PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we are going to get a big committment from Dontae Jones...

dawgclub99
02-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Huge get if he pulls the trigger.

Bully13
02-16-2014, 07:58 PM
yes indeed. how soon do you think he makes the decision? where's your info coming from?

dawgclub99
02-16-2014, 08:00 PM
just reading between the lines. Hes committing very soon and he did not make his scheduled visit to OM this weekend after naming us his leader.

defiantdog
02-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Hmmmm.... that's like saying Leo Lewis is about to commit to Bama. I bet Dontae stretches it even if he commits. Joker isn't gonna give up on this kid at Florida. Might as well sit back and wait on this one.

starkvegasdawg
02-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Hope this Dontae Jones doesn't have to pass 36 hours in summer school to become eligible. Not sure we could pull that off again.

Coach34
02-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Final Four here we come!!

bulldawg28
02-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Lol...if he pulls the trigger? Close thread nothing to see hear.

codeDawg
02-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Man, isn't this the guy we "had no shot at" a couple of months ago? These are the guys we have to get, and this staff is obviously stepping up their game.

Todd4State
02-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Man, isn't this the guy we "had no shot at" a couple of months ago? These are the guys we have to get, and this staff is obviously stepping up their game.

Winning four out of five against your rival, going to four bowls in a row, and having a Heisman contender at QB all are things that help out immensely. If we have the season I think we could have- 8-10 wins with the possibility of a third NYD bowl in five years- it will only reinforce what our coaches are selling.

Also, I don't think our coaches are that bad at recruiting despite what the rankings say. It's not their fault that Rosebowl can't see the talent that a guy like McKinney has or that they are too lazy to watch him play in high school.

Brian Johnson- has a reputation as a good recruiter.
Knox- has a reputation as a good recruiter
Billy- good recruiter
Sallach- helped land Shumpert.
Hevesey- a lot better than he is given credit for. Definitely a lot better than sevendust claims he is. Just because he's Dan's friend doesn't mean he sucks like McCorvey did.
Turner- pretty good recruiter.
Collins- Very good recruiter.
Hughes- probably our best recruiter.
Townsend- very good recruiter.

The only one I see that is even debatable about his recruiting skills is Sallach.

Brad Stevens
02-16-2014, 11:41 PM
For those of us who don't follow recruiting and who opened this thread thinking a certain former basketball player may be returning as an assistant coach or something, could you give us a quick synopsis on the situation?

Todd4State
02-17-2014, 12:03 AM
For those of us who don't follow recruiting and who opened this thread thinking a certain former basketball player may be returning as an assistant coach or something, could you give us a quick synopsis on the situation?

This Dontae Jones is a four star recruit from Louisville, MS. One of the best outside WR's in the state. At first was thought to be an Ole Miss lean with Florida in the mix. Is now leaning to MSU.

engie
02-17-2014, 12:16 AM

Elite outside WR at Louisville high. Best outside receiver in MS this year in a pretty deep class at the position. Was initially supposed to be an OM/Florida battle without much of a mention of MSU. Has since named us his leader really before his JR day visit, but especially after. He's very high on MSU right now and people think he may be close to pulling the trigger. Helps that we've got Omarr Conner coaching him. Name seems to actually be Dontea -- differentiating him from the guy of basketball fame.

That said, I hate speculation threads like this. Especially when they imply things about the future that are not guaranteed from a kid that has changed his mind a few times already.

engie
02-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Hmmmm.... that's like saying Leo Lewis is about to commit to Bama. I bet Dontae stretches it even if he commits. Joker isn't gonna give up on this kid at Florida. Might as well sit back and wait on this one.

Maybe if Lewis had skipped our JR day the weekend after Bama's and named Bama his leader while saying he intended to decide soon. In other words -- not similar -- at all -- in any way whatsoever.

I seen it dawg
02-17-2014, 06:55 AM
The 2014 signing day bodies aren't even cold yet. I wish I knew how to put that face palm pic up.

Raytoraid83
02-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Good call on Jones, just committed. Lets get Adams and Leo locked up next

Coach34
02-17-2014, 12:33 PM
yeah- nice job dawgclub99