. He ain't Clowney. Or Chris Jones for that matter.
And he damn sure ain't Larry Csonka.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Has OPD ever uncovered any evidence of wrongdoing in an investigation of an alleged crime by a OM Football player? They kept this entire thing under the rug for over a year, and if not for the civil case, would have been dust in the wind. OM just finally ran into a victim that didn't take the hush payday.

Is anyone on here involved with law enforcement agencies and does the state investigate police departments that are apparently incompetent to perform their jobs?