PDA

View Full Version : Stands Year 1 vs Ray Year 1

Coach34
02-17-2014, 02:53 PM
This is a thread that is in no way bashing anybody. Just going to post what each coach inherited:

Stands inherited a team 2 years removed from a Final Four that he and Williams had been rebuilding since:

3 starters returned

Tyrone Washington- Sr- ended up being drafted
Detrick White-Sr- averaged double figures after coming in from juco
Bart Hyche- Sr- is in the State all-time top 10 for 3 pointers made
Oral Roberts- Sr- averaged about 8 PPG in 99
Tang Hamilton- signed a couple of 10 day contracts in the NBA
Micheal Gholar- solid player at State
Todd Myles- solid PG
Robert Jackson- talented Freshman that ended up leaving and starting on a Final Four team- true Freshman
Marckell Patterson- freshman that was a solid player at State- true freshman
Tyrus Boswell- talented player that partied his way out of college basketball- true freshman

Ray inherited a team ridiculed by the national press:

0 returning starters

Wendell Lewis- got hurt in Ray's 1st season and never played again after 10 games
Jalen Steele- blew his knee out halfway thru Ray's 1st season
Kristers Zedakis- never played a second. Smoked his way out of college
Shaun Smith- never played a second. Smoked his way out of college
Roq Johnson- back-up SEC player
Craig Sword- solid SEC player- true freshman
Gavin Ware- solid SEC player- true freshman
Fred Thomas- decent SEC player- true freshman

It took Stands 4 seasons to get State into the NCAA- and that was in addition to the two rebuilding seasons he and Williams spent building that very good 99 team in 97 and 98.

Stands lost 4 starters off his 1st team- so his 2nd team in 2000 went 14-16 and 5-11 in the SEC playing with a bunch of Sophs and Freshmen (kinda like we are now). Only had 1 Sr- like this team we have now. In Year 2, Stands lost to Montana State, Valpo, Rutgers...lost by 23 in 1st game of SEC Tourney

Stands 3rd team- went 18-13 and 7-9 in the SEC...Hamilton, Antonio Jackson, Robert Jackson, Marckell Patterson, Zimmerman, Austin, Gholar, Bowers, etc...

Rebuilding is tough- especially starting at 0 like Ray did. Dont like every rebuild we have had is the same.

ScoobaDawg
02-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Can you show me this coach named "Stands". I can't seem to find anyone with that name in our history.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Can you show me this coach named "Stands". I can't seem to find anyone with that name in our history.

I cant find a coach in our history named "The Kang"- but somehow people figure out who he is

TheRef
02-17-2014, 02:59 PM

That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Vandownbytheriver
02-17-2014, 03:09 PM
The guy is no longer our coach. Isn't that what you wanted? Judge Ray on his ability and his alone. The constant need to defend Ray is the same thing you harped on when people did it with Stansbury.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 03:17 PM
That's the whole point. Let's let Ray rebuild it and then judge. How fair would it have been to pass judgement on Stands at the end of his 2nd season? We have too many people that have already "judged" Ray

Vandownbytheriver
02-17-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm rooting for the guy, but he has to either start playing the AAU game or hire a damn recruiter. Granted rebuilding does take time, but in basketball you can get a couple of good basketball players and at least play in the postseason.

Side note, my favorite State basketball player of all-time is Colin Borchert. There is something about a dude who looks like he might have a straight razor in his sock that just appeals to me.

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
We fired Stansbury so we could get a better coach. Nobody had Rick Ray in mind for his replacement. It's kinda like tearing down Dudy Noble and replacing it with a tball field.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 03:29 PM
We fired Stansbury so we could get a better coach.

Not technically true...we fired Stands to hire someone that would change the culture of the program

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Not technically true...we fired Stands to hire someone that would change the culture of the program

I'd be shocked if RR was in your top 100 replacements when you called for Stansbury's head the previous eight seasons.

mic
02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
We fired Stansbury so we could get a better coach. Nobody had Rick Ray in mind for his replacement. It's kinda like tearing down Dudy Noble and replacing it with a tball field.

