PDA

View Full Version : Hubert Davis

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 09:13 PM
What do you guys think about this guy as a potential down the line HC? He has been Roy Williams top assistant for the last 2 years after Williams begged him to take the job. Before that he was on the College Gameday crew with ESPN. He is very energetic and has a terrific personality plus ESPN absolutely loves him. He knows his hoops. Just saying. Something to keep in mind down the road maybe. I imagine he's going to start getting HC offers pretty soon.

bully99
02-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Roy Williams would tell him to turn the job down. Williams turned it down in 1986. Said in his autobiography, there were too many rebel flags on campus.

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Roy Williams would tell him to turn the job down. Williams turned it down in 1986. Said in his autobiography, there were too many rebel flags on campus.

We aren't Oxford

bully99
02-17-2014, 09:46 PM
His autobiography came out couple years ago and he actually said when he came to msu for his interview and was offered the job, he was uncomfortable with the rebel flags on campus. I have no clue what he was talking about.

msstate7
02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
His autobiography came out couple years ago and he actually said when he came to msu for his interview and was offered the job, he was uncomfortable with the rebel flags on campus. I have no clue what he was talking about.

State flag maybe?

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 10:03 PM

That was almost thirty years ago and he probably got it confused. Hubert Davis has been to Starkville before and his buddy Reece Davis has been many times. I can't imagine Roy Williams being that stupid.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Just impressed we offered Roy Williams the job...we still got a Williams though, so it was ok