PDA

View Full Version : Who's your break out player for Spring Practice?

Political Hack
02-17-2014, 10:00 AM
only one...

Go.

BeastMan
02-17-2014, 10:02 AM
If I'm limited to guys we haven't heard much from, I think Gabe Myles makes his presence known in the slot or KR

dawgoneyall
02-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Wilson.

Becomes a NFL type player.

Jacksondevildog
02-17-2014, 10:06 AM
This>

College football will be introduced to him this upcoming year.
Wilson.

Becomes a NFL type player.

ckDOG
02-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Redmond.

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Nick James. He finally plays to potential and he and Chris Jones wreak havoc. Coming to a backfield near you.

Political Hack
02-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Beast, that's a solid pick for sure. Will be interesting to see how CDM uses Tubby, Holloway, and Myles this year. I hope Tubby gets a break on punt returns and maybe even kick returns. Would like to see more of Holloway on kick returns. Give that guy an alley and he'll fly. Just have to make sure he doesn't get broke in half. Myles could be the primary back up in the slot if they use Brown and Ross outside... but, with Bear, Morrow, and now Shelby and Hammond challenging, the WR rotation is going to be very interesting to watch. Chapelle could make a push too. Jucos have a history of making a big leap in year two under CDM.

Outside of WR, I want to know how the DT spot is shaping up. I really, really hope Nick James becomes a dominant force there.

Political Hack
02-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Redmond.

would love to see him thrive and I think he's ready for it. He was solid all last season and if given the chance I think he turns into a big time playmaker.

BeardoMSU
02-17-2014, 10:20 AM
ST coach***

DCdawg
02-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Beniquez Brown. I know he already stepped up this season, but between McKinney, Richie, and him, our LB unit will be solid. I think Beni Brown will step up and be a leader.

I hope Shumpert makes a jump becomes a solid 1,2 punch with JRob.

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Cox, now he is where he needs to be. Will be the REAL DEAL at safety.

codeDawg
02-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Cox, now he is where he needs to be. Will be the REAL DEAL at safety.

I hope it's Cox. We need somebody to step up back there, and hopefully he plays to his potential as his natural position. Between him and Hughes returning and solid bench players with good experience we can turn that position around this year.

thedawg
02-17-2014, 10:43 AM
There are some obvious guys that make a jump.. My underdog that we have to get on the field next year is Fred Brown

FISHDAWG
02-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Devon Bell / Sobiesk / Earhart ... or anyone else that can place kick

BeastMan
02-17-2014, 10:58 AM
There are some obvious guys that make a jump.. My underdog that we have to get on the field next year is Fred Brown

Brown looked really good last spring but an injury right before the season started derailed him a bit. Big spring for him to assert himself in the mix and not get passed by all this young talent. I like Brown a lot. Smooth route runner and good hands.

BeastMan
02-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Nick James. He finally plays to potential and he and Chris Jones wreak havoc. Coming to a backfield near you.

Great pick. I've heard he's in the best shape he's been in since he's been at MSU. Hopefully that translates to everything else he needs to do to live up to his potential.

Coach34
02-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Gonna take a shot here:

Rufus Warren

Good blocking TE now moving to OT. Instantly becomes our most athletic linemen with good hands and good feet. Has had plenty of work blocking over the years so it's not a big transition for him like it would be if he played defense. I look for him to make some big strides this Spring

mic
02-17-2014, 11:15 AM
If I'm limited to guys we haven't heard much from, I think Gabe Myles makes his presence known in the slot or KR

I agree about the KR.. I also think Myles may get a shot at PR as well..

justwin
02-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Nick Griffin

mic
02-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Dee Arrington.. I think this the best position for him..

dawggoneit
02-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Got to go with Nick James also.

FISHDAWG
02-17-2014, 11:27 AM
think he will overtake Samuel ?

MitchD24
02-17-2014, 11:33 AM
I'd like to see Shelby Christy get some action.. He could be a great down field threat

War Machine Dawg
02-17-2014, 11:33 AM
I hope it's Cox. We need somebody to step up back there, and hopefully he plays to his potential as his natural position. Between him and Hughes returning and solid bench players with good experience we can turn that position around this year.

Kendrick Market is MSU's Rodney Dangerfield - No Respect. The kid was 2nd on the team in tackles last season and made numerous big plays, including the game-saving tackle against UK. Everyone acting like Cox & Hughes are going to just steamroll Market and force him to the bench is ludicrous. I guarantee Market isn't going to roll over and just hand his starting job back to one of those guys. He's got a high football IQ and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. That's crucial at safety. I'd be very surprised if he isn't a starter at safety next season.

Political Hack
02-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I love Market and loved him as a recruit. Anytime you can get the best player on the best team in your home state, you go grab them. a step slow and an inch short but that dude flat out can play football. Reminds me of Josh Morgan somewhat.

Dawg61
02-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Damian Williams. He's now #2 on the depth chart.

tcdog70
02-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Gonna take a shot here:

Rufus Warren

Good blocking TE now moving to OT. Instantly becomes our most athletic linemen with good hands and good feet. Has had plenty of work blocking over the years so it's not a big transition for him like it would be if he played defense. I look for him to make some big strides this Spring

Nice choice and if true a huge Boost for our OL

War Machine Dawg
02-17-2014, 12:42 PM
I love Market and loved him as a recruit. Anytime you can get the best player on the best team in your home state, you go grab them. a step slow and an inch short but that dude flat out can play football. Reminds me of Josh Morgan somewhat.

Market has "football speed." He may not have the fastest 40 or be the biggest, but the guy is a badass on the football field. When the pads are on, some guys just have that indefinable "it" and Market is one of them.

LC Dawg
02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Matt Wells. I know he has been a starter for a while now but it seems to have finally started clicking for him. To close out the year he had really good games against A&M and Bama, got hurt early against Ark. and was having a great Egg Bowl before going out with an injury. He was predominantly a RB in high school and sometimes it just takes longer for some players to swap sides of the ball effectively. I'm expecting a big jump in production out of him this year.

chef dixon
02-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Matt Wells. I know he has been a starter for a while now but it seems to have finally started clicking for him. To close out the year he had really good games against A&M and Bama, got hurt early against Ark. and was having a great Egg Bowl before going out with an injury. He was predominantly a RB in high school and sometimes it just takes longer for some players to swap sides of the ball effectively. I'm expecting a big jump in production out of him this year.

Good one. With all the praise McKinney gets, Wells is the one who Collins relies on to take the toughest defensive assignments. I know he's an awkward size for the next level, but I think he puts himself in position to play in the NFL after next year based on his combo of speed/size/instincts.

My breakout guy is Fred Ross. Ready to see what this guy can do.