I get your point. But we don't know if RR is going to be a successful coach here or not
The 'IT" coach last year was the Fla Gulc Coast head coach..
That guy is in his first year at USC, which won 7 conference games or so lat year. he is 1-11 in conference this year..
What basically EVERYONE is saying is give RR a few years.. If he isn't winning after year 4, he will be gone..

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I get your point. But we don't know if RR is going to be a successful coach here or not
The 'IT" coach last year was the Fla Gulc Coast head coach..
That guy is in his first year at USC, which won 7 conference games or so lat year. he is 1-11 in conference this year..
What basically EVERYONE is saying is give RR a few years.. If he isn't winning after year 4, he will be gone..

Just hire Bruce Pearl. Problem solved.

thf24
02-17-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't think Bruce Pearl and Bracky would get along very well.

TheDogFather
02-17-2014, 04:20 PM
I cant find a coach in our history named "The Kang"- but somehow people figure out who he is

Except "The Kang" is not derogatory. And for you to 1. act innocent and 2. try and substantiate is why nobody takes you seriously.

TheDogFather
02-17-2014, 04:21 PM

Is that you, Scott Stricklin?

Coach34
02-17-2014, 04:25 PM
And for you to 1. act innocent and 2. try and substantiate is why nobody takes you seriously.

Nobody takes me seriously? Really?

Amazing how quickly this site has caught on in spite of that huh?

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
This is a thread that is in no way bashing anybody. Just going to post what each coach inherited:

Stands inherited a team 2 years removed from a Final Four that he and Williams had been rebuilding since:

3 starters returned

Tyrone Washington- Sr- ended up being drafted
Detrick White-Sr- averaged double figures after coming in from juco
Bart Hyche- Sr- is in the State all-time top 10 for 3 pointers made
Oral Roberts- Sr- averaged about 8 PPG in 99
Tang Hamilton- signed a couple of 10 day contracts in the NBA
Micheal Gholar- solid player at State
Todd Myles- solid PG
Robert Jackson- talented Freshman that ended up leaving and starting on a Final Four team- true Freshman
Marckell Patterson- freshman that was a solid player at State- true freshman
Tyrus Boswell- talented player that partied his way out of college basketball- true freshman

Ray inherited a team ridiculed by the national press:

0 returning starters

Wendell Lewis- got hurt in Ray's 1st season and never played again after 10 games
Jalen Steele- blew his knee out halfway thru Ray's 1st season
Kristers Zedakis- never played a second. Smoked his way out of college
Shaun Smith- never played a second. Smoked his way out of college
Roq Johnson- back-up SEC player
Craig Sword- solid SEC player- true freshman
Gavin Ware- solid SEC player- true freshman
Fred Thomas- decent SEC player- true freshman

It took Stands 4 seasons to get State into the NCAA- and that was in addition to the two rebuilding seasons he and Williams spent building that very good 99 team in 97 and 98.

Stands lost 4 starters off his 1st team- so his 2nd team in 2000 went 14-16 and 5-11 in the SEC playing with a bunch of Sophs and Freshmen (kinda like we are now). Only had 1 Sr- like this team we have now. In Year 2, Stands lost to Montana State, Valpo, Rutgers...lost by 23 in 1st game of SEC Tourney

Stands 3rd team- went 18-13 and 7-9 in the SEC...Hamilton, Antonio Jackson, Robert Jackson, Marckell Patterson, Zimmerman, Austin, Gholar, Bowers, etc...

Rebuilding is tough- especially starting at 0 like Ray did. Dont like every rebuild we have had is the same.

Let it be noted Stans recruited most of those players. and His first year they went 20-13. In a much tougher SEC than is the case today. Also it was harder to get into the Big Dance. I think we would be tickled if ray won twenty and got into the NIT. 18-13 in your third year Rick Ray would be voted Coach of the Year by Coach andHis Minions.

mic
02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Honest question.. why do some of you get so offended when Coach refers to Stansbury as "Stands".. You would think he was calling him a c*ck sucker...
And since it does offend everyone that bad, is it ok if I have to refer to him I do it as Stans.???? I will leave off the D..

maroonmania
02-17-2014, 04:34 PM

Well we did that. We exchanged a guy that recruited his butt off and knew how to get talented players on campus to a guy who has no recruiting ties to the area and apparently is trying to do all his recruiting the dreaded "right way". I actually like Ray as a coach but unless his recruiting jumps significantly he has NO chance to last long term. Stans definitely had his problems with the talent once it got to campus but if you can't get talent to begin with you've got not shot at having a winning program or getting fans in the stands.

mic
02-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Let it be noted Stans recruited most of those players. and His first year they went 20-13. In a much tougher SEC than is the case today. Also it was harder to get into the Big Dance. I think we would be tickled if ray won twenty and got into the NIT. 18-13 in your third year Rick Ray would be voted Coach of the Year by Coach andHis Minions.

And in year 2 he goes 14-16 and 5-13 in the league.. with a good team
Again for the 1000th time all Coach is basically doing is saying give RR a few years...

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 04:40 PM

Disagree. Look at the current top 25. How many teams like Wichita St., Creighton, St. Louis and Southern Methodist were taking up the 64 spots in 99? Much less. The mid-major basketball has gotten significantly better than it was 15 years ago. The SEC is about the 8th best conference right now. Maybe worse.

mic
02-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Well we did that. We exchanged a guy that recruited his butt off and knew how to get talented players on campus to a guy who has no recruiting ties to the area and apparently is trying to do all his recruiting the dreaded "right way". I actually like Ray as a coach but unless his recruiting jumps significantly he has NO chance to last long term. Stans definitely had his problems with the talent once it got to campus but if you can't get talent to begin with you've got not shot at having a winning program or getting fans in the stands.

Yes.. But he has been here like 18 months.. He has a pretty solid class lined up for next year.. If after year 4 he hasn't won then he is prob gone..

Coach34
02-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Disagree. Look at the current top 25. How many teams like Wichita St., Creighton, St. Louis and Southern Methodist were taking up the 64 spots in 99? Much less. The mid-major basketball has gotten significantly better than it was 15 years ago. The SEC is about the 8th best conference right now. Maybe worse.

Yes, it is much harder now to get the NCAA Tourney. Mid-Majors have made a huge leap in college basketball. But these idiots are too dumb to realize it

Coach34
02-17-2014, 04:47 PM

Let it play out before judging...that's all I'm saying. We'll see what years 3 and 4 have in store for us. I guarantee it will be better than what we have now

Coach34
02-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Let it be noted Stans recruited most of those players. and His first year they went 20-13.

That was the whole point of my post Socrates. And it still took him 4 years to get to the NCAA's. And he had a losing record in Year 2- despite recruiting that team for 4 years

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 05:08 PM
That was the whole point of my post Socrates. And it still took him 4 years to get to the NCAA's. And he had a losing record in Year 2- despite recruiting that team for 4 years

Our University has grown and our standards have grown with it. The higher standard we set when we all wanted Stansbury fired and Stricklin agreed to has dropped immediately. We viewed ourselves as a top 5 SEC program the day before Stansbury was let go and very very quickly everyone allowed MSU to fall to the floor of the SEC in terms of how we view and others view our program. Something went terribly wrong here. Poor Ol Mississippi State ran rampant over the basketball hire and continues to cover the basketball program today. We as a University have this awful poor man's syndrome or some shit. We constantly don't view ourselves as equals to the rest of the SEC except maybe the bottom. We brought our basketball program back down to the levels we feel most comfortable at being and what's comfortable for us subconsciously is to be at the bottom. We have got to stop doing this to our University. It's disgusting behavior we are all guilty of.

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Yes, it is much harder now to get the NCAA Tourney. Mid-Majors have made a huge leap in college basketball. But these idiots are too dumb to realize it

Easy Coach, I might think you are an idiot but I'm not going to call you one on a message Board. Surely you don't have to stoop to that level.

engie
02-17-2014, 05:32 PM

1999 NCAA tournament:
30 power 6 teams. 34 midmajors.
1 midmajor in Elite 8. 3 in sweet 16.

2013 NCAA tournament:
32 power 6 teams. 36 midmajors.

"Much less".

Coach34
02-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Easy Coach, I might think you are an idiot but I'm not going to call you one on a message Board. Surely you don't have to stoop to that level.

10 years ago- the major conferences got 50% of the bids. They dont anymore. The game has changed

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 05:37 PM

Stans won 52 games in his first three years against a good SEC and a tougher All-around schedule. i just don't see how you think that is terrible, This years team has a SOS of 343 out of 351 and a RPI of 187 and steady falling. But instead of You finding any fault with that putridpile of sgo shit you want to digress to Stansbury. hell Forget Stansbury and just get all warm and fuzzy over Rick Ray. I'll never defend Stansbury again if you agree to never bash Him again. Then we can spend our time discussing like two adults(that means without calling people shitty names) why we love Ray or why we think he sux.

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 05:38 PM
The SEC is a power 6 conference by name only. We've dropped down to around the 8-10 range. It's harder for an SEC school not named Kentucky or Florida to make the NCAA tournament in 2014 than it was in 1999. Surely you agree with this.

ScoobaDawg
02-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Geez cant take a joke Coach?

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 05:40 PM
1999 NCAA tournament:
30 power 6 teams. 34 midmajors.

2013 NCAA tournament:
32 power 6 teams. 36 midmajors.

"Much less".

also 64 teams in1999 and 68 teams in 2013

Coach34
02-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Stans won 52 games in his first three years against a good SEC and a tougher All-around schedule.

OOC in 99-00:

Alabama A&M
Arkansas Pine Bluff
Valpo
Rutgers
Northwestern
SE La
W Kentucky
S. Carolina State
Centenary
Stanford
Idaho
Montana State
Jacksonville State

Yeahhhhhhh, Stands is famous for his tough OOC schedules

Coach34
02-17-2014, 05:48 PM
OOC in 98-99:

Arkansas Pine Bluff
Northwestern State
Belmont
Tennessee-Martin
Jacksonville State
Sam Houston State
Centenary
SE La
ULLafayette
E Kentucky
Texas
Fla State
ULLafayette again

Stands just burning up the OOC

MagnificentBastard
02-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Antonio Jackson, Zimmerman, Austin, Bowers,

Stansbury had added all of those players by his 3rd year. Ray won't add a single player as good as any of those 4 by his 3rd year.

MadDawg
02-17-2014, 05:55 PM

It's just coach being a dick. Don't hate a guy for being all he can be.

coastdoglover
02-17-2014, 06:22 PM
And also making sure he gets to bring up Rick Stansbury every day of his life. Gee, get over it, he is gone and your defensive attitude makes folks wonder if you are willing to own up to it if Rick Ray fails. I will guarantee this board you will switch gears and start saying"your guy" wasn't hired . It takes a big person to admit they are wrong. I cannot ever remember once you admitting you were wrong on anything. That is sad indeed.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Stansbury had added all of those players by his 3rd year. Ray won't add a single player as good as any of those 4 by his 3rd year.

You can't say that is a definite. But there is no doubt that Stands recruited well early on. That has never been disputed. But after his 2nd season- which was a losing season- nobody thought he was about to get a 4 straight NCAA Tourney run going in years 4-7

But they supported him still

drunkernhelldawg
02-17-2014, 06:35 PM

here here!

drunkernhelldawg
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Is Coach 34 a real person or is there a computer called "Anti-Stands" that keeps pumping this shit out?

"Anti-Stands, please open the door."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Coach."

"Please open the door. I have tickets."

"I'm sorry Coach. I'm afraid I can't do that in the present configuration."

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 06:42 PM
And also making sure he gets to bring up Rick Stansbury every day of his life. Gee, get over it, he is gone and your defensive attitude makes folks wonder if you are willing to own up to it if Rick Ray fails. I will guarantee this board you will switch gears and start saying"your guy" wasn't hired . It takes a big person to admit they are wrong. I cannot ever remember once you admitting you were wrong on anything. That is sad indeed.

Nobody was wrong for wanting Stansbury gone and nobody got the next coach they expected. Scott Stricklin went rogue assassin on our program and decimated it. Maybe all he asked of Ray is to gut out the Black Plague that Stansbury had allowed to consume the program and after the dirty work had been done he'd see then about the next coach. Ray does still have time to prove it needs to be him. I will say this about Rick Ray. We haven't had a single suspension this year on the basketball team. Not for drugs or missing classes or fights in the stands or locker room. We have also obviously been using our S&C program. Clearly so far Rick Ray is light years ahead of Rick Stansbury in both of these areas. Good job on that Rick Ray.

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 08:13 PM

So you think People taking you seriously is why ED has taken off? Jimmy Fallon is looking for some comedy writers , maybe you should apply.Because your bashing Stansbury on a never ending basis is a ****ing joke

Coach34
02-17-2014, 08:42 PM
I dont bash Stands- I simply point our facts. What's sad is that the facts point out the truth and it shows he isnt the John Wooden you ****ers think he is.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 08:46 PM
The only joke around here is a bunch of posters that still hero worship a coach that had to be fires because he was too weak to keep control of his program

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 09:02 PM
The only joke around here is a bunch of posters that still hero worship a coach that had to be fires because he was too weak to keep control of his program

You didn't respond to me saying I would quit defending RS if you would quit bashing Him. Lets just discuss our current team and our current Coach. RS is gone,I hate it, you love it, so lets move on. There is plenty to post about this team . A little good but mostly bad. Please point out some positives and give good reasons why you are so Ray Wooly. I'll try and have an open mind.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 09:07 PM
The thing is- I'm not some huge Ray supporter. I just think he deserves to be judged on what he does in years 3 and 4

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Coach, I forget that most of you Guys are youngsters.I remember in 1970 we beat Alabama and we rushed the Floor. It was our only SEC win.after the Babe, we went many years and were pitiful.I just don't want to return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.( that's from the LONE RANGER! For you youngsters )

engie
02-17-2014, 09:10 PM
The thing is- I'm not some huge Ray supporter. I just think he deserves to be judged on what he does in years 3 and 4

No -- you've got an agenda just like I do!!1!1

You are a piece of shit if you throw the former coach under the bus in attempt to get the current guy a fair shake he isn't getting. Of course, throwing the current coach and program under the bus to defend the former coach is totally 100% fair game...

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 09:17 PM
why does He get a 3-4 year pass. I think he should be judged every game He Coaches. Hell he is a SEC and makes a million. He knew when he took the job , he will Have to do the Job. so far IMHO he has failed on about every count. I listened to yOu Guys tell Me how this years team was going to be better than last years team. It looks worse to me. Y'all predict six conf. Wins . Don't see it happening. You did see our Rpi of 187 ? Our SoS is maybe the worst in our history.

So I'll feel better about you as the ED leader if you look at Ray and truthfully tell what you see and let's don't even mention RS..

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 09:24 PM

He will be judged in years 3 and 4 but that doesn't mean stick our heads in the sand during years 1 and 2 which I think some of y'all are doing. I think we can make the NCAA tournament next year. If tough decisions are made. That's why I'm so annoying/loud about it. If I wait till next year starts it's way too late. I have to yell over and over like a ****ing crazy person for y'all to listen. Do I want to do that? Not really but I will if it means we get into the NCAA tourney next year. I'll do it every year if it means that.

rabbitthedawg
02-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Let's put all this to bed and get behind our new coach! Five years from now if we still look like Auburn, then we can start a new!

mic
02-17-2014, 10:17 PM
why does He get a 3-4 year pass. I think he should be judged every game He Coaches. Hell he is a SEC and makes a million. He knew when he took the job , he will Have to do the Job. so far IMHO he has failed on about every count. I listened to yOu Guys tell Me how this years team was going to be better than last years team. It looks worse to me. Y'all predict six conf. Wins . Don't see it happening. You did see our Rpi of 187 ? Our SoS is maybe the worst in our history.

So I'll feel better about you as the ED leader if you look at Ray and truthfully tell what you see and let's don't even mention RS..

My take is that the team plays their ass off.. At least as good as you can for 8 players. There is no off or on the court BS. We have some good pieces going into next year. we have an SEC point guard. We have a 3 that can score and get to the rack. We have a post guy that will get better with some depth that we have coming in. Fred is an athletic 2/3 , can defend well I hope his outside shot improves if it does he will be good. I think RR can coach, its my opinion. I heard they bust their ass in practice. I know for a fact the off season is much better . (weight training, conditioning ect )
We will be able to judge a lot better when he has a full cast available.
Im not Team RR , I had no clue who he was when we hired. But from some people I have talked with they are impressed. I think he is doing about as good of a job as one can expect with the hand he has.
Now if he cant get the players in here, (next years class looks pretty good ) and isn't winning in year 4 then I am all for making a move. And if and when we have to do that the program wont be near as in shambles for the next coach as it was when RR got here last year..

mic
02-17-2014, 10:23 PM
He will be judged in years 3 and 4 but that doesn't mean stick our heads in the sand during years 1 and 2 which I think some of y'all are doing. I think we can make the NCAA tournament next year. If tough decisions are made. That's why I'm so annoying/loud about it. If I wait till next year starts it's way too late. I have to yell over and over like a ****ing crazy person for y'all to listen. Do I want to do that? Not really but I will if it means we get into the NCAA tourney next year. I'll do it every year if it means that.

I hear ya . I would to make the dance next year. But lets don't go all mental breakdown if we don't. NIT would be nice..
Look at the SEC schools now that have talent that are having to fight off the bubble.
Tennessee .. lots of talent . couple of possible NBA guys
LSU. for sure 2 NBA guys
Mizzu... I think they should be better
Arkansas.. cant win on the road. Have talent
OM.. say what ya want they have talent. and a NBA guy . Summers.
I bet only 2 get in if that many....

TheDogFather
02-17-2014, 10:25 PM

I'm looking around and damn, your not the only one here.

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 10:26 PM
My take is that the team plays their ass off.. At least as good as you can for 8 players. There is no off or on the court BS. We have some good pieces going into next year. we have an SEC point guard. We have a 3 that can score and get to the rack. We have a post guy that will get better with some depth that we have coming in. Fred is an athletic 2/3 , can defend well I hope his outside shot improves if it does he will be good. I think RR can coach, its my opinion. I heard they bust their ass in practice. I know for a fact the off season is much better . (weight training, conditioning ect )

We will be able to judge a lot better when he has a full cast available.
Im not Team RR , I had no clue who he was when we hired. But from some people I have talked with they are impressed. I think he is doing about as good of a job as one can expect with the hand he has.
Now if he cant get the players in here, (next years class looks pretty good ) and isn't winning in year 4 then I am all for making a move. And if and when we have to do that the program wont be near as in shambles for the next coach as it was when RR got here last year..

Ha, Mic, I was right with you till the last sentence. Y'all just can't help it.

TheDogFather
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM
But these idiots are too dumb to realize it

Yep. You are definitely the only reason this message board has any traffic.

mic
02-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Ha, Mic, I was right with you till the last sentence. Y'all just can't help it.

Cant help what..?? The program was a mess when he got here.. every starter was gone from previous year. Hood leaving was a huge blow.. Guys that were suppose to help got hurt or were hurt. And yes some of the mess was the ex coaches fault. Just like it was with Jackie and Polk when they left.. they left behind stuff to be cleaned up. Just in my opinion the basketball coaches mess was worse..

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Cant help what..?? The program was a mess when he got here.. every starter was gone from previous year. Hood leaving was a huge blow.. Guys that were suppose to help got hurt or were hurt. And yes some of the mess was the ex coaches fault. Just like it was with Jackie and Polk when they left.. they left behind stuff to be cleaned up. Just in my opinion the basketball coaches mess was worse..

You have to excuse the two months of transition from both coaches imo. When Stansbury was fired Hood, Sidney, Moultrie, SSmith, DSmith, Lewis, Steele and Kristers were all still on the team and Josh Gray was still committed. End of story. His reign is over. Stop speculating wether or not they'd be on the team or gone and stop blaming Stansbury for those that left. It's nobodies blame. Players leave when there's coach turnover.

esplanade91
02-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Fred Thomas is anything but a decent SEC player.